Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

Mark

Premium Subscriber
New callsign seen today for VIP equipment pick up out of KMKE, has anyone seen "FAMUS88" before?

View attachment 166394
I think you are right as VIP callsign as another FAMUS currently enroute Andrews from Austin Tx.
FAMUS-32 C-17 #95-0107.. Guess they just wanted to make it more obvious :)

MAFFS-C-130 Tankers busy just East of Bakersfield Cal fighting fires today flying out of NAS Point Mugu.
1722106287489.png

Can only hear bits of CAP today but hearing tanker like IGOR-13 checking into CAP with Potomac (Guard Dog) 135.525
and Huntress 260.900

Last edited:

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
I'm currently in Freeport, ME. I was listening to the TALON01 flight. After coming up on 239.3 for approach then back to 268.2 I heard 284.65 mentioned 'as something to try' it sounded like. Anybody know what 284.65 is?

During their chat the consensus seemed to be doing their low level flight prior to eating. Clam chowder then a low level might not be a good idea.
Sorry for the late reply. Just got back home. 284.65 is part of Bangor TRACON paired with 133.6 which is mostly used for the Bar Harbor area which includes the Hancock County / Bar Harbor (KBHB) airport. Whenever I hear 133.6 heard from my location, it's usually someone going to KBHB. This is the first time that I've heard any military flights inbound to Bangor use 284.65 After going back and reviewing my recordings, I understood why. ZBW told them to go to the usual approach freq of 239.3 TALON came back saying they weren't getting any response on that freq so ZBW gave them 284.65

While in Maine, you could pop 284.65 into your scanner, but don't expect to hear much on it unless there truly is some issue with 239.3

BTW, I heard that chowder statement too! Was having a good chuckle about it here! These two pilots were extremely talkative. While I was out, I caught them on recordings at 1141AM on their way to VR-840 for their low level fun. They exited the route just North of BGR and landed.

Caught them again at 307PM as they were heading back to Langley, again chatting away. Good stuff!! Enjoy your vacation!

freqhopping

Thanks for the info jetcrafter. I didn't see anything listed in Airnav but figured it might be an alt app freq. Good to know that's the case and I didn't hear it incorrectly.

I got another week here. Today we had a family reunion and said goodbye to grandma who passed last summer just a few weeks after my immediately family was here. We've been making the trip annually for several years because we knew the time was coming.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info jetcrafter. I didn't see anything listed in Airnav but figured it might be an alt app freq. Good to know that's the case and I didn't hear it incorrectly.

I got another week here. Today we had a family reunion and said goodbye to grandma who passed last summer just a few weeks after my immediately family was here. We've been making the trip annually for several years because we knew the time was coming.
Your welcome. Glad you are around family and you had a proper celebration of Grandma with them. If you need any freqs or have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll help as best I can.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Buff showing coming West after refueling with ADLAY-52 KC-135.
Heard unknown-11 coms on ZNY Elmira 298.900.
Tracked all the way from the Med coming South thru Greece.
View attachment 166509
USAF Mag confirms it was VEXED-11 callsign flying solo as some of you folks heard.
Also link to audio of VEXED-11 on HF radio.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Is ally57 from east somewhere. I have ally57, t38 depart gyy indiana and now heading chicagoland.
thanks

73 john
Shows as from 80th FTW Sheppard AFB Texas. In front of him is also TORO-51 another T-38.
Both prob have EN short for ENJJPT as tail letters as that is where some Euro pilots get their training.