Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
1820- ADS-B showing Exec1F (C-32 # 99-0003) off ADW heading northwest. But--news reports FLOTUS & POTUS hosting dinner for Zelensky tonight at White House.

Don't believe everything the press reports, there is NO dinner scheduled. Here is her schedule for today.

At 3:00 PM, the President and the First Lady will welcome President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Mrs. Olena Zelenska of Ukraine to the White House.
At 3:20 PM, the First Lady will meet with Mrs. Olena Zelenska at the White House.
At 7:20 PM, the First Lady will arrive at King County International Airport in Seattle, WA.

And his schedule for tonight...

7:10 PM THE PRESIDENT departs the White House en route to the Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC
8:25 PM THE PRESIDENT delivers remarks at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute 46th Annual Gala, Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC
9:00 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
On Tuesday, September 26, the President will travel to the San Francisco Bay Area, California.

On Wednesday, September 27, the President will travel to the Phoenix area of Arizona.

On Thursday, September 28, the President will deliver remarks in AZ.

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
I think we've all seen items like 257.725 that haven't been updated in the RRDB yet but the FAA shows them, and items like 353.5 that do still appear in the database but the FAA says were deleted almost two years ago. Thoughts?

I can also confirm that 353.500 has been used recently (ZNY Sector 66 Manta). I have never heard 257.725. Last post that mentions 257.725 on the forum here was in 2020 being used in CAP airspace. If I was a RRDB admin I would keep 353.500 and add 257.725 with a note about it being in the FAA databases.

FIREBOX2914

Premium Subscriber
1650- Couple of Northrop Grumman CRJ-7s (Scan 04-N804X & Scan 06-N806X) on discrete (123.225) working orbits over the Baltimore-Annapolis area.
Scan 6 was actually coming back from out west. ADS-B doesn't show them doing any laps.

Scan 37 was out this morning off the coast for a few houes, and Scan 4 went up this afternoon after a long nap to run laps for a bit.

JetWash

I can also confirm that 353.500 has been used recently (ZNY Sector 66 Manta). I have never heard 257.725. Last post that mentions 257.725 on the forum here was in 2020 being used in CAP airspace. If I was a RRDB admin I would keep 353.500 and add 257.725 with a note about it being in the FAA databases.
Airscan, your thought about such a note that a RRDB Admin could add is EXACTLY what I was hoping for.

And I looked at the RR wiki as RALEIGHGUY mentioned, but didn't see any place where an "unconfirmed" freq such as 257.725 could be entered. Quite the contrary, the submission guidelines stress "personally monitored" as a requirement for posting. Rather than using the database for "not yet confirmed by personal monitoring", perhaps a separate forum for such entries might make everyone happy.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
And I looked at the RR wiki as RALEIGHGUY mentioned, but didn't see any place where an "unconfirmed" freq such as 257.725 could be entered. Quite the contrary, the submission guidelines stress "personally monitored" as a requirement for posting. Rather than using the database for "not yet confirmed by personal monitoring", perhaps a separate forum for such entries might make everyone happy.

I wasn't saying a place existed, I was saying you could create a place, that is the beauty of the Wiki anyone can start a new page or edit an existing one. The "personally monitored" requirement is for the database, not the wiki, and I still think the RR Wiki would be the best place.

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
Regarding these specific frequencies, I’m personally confirming that at this moment, every transmission the ATC makes on VHF 128.300 is also heard on 353.500.
Thanks for confirming. I presume you are in range of the Ship Bottom RCAG and can hear the controller on both frequencies. In addition to 257.725 the FAA (AFF) also shows 133.050 as a low frequency at Ship Bottom. Do you ever hear anything on either 257.725 or 133.050 as well ? Wondering if they are maybe special use or spare frequencies and/or the controller is simulcasting on them ?

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for confirming. I presume you are in range of the Ship Bottom RCAG and can hear the controller on both frequencies. In addition to 257.725 the FAA (AFF) also shows 133.050 as a low frequency at Ship Bottom. Do you ever hear anything on either 257.725 or 133.050 as well ? Wondering if they are maybe special use or spare frequencies and/or the controller is simulcasting on them ?
Yes I do hear the controller, VHF comes in decent. To hear UHF, my squelch has to be at zero.
I know where the transmitter location is and it’s a quick drive to get within good range.
I’ll do some listening/recording of 133.050 and 257.725

freqhopping

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.