New DSD+ Fastlane v2.242 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRL-XM43

You can continue to use SDR#, but you might not be doing yourself any favors.

What he said.

I call it putting a vw engine in a Ferrari..... why would a person do that he wonders to himself? You don't want kludge VB cables and 3rd party s/w delivering sub-optimal performance.

DSD+/FMPx is a software suite optimized for delivering proper decoding and trunk following of digital audio systems using tcp connections..

2020Alerts

What he said.

I call it putting a vw engine in a Ferrari..... why would a person do that he wonders to himself? You don't want kludge VB cables and 3rd party s/w delivering sub-optimal performance.

DSD+/FMPx is a software suite optimized for delivering proper decoding and trunk following of digital audio systems using tcp connections..

Oh gawd, I've been in a constant state of learning and troubleshooting for a couple of months now. Now I have to figure out what you're talking about. Have a link cause this is all I found?
DSDPlusUI - The best and only GUI for DSD+ - dsdplusui.com

cg

Premium Subscriber
Have you populated FMPA.CFG with the Airspy serial number?
If you read the message on the window behind the popup, that is what it says is missing.
Get your Airspy serial number (it shows up in SDR#)
Open FMPA.CFG with notepad
Put the serial number into the proper location
save
try again

2020Alerts

Have you populated FMPA.CFG with the Airspy serial number?
If you read the message on the window behind the popup, that is what it says is missing.
Get your Airspy serial number (it shows up in SDR#)
Open FMPA.CFG with notepad
Put the serial number into the proper location
save
try again

I did that early on last night but I never figured out how to isolate a frequency. Seems I have to edit another file somewhere or move the slider by grabbing and moving the screen. I can't seem to figure out how to link dsdplus to the fmpa through vac or tcp. The tcp linking is still a mystery.

Attachments

• Desktop 3-27-2020 1-58-29 AM-392.png
    Desktop 3-27-2020 1-58-29 AM-392.png
    303.4 KB · Views: 28

slicerwizard

You're supposed to run the FMPA-CC.bat file to start FMPA. Also run the 1R.bat file to start DSD+.

You tune FMPA by:

- typing a frequency (in MHz) into the spectrum window and pressing Enter

- left-clicking in the spectrum display

- pressing the left/right cursor keys

ArloG

Questions.
Does DSD+/FL do the audio decoding standalone? For Win 10 what are the must-have files to do audio decoding?
Any reason to peek at the data lines that scroll? What info would they contain?
In the FMxx freq. window I'm assuming that the left gray band is the tuned freq. because that's where my bat files freq. -fxxx.xxxx lands.
What is the wide gray band in the center?

Finally have my RSP2 hooked up. Playing around with NXDN96 and DMR transmissions right now. Not many voice lines scrolling by though.
Not finding many strong P25 frequencies though.

This look okay?
start DSDPlus -r1 -fa -e -T -E -Pwav -i20001 >>1R-log.txt
start FMPP -rc -i1 -b12.5 -o20001 -A2 -L1 -M30 -T1 -f152.9910

Spec_1.jpg

TheButcher

Little grey band is in fact where FMPP is tuned to. The white spectrum horizontal line display displays 2.4MHz of bandwidth. You can see what is going on 2.4MHz.

The wide grey bar is actual 12.5KHz of spectrum. The green horizontal spectrum display shows about 150KHz of spectrum (give or take).

The peak on the white spectrum line is interference coming from the receiver hardware dongle (99% sure of)...

"Not finding many strong P25 frequencies though."

May be to do with your aerial set up? Height, gain, coax etc. You might be miles away from anything?

As far as the batch files go, change "-b12.5" to "-b-12.5 " (note the '-'). This forces 12.5KHz and also disables automatic bandwidth detection (locks b/w to whatever you selected in the .bat file).

DRL-XM43

Can you include the DSD+ panels in the screen grab. Can you tune to an active frequency in FMPP and include that.

Something like

lazy.PNG

Does DSD+/FL do the audio decoding standalone? DSD+ Fed by FMPx is standalone (assumes you have the full set of files provided)

ArloG

Little grey band is in fact where FMPP is tuned to. The white spectrum horizontal line display displays 2.4MHz of bandwidth. You can see what is going on 2.4MHz.

The wide grey bar is actual 12.5KHz of spectrum. The green horizontal spectrum display shows about 150KHz of spectrum (give or take).

The peak on the white spectrum line is interference coming from the receiver hardware dongle (99% sure of)...

