Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
I was on the garage with them that day. A NJ cop showed up maybe an hour before the morning sortie but he seemed chill once he saw that we were just photographers then he left shortly after.
Okay good to know.....I can understand their concern for photographers and people interested in activity at a partial USAF base. Plus with the FAA Tech Center there - I am sure security is always a bit more aware of things.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mako possible air / air on 284.100

Pretty sure it is them on 323.300 with NY Center ----> 270.300 with NY Center

They sound better on the air/air versus center UHF !!

Confirmed !!
Doubly confirmed here! 284.100.. Was good time Terry for you to find them as they were jumping around
with various Ctrs too. Push ZNY 322.400>ZNY 306.200. I was gonna try the Army low band looking for A/A LOL.
Hard sometimes to find A/A's on planes heading out of area in 15 minutes.Much easier in the CAP when they are there all day :)

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Doubly confirmed here! 284.100.. Was good time Terry for you to find them as they were jumping around
with various Ctrs too. Push ZNY 322.400
I actually got a hit on the satcom radio (it monitors from 240-300 for the satcom traffic) and it stopped briefly on 284.100 so locked in on the ICOM and then went to work from there. Funny how well the satcom antenna in the attic picks up (although it is facing southwest)

1704399785774.png

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
with various Ctrs too. Push ZNY 322.400>ZNY 306.200. I was gonna try the Army low band looking for A/A LOL.
Hard sometimes to find A/A's on planes heading out of area in 15 minutes.Much easier in the CAP when they are there all day :)
Yeah I need to get the SDR doing the fast search again....had to disassemble everything when having flooring installed in my office....still putting things back together (2 years later o_O). Used to scan 225-400 nice and fast.

tazz

A-10's with the 303rd Fighter Squadron flying over Southern Ohio heading east into Andrews.

Aircraft air to air is on 225.625 MHz. Working ATC with Indy Center ARTCC Sector 77 University on 353.525 MHz.

Aircraft are using the call sign of "KAYCEE 01"

Last edited:

Waltz41

Waltz - are you photographing from the roof of the parking garage ? If so - any issues with security ? We used to park along the road that parallels the F16 area but now they have signs for no parking the whole length. Been looking for a alternate spot without going on airport property.

Thanks

Terry
Terry, as mentioned, yes those are from the top of the garage. 2 NJ state troopers came up, told us that Operations radioed them we were up there. They just asked what we were up to....the main guy was super nice and fine, the other guy just stood there with a mean look on his face and arms folded the whole time!