Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Unusual B-747-300M now in the USA...

Yeah I have been following the aircraft on another web site......Either the USA does not want it outside of their protective watch (aka bring it inside the borders) or they have other plans for it.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I have been following the aircraft on another web site......Either the USA does not want it outside of their protective watch (aka bring it inside the borders) or they have other plans for it.
Would look good in Atlas Air colors but hunch tells me since a controversial tail they
will fly it to Victorville perhaps to eventually end up in storage or later as spare parts...
The Justice Dept says plane will be disposed of.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Would look good in Atlas Air colors but hunch tells me since a controversial tail they
will fly it to Victorville perhaps to eventually end up in storage or later as spare parts...
The Justice Dept says plane will be disposed of.
Yeah maybe they just want to make sure it was disposed of not re-flown again......not too many of that configuration flying so probably just scrap it out completely. Atlas would only want 747-400 series or 747-8 - this aircraft is not worth their time or effort.

Just reading more about it - it landed at KTNT in Florida and is being heavily guarded by Federal and Military personnel.
Maybe there is still some interesting cargo on board.....hmmm

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
A number of FAA Safety Team Notices have been issued for this week...

Notice Number: NOTC3431
VIP Movement Notification - Rehoboth Beach, DE
February 16-19, 2024
Rehoboth Beach, DE
10/30 NMR - 17,999' MSL

Notice Number: NOTC3428
VIP Movement Notification - East Palestine, OH
February 16, 2024
East Palestine, OH
10/30 NMR - 17,999' MSL

Notice Number: NOTC3427
VIP Movement Notification - Pittsburgh, PA
February 16, 2024
Pittsburgh, PA
10/30 NMR - 17,999' MSL

Also for future event, FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION FLIGHT ADVISORY, National Special Security Event, 2024 State of the Union Address on March 7, 2024 (see attached PDF).

Attachments

• 2024_SOTUA_FAA_Flight_Advisory.pdf
    197 KB · Views: 4

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Could someone explain what device the 2 airmen are holding that looks like a hand-actuaed light? Something for guidance?

It is basically an IR type light to line up flight pattern so they are in the right spot, rather than too far right or left putting them in the fireworks. Same as landing lights on a runway.