NC Roll Call

N4ZTK

Ref: NC Roll Call

~Alan N4ZTK
~Conover
~Icom IC-706, Icom IC-V8000, Icom IC-V8, Retevis RT82, and Uniden BCD325P2 to name a few
~Catawba County Law, Fire, Rescue, SHP Troop F Districts 1&5, Blue Ridge Parkway Mt Mitchell tower, numerous local 2 meter Ham repeaters mainly 145.350 in Dallas, NC. Also Town of Long View Public Works (my employer)

KW4HKY

~Alan N4ZTK
~Conover
~Icom IC-706, Icom IC-V8000, Icom IC-V8, Retevis RT82, and Uniden BCD325P2 to name a few
~Catawba County Law, Fire, Rescue, SHP Troop F Districts 1&5, Blue Ridge Parkway Mt Mitchell tower, numerous local 2 meter Ham repeaters mainly 145.350 in Dallas, NC. Also Town of Long View Public Works (my employer)
73 Alan. Just now saw this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mattw19781

AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR KN4VLT
nc roll call

matthew
waynesville (northwestern n.c.)
i listen to :
waynesville police
haywood county sheriff
canton/clyde police
all haywood county fire depts.
haywood county ems
buncombe county fire
buncombe county sheriff
walmart

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
matthew
waynesville (northwestern n.c.)
i listen to :
waynesville police
haywood county sheriff
canton/clyde police
all haywood county fire depts.
haywood county ems
buncombe county fire
buncombe county sheriff
walmart
Hello neighbor, from Kings Mountain NC.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Franklin, nc

Mike here in Franklin, NC (Macon County). I'm only 8 miles north of the Georgia border (Rabun County) and in my home listening post, I used the following: BCD996P2 x 2 (Primary), BCD325P2, BCD996XT, BC895XLT, BC796D, BC780XLT, MR8100, BCD396T, BCD396XT.

In my mobile post (Jeep Wrangler JK), I use: Kenwood TK-7180, Kenwood TK-8180, BCD996P2.

In addition, I also use for monitoring only: Motorola XTS2500 VHF, XTS2500 UHF, XTS2500 800, XTS5000 VHF, XTS5000 UHF, XTS5000 800, CS701, Kenwood NX-300, Kenwood TK-2180, Kenwood TK-3180

In spite of living at 2,600' and being surrounded by 4,000'-6,000' mountains, I can monitor Macon and Jackson Counties and a good bit of surrounding western NC counties. I also live 1/2-mile from a VIPER site and can receive all 4 of the Macon County VIPER sites. I also monitor many of the NE Georgia counties.

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC
WQIT636 (GMRS)

mattw19781

AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR KN4VLT
Mike welcome from Matthew in Waynesville (Haywood county)
In my home listening post I use a bct15x,355n and 355c
In the car I use a bct15x
And portable I use a bc72xlt and a bc125at

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

AMesser2340

Premium Subscriber
Andrew from Haywood County, NC. I like in the Jonathan Creek area. I don’t have a ham radio callsign. As for scanners I routinely use: BCD536HP (x2), BCD436HP(x2), BCD996XT, BCD396XT, BC780XLT, and I have two SDR’s that I can’t figure out for the life of me. I work in emergency services and carry and use several different UHF, VHF and 700/800 MHz radios for the duties of my job, but none just for fun. I’m mainly interested in monitoring VIPER and other trunked systems. I do monitor some conventional as well. Hope I can be a benefit to y’all and gain some knowledge here too.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Andrew from Haywood County, NC. I like in the Jonathan Creek area. I don’t have a ham radio callsign. As for scanners I routinely use: BCD536HP (x2), BCD436HP(x2), BCD996XT, BCD396XT, BC780XLT, and I have two SDR’s that I can’t figure out for the life of me. I work in emergency services and carry and use several different UHF, VHF and 700/800 MHz radios for the duties of my job, but none just for fun. I’m mainly interested in monitoring VIPER and other trunked systems. I do monitor some conventional as well. Hope I can be a benefit to y’all and gain some knowledge here too.

Welcome Andrew! Good to have you join us!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Mtnfyre

Andrew from Haywood County, NC. I like in the Jonathan Creek area. I don’t have a ham radio callsign. As for scanners I routinely use: BCD536HP (x2), BCD436HP(x2), BCD996XT, BCD396XT, BC780XLT, and I have two SDR’s that I can’t figure out for the life of me. I work in emergency services and carry and use several different UHF, VHF and 700/800 MHz radios for the duties of my job, but none just for fun. I’m mainly interested in monitoring VIPER and other trunked systems. I do monitor some conventional as well. Hope I can be a benefit to y’all and gain some knowledge here too.[/QUOTE

about time fm1 joined the show

Wil6

Chuck kn4krl
Baofeng uv 5 r portable ham radio
Mostly tri county 441.800
Vagabonds 147.315
Wilkesboro 146.820

WeBeCinYa

In Tryon located in Polk county. Listen to Polk county sheriff with volume on max, typically can’t hear them as the transmissions are so soft. EMS and Fire come in nicely, picking up Tryon PD and FD now with radio upgrade.

