Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
On Tuesday, December 26, the Vice President and Second Gentleman will travel from Washington, DC to Los Angeles, CA.
I want to say things about VP etc but seeing it is Christmas will let it go.. LOL Wish them well..

Potus CAP notam up for St Croix..

Scramble team had a nice Holiday greetings photo.. . inbound Wallops Island? :)

Last edited:

freqhopping

Guard audio
They ought to get their locations correct so the pilot has a clue who they're talking to. Quite a difference between Frederick and Fredericksburg. They should also be identifying as USAF like CAP regulars do.

Carroll Co CTAF The pilot has a French-sounding accent.

At the same time this guy in white/red single-engine heading southbound ~25mi NE of Fredericksburg is possibly hearing this and turns east. ?? Maybe just a coincidence.
ADS-B Exchange - track aircraft live

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
POTUS TFR for ST CROIX From December 27, 2023 at 1715 UTC (December 27, 2023 at 1315 AST) to January 03, 2024 at 0200 UTC (January 02, 2024 at 2200 AST).

VP TFR for Los Angeles, December 26, 2023 at 1415 PST to January 03, 2024 at 1245 PST, after she heads to Las Vegas.

Should be a quiet week in DC.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
POTUS back to serving the populous and headed to the office tomorrow, before leaving Wednesday for vacation. No departure time from Camp David listed on daily schedule, but figure in the 10:30am range.

11:00 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive at the White House, South Lawn

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
U.S. military forces conducted strikes on three facilities used by Kataib Hezbollah and affiliated groups in Iraq. These precision strikes are a response to a series of attacks against U.S. personnel in Iraq and Syria by Iranian-sponsored militias, including an attack by Iran-affiliated Kataib Hezbollah and affiliated groups on Erbil Air Base earlier today

Capture1.PNG

ra7850

Premium Subscriber
A few weeks ago on here posted a F-15E trapped the emergency wire at RAF Lakenheath due to hydraulic problem.
Guess concern was braking and all went well. There is vid clip on U tube of the landing.

WIDE-33 on way in KC-46 out of McGuire.. Thirsty F-15's keeping tankers busy.
Its been a number of years, but the Utility system has an A & B side. I do know in almost every instance of a Utility system, Circuit A or Circuit B light inflight that I've seen or known about, they almost always take the barrier, IE, use the tail hook to catch the arresting cable for landing attempts with those conditions.

Robert

Dutchmil

Well I did watch three C17s depart Homestead for St Croix and then this KC135 did a few orbits so possibly connected.
Thanks Terry, that was helpfull as I was able to find their tanker now !

Found in the LiveATC archives, KC-135R BOLT 53 (58-0023) was scheduled to refuel the 55FS F-16s in AR-638.
However they couldn't A/R, as SHOOTER 11, SHOOTER 13, DICE 21 and PISTOL 31 flight all diverted to Homestead.

Finding the outbound flights to San Juan is a bit more difficult, but working on it ....... :rolleyes:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Terry, that was helpfull as I was able to find their tanker now !

Found in the LiveATC archives, KC-135R BOLT 53 (58-0023) was scheduled to refuel the 55FS F-16s in AR-638.
However they couldn't A/R, as SHOOTER 11, SHOOTER 13, DICE 21 and PISTOL 31 flight all diverted to Homestead.

Finding the outbound flights to San Juan is a bit more difficult, but working on it ....... :rolleyes:
Rene

I am sure you have but they do need to contact San Juan Center at some point for passage through.....there are a few "online" feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.