Nebraska (Statewide) Wireless Interoperable Network "N-WIN"

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Omaha had replaced the Norfolk dispatch center several years ago, and I heard Troop C in Grand Island calling Lincoln earlier this summer. Wonder if Lincoln will be dispatching for the entire state.
Norfolk's dispatch (Troop B) was shut down in May or June of 2014. Lincoln dispatched for Troop B until 2015 or 2016 that's when Omaha took over. When Omaha took over Troop B Lincoln started dispatching for Troop C and they shut down Grand Island dispatch. North Platte (Troop D) started dispatching for Troop E around the same time.
As of now it seems like Omaha does dispatch only between 1500-2300 I have seen their radio IDs being used during that time. Any other time it's Lincoln. When the switch is completed only Lincoln and North Platte will have dispatch center.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Troop C now dispatched out of North Platte? Sure have been hearing a lot of troopers calling to north platte instead of Lincoln
Recently I've heard both Lincoln and North Platte dispatching for Troop C. So safe bet they are transitioning to Lincoln dispatches troop A, B, and HQ; North Platte dispatches for Troops C,D, and E. Split the state in half between the two dispatch centers.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Stanton county is in the process of switching to the SRS or what they call "the new system". Heard one of their deputies do a traffic stop off the Norfolk tower last night but was not able to catch the talk group, assuming its 95300.
Also heard Antelope using B Roc Call for a deputy doing a transport to Bryan West in Lincoln. A week ago Pierce county was doing radio testing and limit normal radio traffic on B ROC 1.

Stanton county is in the process of switching to the SRS or what they call "the new system". Heard one of their deputies do a traffic stop off the Norfolk tower last night but was not able to catch the talk group, assuming its 95300.
Also heard Antelope using B Roc Call for a deputy doing a transport to Bryan West in Lincoln. A week ago Pierce county was doing radio testing and limit normal radio traffic on B ROC 1.

Stanton County TG is 55300, heard them this morning. I haven't heard anything from Pierce County as of now.

cm205

Recently heard of some APX NEXT radio testing for NSRS interoperability with an LTE-based SmartConnect radio connection also linked to FirstNet. Sounds like the tested radios can use either a cellular LTE connection or the LMR tower signal, expanding roam range.

nd5y

So what is this tower going too be? I live in Hastings (Adams Co.) been monitoring this site or tower& it is dead.
Strange. There is no license for 155.4075 in that county. There are no State of Nebraska trunked licenses in that county. It looks like it's a temporary SOW.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
What type of radio traffic or talk groups did you log? Also when did you first notice it on the air? nd5y is probably right that it’s the SOW. I always thought that site 85 would be the SOW.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The submission for site 85 came in the last couple of weeks. The listener monitored the site online, and could not pinpoint the location. The user assumed it was coming from Adams county.

Considering the site is offline now, and the control channel frequency is only licensed as FB2T, then this might be a Site on Wheels (SOW).