Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrspotter

Jet noise lover
Does anyone know the significance of the DTMF tones following some messages on HGFCS? I got a recording of them after what sounded like a routine EAM/force direction message. Two tones, separated by a few seconds, after “This is callsign, OUT.” I ran it through a DTMF decoder and got # and 9. Do these tones serve any particular purpose for the net?

vocoder

maybe heading ar111
cs ziggy, a new one for me
funny thing, back when, kid at school had been nicknamed ziggy

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Bit off topic but for D-Day next year seems the US C-47's/DC-3's will make the trip on the 80th anniversary.
Heck even that one Pittsburgh based C-17 already has their D-Day stripes on. Should be huge event come June.

PenguinSix

DHS upgraded tomorrow's event for Israel on the National Mall to a SEAR-1 level, making it on par with the Super Bowl (the Indy 500 is a SEAR-2). That means we should see some interesting air support assets over the DC area. The leadership of the House and Senate, along with Israeli President Herzog will be speaking, along with about an estimated crowd of 100,000.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
VP travel Tuesday...

DAILY GUIDANCE FOR THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2023

At 10:30 am ET, the Vice President will depart Washington, DC en route to San Francisco, CA.
At 1:00 pm PT, the Vice President will arrive at San Francisco International Airport.

On Thursday, November 16, the Vice President and Second Gentleman will travel from Oakland, CA to Los Angeles, CA, where they will remain for the weekend.

wx9svr

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the significance of the DTMF tones following some messages on HGFCS? I got a recording of them after what sounded like a routine EAM/force direction message. Two tones, separated by a few seconds, after “This is callsign, OUT.” I ran it through a DTMF decoder and got # and 9. Do these tones serve any particular purpose for the net?

From the way-back machine:

"The distinctive touch-tone beeps (DTMF tones) heard at the end of transmissions from Offutt and some others are left over from Giant Talk days. Offutt, in particular, has capability to seize all of the ground net, and truly talk like a giant. The beeps key and unkey remote transmitters. The echoes heard are both propagation delays and the result of slow landlines or satellites going to the distant sites." - from w8jjr's post

Dutchmil

Roma 61 just passing over Norfolk hugging the coast.

Thanks, ROMA 61 with TREND 11-14 now checking in with Boston on 118.425, in the block 250-270.
Think the Hornets will go to Keflavik, Iceland BIKF for a nightstop.

ROMA 71 still in a holding pattern near Charleston, don't think TREND 21 is going to make it today .... :mad:

mdmonitor

1210- 2 FAA jets flying crazy patterns all over northern NJ, currently over central NJ. very low altitudes. Shadowing each other.
FLTCK2U is a larger jet, no info showing except the HEX- FAAFC1
N47 smaller jet BOMBARDIER BD-700, HEX- A5BEC0
Tech

That's them checking approaches at various airports. FAA checks the approach systems at all airport & military bases as well. Not sure but I believe all the systems have to be verified every year.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Tech

That's them checking approaches at various airports. FAA checks the approach systems at all airport & military bases as well. Not sure but I believe all the systems have to be verified every year.
Every year at least and after certain types of maintenance that could affect patterns and coverage.

Luckily they are using the jets, to do patterns in the twin turboprop flight check aircraft can take awhile.

Thanks
Joel

freqhopping

Just came across this obit for Rear Admiral Christenson, laid to rest at the Naval Academy last Thursday. Checking the ADSB replay there was a TIS-B track that appears to be a helo from Patuxent.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1325 local ASY-844 C-17 #A41-211 inbound Andrews from Lossiemouth Scotland.
Trans for 5 crew,rq 185k fuel,C/ag and flight servicing..
Unusual for Aussie C-17 into Andrews.. They usually stick with C-17 support bases..

Looks like the remaining two B-1's overseas will rtb Tomorrow as Res up in AR-62W 1600z-1930z.

Status
Not open for further replies.