Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Interesting out of area trip planned for next week. National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan will travel to Beijing for meetings with PRC Foreign Minister, Communist Party Politburo Member, and Director of the Office of the Foreign Affairs Commission, Wang Yi, August 27th through 29th.
Seems Potus has another vacation coming up for a rest from the Cal vacation.
No vacation for the Shaw F-16's though.. :(

4/4717 NOTAM Details

Nice wx seems 4 A/C F-16's Devil-11 rtb VFR to A/C on Philly Apch 319.150>317.550.A/C apch 327.125 after Sea Isle run then
back up the coast..
Checking out the ballparks A/A 298.600

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber

Mark

Premium Subscriber
They were German Air Force W61 when they flew over the Netherlands earlier this day.

They are enroute to Edwards AFB and they were air-to air on <389.600>.
Both aircraft are from the German Air Force Test Wing WTD 61 at Manching airbase.
Recent vid clip from RAF F-35B pilot (XVII Test and Evaluation Squadron) interview doing some training at Edwards and now with VMX-1
at Luke AFB.. He talks about the 5k trip to Edwards flight of two and the short hop to Luke.
Was wondering why Edwards and Luke and pilot gets grin talking that we can fly supersonic :)
I guess the GAF test guys will do some of that too...
Wiki says VMX-1 moved their F-35B operations from Edwards to Luke in 2019.
Marines with VMX-1 conduct maintenance training with UK allies (Interviews)

Last edited:

freqhopping

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
See the comment on theaviationist site by Bill? He doesn't know what he's talking about.
So...

there were also two unrelated problems?. A hydraulic problem on an F-15E, and a Boom problem on the KC-46. I'm not seeing how they could have been related.

and yes, the one comment was just very ignorant.

Thanks
Joel

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
POTUS heads back from vacation, and he's ready for another vacation starting Sunday

Sunday, August 25, 2024

PDT

10:35 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Santa Ynez en route to the Santa Ynez Landing Zone
11:00 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Santa Ynez Landing Zone en route to Vandenberg Space Force Base
11:25 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Vandenberg Space Force Base en route to Dover Air Force Base

EDT

7:05 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive at Dover Air Force Base
7:35 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

freqhopping

Regarding the TEALS reported out west...There are two storms approaching the Hawaiian Islands, Tropical Storm Hone and Hurricane Wilma. I'm not monitoring the TEALS.

Notice Wx C-130J's TEAL-81 thru 84 are all inbound Travis AFB today. Expecting some wx out there?

A Hurricane Hunter navigator was a guest with Mover and Gonky this week.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
See the comment on theaviationist site by Bill? He doesn't know what he's talking about.
USAF Cal ANG 144th FW is sad current affair in California.. March AFB lost their F-16's and Fresno has a few beat up F-15-C's.
Imagine having to drag down thirsty F-15E's from Idaho to do CAP work.
US Navy/Marines still doing good out there though for now but they don't do Norad CAP work,
No wonder USAF was in no hurry to get Travis new KC-46 tankers.

Seems we have a RQ-4 in the UK today.. RAF Fairford is a U-2 base so makes sense.

Last edited:

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
Rich

If I remember correctly their freq was 233.7
The primary freq was 237.2; b/u was 232.700. Back in the 80's I was at a Willow Grove air show where the guys had an A37 Dragonfly on display. I asked the 2 guys standing there who Beeswax was (even though I knew). One pilot took his sunglasses off and asked if I was a Russian spy. I said no, just a radio hobbyist that liked to listen to their comms. He told me he never heard of that name and if he did it would be classified info. Later in the day, I was prepared to ask a few more questions of them and when they saw me coming they walked away into one of the buildings.

They also used 46.75/46.85/51.500. My ham radio friends and I were at our ham shack on a Sat aft monitoring and heard them come up on 51.5; my friend called them and asked for a radio check - crickets. We know they heard us as we were using a 3 element 6m beam at 100w pointed toward the Gap. Never heard them again on 51.500.

At a Reading air show in the mid 90's the Blues were performing there. I was walking around and climbed up into an atc truck with the booth elevated which was from the Gap. One of the guys saw my scanners and said you must know the freqs for the Blues; could you give them to us so we could listen in? I said sure, if you give me your freqs that you guys use at the Gap. He got a pad and pen and sat me down at one of the consoles and gave me several known freqs. I gave them the Blues freqs and they were happy as a lark. They told me to stop back at the end of the show. I did and they were really happy that they could hear the Blues and thanked me again for the freqs.