Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

610hawk

Finally, a tanker not afraid to show themself

View attachment 156454
Haha I wouldn’t be so sure just yet. I’ve noticed that those KC-46s always tend to go dark once they’re over centeal NJ for some reason. Most of the time the KC-135s will be visible on ADSB from takeoff until landing. Could never figure out why some stay visible and others don’t. Makes them much harder to spot when they’re not on ADSB.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Today, at approximately 2:20 pm, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III was transported by his security detail to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Secretary Austin traveled to the hospital with the unclassified and classified communications systems necessary to perform his duties.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III was transported by his security detail to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center to be seen for symptoms suggesting an emergent bladder issue. He is still at the hospital and receiving treatment. At approximately 4:55 pm today, Secretary Austin transferred the functions and duties of the office of the Secretary of Defense to Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
WEEK AHEAD GUIDANCE

Monday, February 12, 2024
The President and the First Lady will welcome His Majesty King Abdullah II and Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan to the White House.

Friday, February 16, 2024

The President will travel to East Palestine, Ohio.

The President will depart East Palestine, Ohio en route to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

WEEK AHEAD GUIDANCE FOR THE VICE PRESIDENT FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 12 – FEBRUARY 17, 2024

On Wednesday, February 14, the Vice President will depart Washington, DC en route to Munich, Germany
On Saturday, February 17, the Vice President will depart Munich, Germany en route to Washington, DC.

Last edited:

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Interesting. I assumed it was the E2's talking to each other on there, but I'm doubting myself. Their callsigns were 60 and 61 and the only prop driven planes on ADSB was KING 61 (and I again, assumed his playmate 60).

But anyway I'm off topic for ya'lls east coast thread. I'll show myself out. Thank you.

165817 E-2C II flew from/to NAS Norfolk via Wallops Island as King 61 on Saturday 02/10/24. I looked at the flight history and it came across the US from NAS Point Mugu, CA as Kin g 63, where the VAW-116 Sun Kings are stationed. Seems 3 of them may be TDY to Norfolk for some training.

Last edited:

mdmonitor

OT, but thought some of you might be interested. Posted on another list

Top DNG Builds a $600 Digital Radio Scanner on the Cheap — with a Raspberry
Pi 5 and RTL-SDR

Designed as a more affordable alternative to a Uniden P25, this digital
radio scanner picks up emergency traffic and more.

Top DNG Builds a $600 Digital Radio Scanner on the Cheap — with a Raspberry Pi 5 and RTL-SDR

PI 5 AND SDR TEAM UP FOR A DIGITAL SCANNER YOU CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD

Pi 5 And SDR Team Up For A Digital Scanner You Can Actually Afford

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
Yeah the NTSB report will be an interesting read.
Read in the comments on that YT link. Some in the know suspect it could have been pilot error because of the placement of the flaps lever and fuel cutoff switches. It was also stated there's no auto relight capability of the Challenger so they would need airspeed and altitude to have time to do a manual reignition if that was the case. I was amazed to see video of the two passengers and flight attendant able to run away from the crash.