Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhopping

GASMAN02 is just under 10k from bingo. Can loiter for another hour but wouldn't be able to offload any. SWATH13 still a ways out. 260.9

0040- 231.625 for AR. NOBLE21 flight, two to the boom and 1 to the left wing.

0043- Hearing a fighter jet overhead, see flashing lights heading SE bound. No commercial flights match on ADS-B. Matches with GD CAP track.

There is also some other aircraft around 3-5000ft 10-15miles east of me that is not on flight tracking.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
While I do not think it is an exercise I disagree with your thought it is related to recent bomb threats, those were ground based threats in Oregon, Texas and Baltimore and this doesn't seem to be protecting any of those areas. Also can't see them activating air support for a ground threat. But you never know, just my worthless opinion.
Well unless something official is presented or leaks out....all we can do is guess or give opinions. 99.999 % of the time the folks in the aircraft (in this instance) know what they are doing and that is all that is important. So all we can hope is that whatever it is / was - presumably it did not happen (or happen yet) and they are doing what they can to prevent it. That way all of our service men and women can be safe and in some cases home with their families.

jsoergel

Feed Provider
There is a SANTA-01 Army C-27J up and about just South of Raleigh over Fort Liberty.
Now a second C-27J Santa-02.. 82nd Airborne Santa's Helpers doing some jumps? :)
This time in December is when many units host family days with “Santa’s arrival.” Some tow an aircraft while he sits in it, some have him dropped off by helicopter, and some jump out of a perfectly good airplane!

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
@1022L Sounded like 1258 cllng ADW Torch Cntrl 251.200; asking about practice or cactus? Radio was very muffled and they asked Torch to repeat their message several times.
???58/Torch Cntrl @ 1040L.
@1040L MD A10s a/a 271.4; Kiowa range 233.45; sounds like their time on the range is up.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
CanForce Tanker CFC3313 came South to Raleigh and circled a bit and now Northbound towards just west of DC maybe dragging a Hornet or two.Probably returning from Key West.

Last edited:

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Been listening to all the action on 260.9 with a number of Langley mentions. Also heard some kind of chugging sound on 228.8, sounds a lot like what I've heard in the past on 359.4 at Yorktown NWS.

73/Allen (N4JRI)
UPDATE on 228.8 - Heard some a2a in the clear around 1:30a--sounded like pilots discussing their respective sleep status and home security systems. VERY strong in Richmond while 260.9 was breaking up. (TRX-1 with stock ducky on my end table)

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.