Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
ROMA 71 scooting up the coast splotchy comms on 391.0, already way past me on my fringe. Once again got up too late.
Currently active here and talking about tankers departing on time for support.

09:00 EST KC-135 just departed Pease climbing out ... Hex AE04E6 59-1516

Last edited:

dmi

Premium Subscriber
I monitored Atlantic City approach on LiveATC a few minutes ago (the archive file for 1700-1730UTC and 1730-1800UTC)

The radar controller was confused as well. When N47 came up on frequency for landing back at KACY, the controller asked them if they had two transponders on. N47 replied that they are doing a WHAM project and it requires the use of two active transponders. So you have N47 flying but showing as two aircraft (two separate active transponders).

Hope that helps. Could not find any information related to WHAM and FAA - although I found a bunch of unrelated stuff.
Could it have been WAM - ADS-B Wide Area Multilateration (WAM) ?

The first link has a video on it. Click on the three circles above video as well as the "Future Capabilites" icon under the video.

More info on WAM

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Could it have been WAM - ADS-B Wide Area Multilateration (WAM) ?

The first link has a video on it. Click on the three circles above video as well as the "Future Capabilites" icon under the video.

More info on WAM
That makes perfect sense- I just added the H and ended up going no where. Had the controllers asking questions so I don't feel too bad 🤪

hrspotter

Jet noise lover
Unknown aircraft (probaly a helo or V22) approached the KPHL traffic area at low altitude - departed Norfolk area and looks to be headed back to Pax River

That’s a MH-53E of HM-12 Sea Dragons. All their helos have the AE5D hex range.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
293.3 - some interesting traffic from around 5p on yesterday. Much of it broken up from my car in Richmond. I have this as a DC Aircap freq, and there was some talk of a ground vehicle doing 75 (mph?) westbound. Did anybody else catch any of this?

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.