Nebraska (Statewide) Wireless Interoperable Network "N-WIN"

wbswetnam

If you can confirm these frequencies as active on the site, please click the submit button at the top of the page.
I used to live in northeast Nebraska decades ago, so I monitor this thread. However now I live in Arkansas so I'm a loooooong way from that site.

cm205

What's the relationship between ORION and NSRS? I noticed the system IDs and WACN are the same, at least on the NSRS Site 70 - which is also now showing Phase II in Pro96Com.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Talk group 30680 believe this is national guard heard either an aircraft or helicopter saying they were airborne. I did not catch any callsigns or locations. Has anyone else heard this talk group?

autovon

Ø
Army Natl Guard Air Ops at Lincoln. Put 255.8, 138.75 AM, and 30.1 FM in the bank as well.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Army Natl Guard Air Ops at Lincoln. Put 255.8, 138.75 AM, and 30.1 FM in the bank as well.
Thanks. I'll submit it to the database. I have those in my scanner somewhere believe it's in the same favorite list as the SRS. I was using my 536 when I heard that talk group.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Talk group 60453. It's NDOT Dist 3 but don't know the exact use for it. They were talking about using pilot cars and flaggers I heard one of them say he was east Norfolk but don't know if that's where the construction site was.

autovon

Ø
It sounds like the Guard is set up for the state system, probably accelerated by the floods last year. I seem to recall a roll call of the various guard facilities around the state on one of the 306xx TGs in the not too distant past.

cm205

I’ve been trying to figure out the NDOT District 2 talkgroups and Omaha area shop assignments. Anyone have any insights?

60426 was very active yesterday with traffic control with the truck rollover on I-80/680, and I caught it active overnight with what appeared to be some sort of nighttime roadwork on I-80. It’s listed in the DB as snowplows, but maybe it’s more of an event channel?

Also have heard regular but sporadic transmissions on 60427, sounding like roadside spraying taking place along NDOT right of ways near downtown Omaha.

I can’t find a map of Omaha-area yards, but it seems like there may be several, or one or two that share a pool of channels. Curious if anyone knows more.

autovon

Ø
It's seemed to me that the Omaha area DOT groups are shared, but that's speculation.
For 60427, my notes have things like "by Ponca Hills, plow the high bridge on 680, 108th, gretna plows, i80 &370"

cm205

Found two NDOT yards so far in Omaha using Google Maps - one off 680 near Florence and another off the Troop A barracks at 108 and I. I suspect 60426 is tied to the latter.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Site NAC for Superior site?
Today with some tropo and after IDing another N-WIN site with a listed site NAC I heard "near milepost 322" on 154.4 with a NAC of 14B. This could well be on I-80 from the Superior site but there is no site NAC listed. Does anyone have the Superior site NAC recorded? Thanks
w

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Site NAC for Superior site?
Today with some tropo and after IDing another N-WIN site with a listed site NAC I heard "near milepost 322" on 154.4 with a NAC of 14B. This could well be on I-80 from the Superior site but there is no site NAC listed. Does anyone have the Superior site NAC recorded? Thanks
w

Unfortunately we don't have a lot of the site NACs listed in the DB for this system, and this includes the Superior site. The other site that uses 154.400 is Sidney and the DB DOES have the site NAC of 146 listed. You likely heard the Superior site, or possibly an undocumented frequency (like Seward County who is licensed on that frequency for P25 FCC Callsign WQXQ786 (SEWARD, COUNTY OF)).

If everyone wants to document the site NACs for sites they can receive and submit the ones that are not in the DB, I will get them updated.

Dave_E

Just heard an announcement on Troop HQ dispatch that they will be down today from 0500 to 0600 for radio upgrade and that dispatching with be taken over by Troop's A and B (I think, perhaps D).

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
NSP Lincoln is now dispatching for Troop A, B, C, and H fulltime. They shut down the dispatch center in Omaha

cm205

New Troop headquarters in Lincoln. This will include a new dispatch center that will replace both Lincoln’s and Omaha’s

Omaha had replaced the Norfolk dispatch center several years ago, and I heard Troop C in Grand Island calling Lincoln earlier this summer. Wonder if Lincoln will be dispatching for the entire state.