Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hbright

Seems Shaw F-16's handling the St Croix New Years CAP as at least 6 landed San Juan last night..
Guess the E-4B will hang out in Florida next week too. Tankers may stage at MacDill..

If I remember correctly, they fly their aircraft down to PR before Christmas, then leave the planes there and fly back to their families before returning to their aircraft after Christmas.

POTUS has gone or had tried to go (before COVID stopped him in 2021) to St Croix each New Year's that he's been president. It's as much tradition as Nantucket for Thanksgiving is.

Curious who's doing the Guard Dog CAP this weekend. Last week it was VA ANG F-22s. I wonder if they took over for a week to allow the SC ANG F-16s time to prepare for a PR TDY trip?

KO4RJX

Merry Christmas to all, and a heartfelt thank you for making my listening experience better throughout the year.

Not MilAir at all, but wanted to mention for some fun listening, NC has an annual tradition that began in Charlotte and now covers the whole state of Christmas greetings between PS departments across the state. The post about the event is below, including links for those out of state to join the 30-45 event Sunday night.

Broadcastify link is
When "I remember," I try to cut the portable on to catch it and check in. Last year checked in on the mobile heading home from a family event.

ra7850

Premium Subscriber
They need someone at Kadena.. Late November they sent F-35's from Hill and Alaska to cover
intercepts.. Gonna take a long while to get new F-15's to Kadena.. Good question. What were they thinking?

For space junkies a Space X Canaveral launch tonight at 11PM local...

HF 11175 Mainsail with test count at 8:05PM local.. Prob be broadcasting soon.
Off East Coast OBAN-28 E-6 #163920 and West Coast AGNEW-34 #164407..
Once a Maryland Governor and VP.. hmm. No statues of him around here.. LOL

Seems like everything grounded these days.
Exactly, They weren't. All of the support equipment for the Eagles is/was already there. At one point there were 3 squadrons of Eagles there. I spent 4 years there working on them.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
18:30 FACH985 Chile Air Force Boeing 767-300 Hex E80648

Going to take a wild guess and figure it is doing a flight/maintenance test roundtrip after service at Delta Tech Ops

Small world - I used to handle the wheels and brakes for this aircraft as one of my customers was Euro Atlantic Airways.

Last edited:

Dutchmil

Seems Shaw F-16's handling the St Croix New Years CAP as at least 6 landed San Juan last night..

Thanks for the video, Mark !

Apparently they departed from Homestead to Luis Muñoz Marín IAP [TJSJ] as RUDE 11 flight.
No tanker support it seems, but I doubt they will try a 900 mile leg over water without tankers ... :unsure:

Did anyone pickup something ?

Merry Christmas to everyone, and thanks for all of your input here !!

René.

freqhopping

The tanker track has been passing directly over my mom's house today. Certainly won't be able to see any of them today. Fighters might be from Seymour Johnson, I did hear some RTB there yesterday.
Chatting during AR on 231.625 confirms these guys from SJ also.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
The tanker track has been passing directly over my mom's house today. Certainly won't be able to see any of them today. Fighters might be from Seymour Johnson, I did hear some RTB there yesterday.
Chatting during AR on 231.625 confirms these guys from SJ also.
Was wondering as I can't catch them very well so far away here but did hear NOBLE give tanker on way in earlier tail 90496
and searching Scramble couldn't find any F-16 close to that but did find #89-0496 F-15E from 335th FS at SJ.
Can't recall ever E-models working a CAP but maybe just don't remember.. Been a while :)
1000 local NOBLE-12 says will rtb SJ with Huntress 260.900... Signal is weak at times.
Tanker WIDE-31 comes up on Guard Dog 135.525 saying they will rtb McGuire in 5 minutes via ENO. ENO : SMYRNA navaid | OpenNav

Is the CAP ending?

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the video, Mark !

Apparently they departed from Homestead to Luis Muñoz Marín IAP [TJSJ] as RUDE 11 flight.
No tanker support it seems, but I doubt they will try a 900 mile leg over water without tankers ... :unsure:

Did anyone pickup something ?

Merry Christmas to everyone, and thanks for all of your input here !!

