Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
From Milcom email.... credit as shown

Two flights of RAF tankers and Eurofighters departed March ARB in southern CA late this morning, heading east. Per ADS-B, the first flight is currently over central OK. The second flight is east of Albuquerque, NM. As they crossed northern AZ I heard the first flight a/a on 263.1. The second flight was using both 377.9 and 359.5 for a/a. <>< Mike Consalvo Monitoring from central AZ.

and

frank3si

E-6 Mercury ADUCT29 passed by at roughly 3:30 pm EST. Not as close as I'd like - he was headed straight for me until the last moment when he made a course correction over Downingtown PA that took him between Wilmington DE and Chester PA, so this is the best I could get. 25,000 feet altitude. Ironically, the only other time I've been able to photograph an E-6 was one year ago yesterday over NJ.

Edit_DSC2781.jpg

frank3si

E-6 Mercury ADUCT29 passed by at roughly 3:30 pm EST. Not as close as I'd like - he was headed straight for me until the last moment when he made a course correction over Downingtown PA that took him between Wilmington DE and Chester PA, so this is the best I could get. 25,000 feet altitude. Ironically, the only other time I've been able to photograph an E-6 was one year ago yesterday over NJ.

View attachment 156149

Actually looking closely at this image, I believe it's this aircraft:

E-6B 'Doomsday Plane' Looks Like It's Been Through Armageddon

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
DEED54 19-46062 departed EGUN about 4 hours ago heading to KGSB, it was support for B1 over the weekend. Would be great to catch a B1 stopping in KGSB if one is following them home.
DEED54 arrived back alone, unfortunately, but I did catch the 4th FW Commander flying today in his Spirit of Goldsboro F-15 88-1702DSC_0363.JPGDSC_0368.JPGDSC_0362.JPGDSC_0376.JPGDSC_0517.JPGDSC_0540.JPG

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
DAILY GUIDANCE FOR THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2024

At 10:15 am ET, the Vice President will depart Washington, DC en route to Savannah, GA.
At 11:50 am ET, the Vice President will arrive at Savannah Hilton Head International Airport. T

At 3:05 pm ET, the Vice President will depart Savannah, GA en route to Washington, DC.
At 4:30 pm ET, the Vice President will arrive at Joint Base Andrews.

KO4RJX

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Many times heard Dover,McGuire and Andrews C-17 heavies inbound talk about req permission for a combat offload.
Seems now Dover C-17's testing a new type of combat offloading.. Method C.
Wondered myself well what is a combat B offload?.. Seems they use barrels and forklifts to offload.Maybe more conducive to C-130 types with much less pallets.

Last edited:

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Many times heard Dover,McGuire and Andrews C-17 heavies inbound talk about req permission for a combat offload.
Seems now Dover C-17's testing a new type of combat offloading.. Method C.
Wondered myself well what is a combat B offload?.. Seems they use barrels and forklifts to offload.Maybe more conducive to C-130 types with much less pallets.
The description of method C in the reference is horrible, (not saying the technique is, just the description) unless I'm seriously misunderstanding (a real possibility).... They mention locking the pallet into the rail system, then pulling it out with a winch... wouldn't that rip the rails out?

I was expecting them to say they would put dunnage (4"x4"x8' wood) underneath the aircraft, then unlock the pallet. and let inertia deal with plopping it onto the dunnage. or even tying all of the pallets together (with a buffer between each), and getting them all down and out of the aircraft (in the length of the cargo area) onto the dunnage. (The dunnage would prevent pallet damage and make life easier for the forklifts). There isn't an unlimited supply of pallets.

Oh well, just spouting ideas...

Thanks
Joel

Dutchmil

Hah... I got it.... "Cube" short for Ice-cube because they are from Alaska.

It's a nice coincedence .... but that CUBE callsign is from a pool of static callsigns for Coronet missions .... ;)

Others are DIRCA, DORY, EMCEE, TABOR, TREND, FEUD, HURON, JEST, RETRO, ZESTY and probably a few more I have forgotten.
Some are dedicated to a specific mission, Coronet North, Coronet South etc. but they are interchangable.

Hope this helps !

dmi

Premium Subscriber
This morning..:

BRAVE flight TOI exercise:

ATC:

281.400 - ZDC Patuxent River, MD (Calvert sector)
305.200 - BAY WATCH

A-A:

122.750 - BRAVE mentions this frequency on 305.200 (Baywatch) - Flight Following A-A
139.700 - BRAVE flt w/ HUNTRESS
260.900 - HUNTRESS
340.250 - BRAVE A-A