KM4WLV

Hello everyone!! It's been quite a while since I posted in here and said hello to all our new folks.

Name: Daniel - KM4WLV

Radios:
1) Motorola XTS2500 Model 3 7/800 MHz - My day to day radio used on the Rowan-Salisbury P25 system, VIPER P25, & UASI - Charlotte Regional System. (Personal owned radio on indefinite loan to my department)
2) Motorola XTS5000 Model 2 7/800 MHz - Also a personal owned radio used for Rowan-Salisbury P25 system used as a backup or on large incidents.
3) Motorola XTS5000 Model 3 7/800 MHz - Department owned radio issued to me. Has access to the Rowan-Salisbury, VIPER, & UASI P25 systems also.
4) Motorola XTS5000 Model 3 VHF - Public safety and amateur radio
5) Unication G5 VHF/7-800 - Used day to day for paging. Also used on vacation to listen to nearby systems.
6) Unication G1 VHF - Used as a backup pager. ** During the Spring & Summer as well as Hurricane Season it's primary use is as a weather alert radio set to Selective Call with the NWS 1050Hz Long Tone that is used for activations.

What I listen to day to day:
1) Rowan-Salisbury P25 System
2) VIPER
3) UASI (Mainly Cabarrus & Stanly Counties)
4) N4UH 2M Amateur Radio Repeater (China Grove)
5) K4CEB 2M Amateur Radio Repeater (Concord)

Great to see new people joining us!!!

- Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro powered by AT&T LTE -

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Figured it would be worth checking back in as I have been inactive in the scanning world for too long in my opinion! I've been mainly focusing on amateur radio lately but was watching Live PD on A&E last night and figured I should dig the scanner out and see what has been going on around here :)

~Your Name (& ham callsign if you have one): Mason, KM4SII (Don't know if I have ever mentioned it but I've been on here since I was 11... I just don't think I ever said how old I was :) )
~Location: Forsyth County
~Radios in your shack: Using the 436HP now-a-days
~What do you monitor on a daily basis: Anything and everything

It's good to be back!

jwsnyder1969

Greetings! I am Will Snyder/KB4LFD.
I reside in Kernersville, NC (Grid sq.: EM96wc)
My main amateur radio rig (although I have not used it in awhile) in the shack is the venerable Kenwood TS-520. Antenna is a G5RV variant. In my vehicle, I use an ICOM IC-706MKIIG. The mobile HF antenna is a 9' whip that is tuned with an SGC autocoupler (their long discontinued QMS system). VHF/UHF antenna is a 1/4-wave dual 144/440 mag-mount vertical. I also procured earlier this year a Baofeng BF-F8HP to add a way for me to try to work the FM cubesats like AO-92.
I have regularly monitored the Town of Kernersville Motorola and now APCO P25 trunked radio systems using the following setup: Unitrunker running on a Windows-based computer system with two RTL2832U R820T USB SDR dongles, one as "signal" and one as "voice." I pipe the output of the "voice" dongle over a virtual audio cable to dsdplus to decode the P25 digital audio. I pipe the output of DSDPlus over another virtual audio cable to VLC to stream to any device in my household or even to my cell phone while I'm out and about. However, the set up is EXTREMELY temperamental, and it is extremely common for me to have to restart it. I recently added the WS/FC trunked radio system to the output

73 DE KB4LFD

KD0PEZ

I see this thread is still going almost 10 years later.

Name: Dave
Call: see my username
Radios: I won't mention since there's probably thieves here reading this hoping to get a 4 finger/1 thumb discount.
What do you monitor on a daily basis: CB channel 19, 145.210 repeater, 147.270 repeater

Medic444

Premium Subscriber
Lexington here. Paramedic with Davidson County Rescue. Trying to learn all about this Viper and trunked stuff. I still have my first scanner that used “crystals” bought at the local Radio Shack!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Lexington here. Paramedic with Davidson County Rescue. Trying to learn all about this Viper and trunked stuff. I still have my first scanner that used “crystals” bought at the local Radio Shack!

Welcome to RR!
Marshall KE4ZNR