Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Pa ANG 193SOS took their new MC-130J #21-5973 down to Albuquerque today for New Year run and now returning.
Seems Kirtland AFB 415 SOS got their own new MC-130J also early last year...

Anyone else notice that many overseas C-5M flights in last Month or so seem to have gone to 4 digit flight numbers?
Seems same deal Pacific or Atlantic crossings.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Pa ANG 193SOS took their new MC-130J #21-5973 down to Albuquerque today for New Year run and now returning.
Seems Kirtland AFB 415 SOS got their own new MC-130J also early last year...

Anyone else notice that many overseas C-5M flights in last Month or so seem to have gone to 4 digit flight numbers?
Seems same deal Pacific or Atlantic crossings.
Seems to have started late November - early December (just randomly checking various tail numbers)....but not all missions changed over to four digits at the same time. Some flights to Europe and Asia still had three digits into December.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
20:05 EST Not military but could this be a migrant flight from El Paso to Philadelphia or is it just a college football team returning from a game.

Eastern has been operating these flights recently (see Chicago arrivals a few days ago).

Mark

Premium Subscriber
20:05 EST Not military but could this be a migrant flight from El Paso to Philadelphia or is it just a college football team returning from a game.

Eastern has been operating these flights recently (see Chicago arrivals a few days ago).
Funny coincidence tonight as on news tonight about flying immigrants around the US they showed a nose of an Eastern airline charter.
Seems they got some charter work..

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Funny coincidence tonight as on news tonight about flying immigrants around the US they showed a nose of an Eastern airline charter.
Yeah really - will be interesting to see what happens....the airline seems to have difficulty getting flights to operate so its amazing they are selected.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Most likely not enough receivers to calculate position for mlat
Lead plane 09-0015 now showing off NC coast.
1704245335322.png

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber

Mark

Premium Subscriber
and now AF1 as well

Terry earlier was trying to catch maybe AF-1 on ZNY HF as 5520 and 5550 were busy down that way.
When aircraft pass near Bermuda they send them to ZNY Miami 135.200 but seems obvious by some aircraft routes I was hearing
ZNY has remote VHF station at Bermuda of 135.200 even though they call it ZNY Miami?

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Terry earlier was trying to catch maybe AF-1 on ZNY HF as 5520 and 5550 were busy down that way.
When aircraft pass near Bermuda they send them to ZNY Miami 135.200 but seems obvious by some aircraft routes I was hearing
ZNY has remote VHF station at Bermuda of 135.200 even though they call it ZNY Miami?
Yeah was monitoring San Juan Center and they usually switch flights to Miami on 126.450 or the 135.200 frequency. More than likely AF1 and support aircraft went from San Juan Center directly to HF. Yeah I was monitoring 4 different HF frequencies on LiveATC and also using two of my ICOMS here. Never heard them. However if the are connected to datalink with New York Center they do not need to do voice position calls....so may have been why they were not heard. If we had the old website that had the satellite traffic we may have seen the data.

I think you are referencing to this remote site on Bermuda. They will contact New York Center on this frequency approaching radar range near Bermuda and then are released back to HF radio frequency once they leave radar contact. You can hear flights transiting to / from Europe near Bermuda and also any flight heading to / from Bermuda on this link.

New York Center (BDA81 Bermuda Sector)128.500

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Yeah really - will be interesting to see what happens....the airline seems to have difficulty getting flights to operate so its amazing they are selected.
Well a Philadelphia Police Airport vehicle is sitting next to the Eastern aircraft on the ground. Since there was no football team in the Sun Bowl - it must be migrants from Texas. They shut the aircraft down so no longer tracking

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Well a Philadelphia Police Airport vehicle is sitting next to the Eastern aircraft on the ground. Since there was no football team in the Sun Bowl - it must be migrants from Texas. They shut the aircraft down so no longer tracking

News said since NYC put limit/penalties from stops on airport charter busses into NYC the Airlines have been dropping off in NJ and now
maybe Philly for train rides into NYC.. There is always a way .. I don't think NYC can legally stop Amtrak or NJT trains :)

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
News said since NYC put limit/penalties from stops on airport charter busses into NYC the Airlines have been dropping off in NJ and now
maybe Philly for train rides into NYC.. There is always a way .. I don't think NYC can stop Amtrak trains :)
Yeah I am monitoring Phila Police and Fire channels but no activity yet. Would think there would be something happening

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
VP travel Wednesday, as previously posted...

At 10:25AM PST, the Vice President and Second Gentleman will depart Los Angeles, CA en route to Las Vegas, NV.
At 11:20AM PST, the Vice President and Second Gentleman will arrive at Harry Reid International Airport.
At 3:15PM PST, the Vice President and Second Gentleman will depart Las Vegas, NV en route to Washington, DC.
At 10:15PM EST, the Vice President and Second Gentleman will arrive at Joint Base Andrews.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber

Is 'migrants' the right word here? As in, If they're from Texas, they're Texans, if they are from Honduras/Guatemala/China then they're migrants from Honduras/Guatemala/China . Just quibbling . I could and probably am wrong .:)

I was thinking of them just using the train arrangements as soon as NYC announced it.

Gotta realize something like 7 million people commute to/from NYC daily, and if I remember correctly, in the past there was an issue of bus drivers told they would be charged with kidnapping if they wouldn't let a person off of the bus at an earlier point (Kind of like from Houston to NYC if the passenger wanted to get off at a routine stop in Camden NJ. and they weren't allowed to, that would be kidnapping. I wonder if they'll apply it to people at train stops.

I assume they would use Philly for a reason, vs Newark.

:)

Thanks
Joel

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Is 'migrants' the right word here? As in, If they're from Texas, they're Texans, if they are from Honduras/Guatemala/China then they're migrants from Honduras/Guatemala/China . Just quibbling . I could and probably am wrong .:)

I was thinking of them just using the train arrangements as soon as NYC announced it.

Gotta realize something like 7 million people commute to/from NYC daily, and if I remember correctly, in the past there was an issue of bus drivers told they would be charged with kidnapping if they wouldn't let a person off of the bus at an earlier point (Kind of like from Houston to NYC if the passenger wanted to get off at a routine stop in Camden NJ. and they weren't allowed to, that would be kidnapping. I wonder if they'll apply it to people at train stops.

I assume they would use Philly for a reason, vs Newark.

:)

Thanks
Joel
Yeah not really sure - the aircraft is still on the ground at KPHL. Of course looking better at the flight details - they did depart over 2 hours later than schedule and with the aircraft on the ground.....it could all be maintenance related....not the first time for these guys. Well Philadelphia just swore in there first black female mayor - so it could have been in coordination with that event - but who knows. Just thought it was odd for a Boeing 777 to fly from El Paso Texas to Philadelphia that late. Will monitor the aircraft and see when (if) it departs and where to from KPHL.