"Not finding many strong P25 frequencies though."

May be to do with your aerial set up? Height, gain, coax etc. You might be miles away from anything?

As far as the batch files go, change "-b12.5" to "-b-12.5 " (note the '-'). This forces 12.5KHz and also disables automatic bandwidth detection (locks b/w to whatever you selected in the .bat file).
Cool Here the error I got when I tried you edit.
I parsed the RSP specific text from the -h file.
"-b<kHz> Initial filter bandwidth (4, 7.6, 9.5, 12.5, 22) [-b7]"

Familiar with the spike. It shows up in my other sdr apps too.

By the way. Just got a nanoVNA today and stuff to make a directional yagi to see if I can snag P25 channels.
NXDN and DMR xmitters blow signal in though.

ArloG

That's an invalid FMPP command line option and now the guy's getting an error. It's not needed anyway.
Invalid but still in fppp.exe -h ?
It's also in the notes.txt file.
And IF I don't select an option I believe when launching the .bat file the bandwidth was.....yup just cheked it.......7.6 KHz.
Is 12.5 not our intended bandwidth? I missed something.
Where's a place to grab all of the most recent valid command line switches?
........jesus!

slicerwizard

Invalid but still in fppp.exe -h ?
FMPP -h does not list -b- as a command line option.

C:\DSDPlus>fmpp -h
FMPP 1.11

Usage:
FMPP [options] Normal operation
FMPP -h Show help

Options:
-i<num> SDRPlay device number (1-255) [-i1]
-o<num> Output audio device (1-255) [-o1]
-o<port> Output audio TCP port (256-65535)
-A<num> RSP2 antenna select (1-2) [-A1]
-N<num> Enable/disable RSP2 notch filters (0-1) [-N0]
-L<num> LNA gain (0-8) [-L8]
-M<num> IF gain (0-59) [-M30]
-T<num> Enable/disable RSP2 bias tee (0-1) [-T0]
-f<MHz> Initial tuned frequency [-f99.9]
-b<kHz> Initial filter bandwidth (4, 7.6, 9.5, 12.5, 22) [-b7]
-u<num> Enable/disable unlicensed spectrum display (0-1) [-u0]
-z<num> Show zoomed spectrum (0-1) [-z1]
-n<num> Select noise filter (0-2) [-n0]
-v<num> Set volume level (0-500) [-v100]
-s<num> Enable/disable scanner mode (0-1) [-s0]
-wsl<v>.<h> Spectrum window location [-wsl50.50]
-_<num> Minimize windows at startup; bitmapped
-rc Role is trunk control/rest channel monitor
-rv Role is trunk voice channel monitor

It's also in the notes.txt file.
-b- appears in the Notes.txt file exactly three times; none of them are related to FMPP.

FMP24 2.40

Some changes made to error handling

Some changes made to -b- (bandwidth lock) handling

FMP24 2.19

Some scanner mode bugs have been fixed

-b-<bw> bandwidth locking command line option added

Example: -b-12.5

When this option is used, FMP24 ignores bandwidth hints from DSD+;
use this option to manually control bandwidth in -rc and -rv modes

And IF I don't select an option I believe when launching the .bat file the bandwidth was.....yup just cheked it.......7.6 KHz.
Is 12.5 not our intended bandwidth? I missed something.
If you're dealing with P25, 9.5 or 12.5 kHz will work well. -b9.5 or -b12.5 on the command line will get it done. DSD+ will also auto-select those bandwidths anyway once it starts tuning to voice calls, so not specifying channel bandwidth on the command isn't really that much of an issue.

Where's a place to grab all of the most recent valid command line switches?
........jesus!
FMPP -h works for me...

ArloG

FMPP -h does not list -b- as a command line option.

C:\DSDPlus>fmpp -h
FMPP 1.11

Usage:
FMPP [options] Normal operation
FMPP -h Show help

Options:
-i<num> SDRPlay device number (1-255) [-i1]
-o<num> Output audio device (1-255) [-o1]
-o<port> Output audio TCP port (256-65535)
-A<num> RSP2 antenna select (1-2) [-A1]
-N<num> Enable/disable RSP2 notch filters (0-1) [-N0]
-L<num> LNA gain (0-8) [-L8]
-M<num> IF gain (0-59) [-M30]
-T<num> Enable/disable RSP2 bias tee (0-1) [-T0]
-f<MHz> Initial tuned frequency [-f99.9]
-b<kHz> Initial filter bandwidth (4, 7.6, 9.5, 12.5, 22) [-b7]
-u<num> Enable/disable unlicensed spectrum display (0-1) [-u0]
-z<num> Show zoomed spectrum (0-1) [-z1]
-n<num> Select noise filter (0-2) [-n0]
-v<num> Set volume level (0-500) [-v100]
-s<num> Enable/disable scanner mode (0-1) [-s0]
-wsl<v>.<h> Spectrum window location [-wsl50.50]
-_<num> Minimize windows at startup; bitmapped
-rc Role is trunk control/rest channel monitor
-rv Role is trunk voice channel monitor

-b- appears in the Notes.txt file exactly three times; none of them are related to FMPP.