René.
Rene

Good day

Merry Christmas to you and yours...and thanks as always for your great input.

Well I did watch three C17s depart Homestead for St Croix and then this KC135 did a few orbits so possibly connected.

Take care

Terry

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Was wondering as I can't catch them very well so far away here but did hear NOBLE give tanker on way in earlier tail 90496
and searching Scramble couldn't find any F-16 close to that but did find #89-0496 F-15E from 335th FS at SJ.
Can't recall ever E-models working a CAP but maybe just don't remember.. Been a while :)
1000 local NOBLE-12 says will rtb SJ with Huntress 260.900... Signal is weak at times.
Tanker WIDE-31 comes up on Guard Dog 135.525 saying they will rtb McGuire in 5 minutes via ENO. ENO : SMYRNA navaid | OpenNav

Is the CAP ending?
0957 Local - 260.900 - NOBLE-12 (F-15E #89-0496 - 335th FS, Seymour Johnson AFB) w/ HUNTRESS
"UTL-A" Hydraulic issue. Two souls on board. RTB Seymour Johnson - KGSB

NOBLE-11 (F-15E #89-0492 - 336th FS, Seymour Johnson AFB)

Anyone have A-A freqs for these guys besides these -> Seymour Johnson Air Force Base (Wayne County) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
0957 Local - 260.900 - NOBLE-12 (F-15E #89-0496 - 335th FS, Seymour Johnson AFB) w/ HUNTRESS
"UTL-A" Hydraulic issue. Two souls on board. RTB Seymour Johnson - KGSB

NOBLE-11 (F-15E #89-0492 - 336th FS, Seymour Johnson AFB)

Anyone have A-A freqs for these guys?
from somewhere in this link.....https://forum.dcs.world/topic/134381-hydraulics-failure-question/

A failure a single hydraulic system is not considered critical because of dual systems and Reservoir level sensing incorporated into the hydraulic system design. Although not considered critical, proper treatment of the situation is warranted, as with any emergency, due to the possibility of subsequent failures which may compound the problem subsequent failures which may compound the problem. with a utility a failure, if conditions warrant, recommend in approach and arrestment. For multiple hydraulic failures the pilot must refer to the hydraulic flow diagram, this section to determine systems affected and corrective action required
A UTL A failure is the only single hydraulic failure which requires pilot action
1.if conditions warrant, recommend in approach and arrestment.
2.Refer to emergency landing gear extension procedure.
3.Emergency brake/steer handle - PULL AFTER NOSEWHEEL IS ON THE GROUND (pulling the brake above 70 knots increases the probability of blown tires.

ra7850

Premium Subscriber
from somewhere in this link.....https://forum.dcs.world/topic/134381-hydraulics-failure-question/

A failure a single hydraulic system is not considered critical because of dual systems and Reservoir level sensing incorporated into the hydraulic system design. Although not considered critical, proper treatment of the situation is warranted, as with any emergency, due to the possibility of subsequent failures which may compound the problem subsequent failures which may compound the problem. with a utility a failure, if conditions warrant, recommend in approach and arrestment. For multiple hydraulic failures the pilot must refer to the hydraulic flow diagram, this section to determine systems affected and corrective action required
A UTL A failure is the only single hydraulic failure which requires pilot action
1.if conditions warrant, recommend in approach and arrestment.
2.Refer to emergency landing gear extension procedure.
3.Emergency brake/steer handle - PULL AFTER NOSEWHEEL IS ON THE GROUND (pulling the brake above 70 knots increases the probability of blown tires.
A bit more information. The F15 / F15E has 3 hydraulic systems, PC1 (Power Control 1), PC2 (Power Control 2) and Utility.

Robert

Mark

Premium Subscriber
A bit more information. The F15 / F15E has 3 hydraulic systems, PC1 (Power Control 1), PC2 (Power Control 2) and Utility.

Robert
A few weeks ago on here posted a F-15E trapped the emergency wire at RAF Lakenheath due to hydraulic problem.
Guess concern was braking and all went well. There is vid clip on U tube of the landing.

WIDE-33 on way in KC-46 out of McGuire.. Thirsty F-15's keeping tankers busy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.