FMP24 2.40

Some changes made to error handling

Some changes made to -b- (bandwidth lock) handling

FMP24 2.19

Some scanner mode bugs have been fixed

-b-<bw> bandwidth locking command line option added

Example: -b-12.5

When this option is used, FMP24 ignores bandwidth hints from DSD+;
use this option to manually control bandwidth in -rc and -rv modes

If you're dealing with P25, 9.5 or 12.5 kHz will work well. -b9.5 or -b12.5 on the command line will get it done. DSD+ will also auto-select those bandwidths anyway once it starts tuning to voice calls, so not specifying channel bandwidth on the command isn't really that much of an issue.

FMPP -h works for me...
correct sliceman. my bad. TheButcher stated "As far as the batch files go, change "-b12.5" to "-b-12.5 " (note the '-'). This forces 12.5KHz and also disables automatic bandwidth detection (locks b/w to whatever you selected in the .bat file)."

i had already figured out the bw switch. tried it and no joy with the extra hyphen. it is definitely not going to work with the sdrplay rsp2.
"As far as the batch files go, change "-b12.5" to "-b-12.5 " is no-bueno.
as far as automatic bw detection goes, if hdsdr, sdruno, # shows i need at least 12 khz bw, and everybody says i need it........
if i do not set the switch it goes to 2.4 khz and sticks there every single time. for every single frequency i find using the previously mentioned applications.
i roll with what common sense tells me. hell if fm broadast shows i need 192khz i need it or suffer in quality. no 19khz pilot? no stereo.
trying too hard? don't know. when you finally realize the truth, there is no spoon.

I went out on a limb experimenting because my IC-R8600 with HDSDR with unfiltered I/Q output that decodes Inmarsat like a peach for some reason had negative results with DSD+ Fastlane with raw audio input. So NO. It's not a filtering thing.
Meteor sats decode gorgeous pictures. After several levels of software applications. Sound familiar? Except those programs work and are free.
Same thing with the RSP2 now. It decodes Inmarsat and other digital signals like a boss. DSD+ not so much.
Going to take some time off of this and build a few yagis with something like 22dB gain and shove them right down the throat of the tranmitters. Cool?

enough of the hyphen thing and lets move along. just dragged out too far dude.
but if there is a secret to use it. hell, i'm open.

slicerwizard

as far as automatic bw detection goes, if hdsdr, sdruno, # shows i need at least 12 khz bw, and everybody says i need it........
If you want 12.5 kHz bandwidth, then use -b12.5; what's the issue?

if i do not set the switch it goes to 2.4 khz and sticks there every single time.
I have no idea where you're getting 2.4 kHz from.

but if there is a secret to use it. hell, i'm open.
You haven't shown us a single screen shot of FMPP tuned to a signal that DSD+ can work with, along with the DSD+ windows, so how are we supposed to help you?

DRL-XM43

What was the question again?

This look okay?
start DSDPlus -r1 -fa -e -T -E -Pwav -i20001 >>1R-log.txt
start FMPP -rc -i1 -b12.5 -o20001 -A2 -L1 -M30 -T1 -f152.9910

I don't know about the CL's because I only use FMP24 but the screen shot of FMPx spectrum with this frequency shows an inactive patch of the band so I would not expect any goodness to happen.

Since that post I have no idea if progress of any sort has been made - much about bandwidth though. You talk about Meteor sats which has me wondering about antenna system compatibility.

I do decode stuff with PDW using raw output from FMP24 But that is far far away from decoding trunks and other voice audio signals, which is the primary function and strength of DSD+/FMPx and the issue I thought we were helping with.

Last edited:

ik8ozv

Please is this
New DSD+ Fastlane v2.242

program OK to Decode the C4FM voice signals?
If yes please where to download it and how to set it??
Thanks
Enzo

Status
Not open for further replies.