New DSD+ Fastlane v2.242 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

2020Alerts

Please is this
New DSD+ Fastlane v2.242

program OK to Decode the C4FM voice signals?
If yes please where to download it and how to set it??
Thanks
Enzo

Will need DSDPlus 1.101 released installed first then pile on top of it DSDPlus Fast Lane Program. Once paid a link will be sent to download fastlane. Read the notes file to install fastlane.

SignalsEverywhere: Using DSDPlus Fastlane for Listening to Phase 1 P25 Trunking

P25 Phase 1 (C4FM Modulation) (Encrypted)

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Oh! it is at payment. Any free programs please?
You start with the free/public version then pay for the upgrade (If you choose to do so). The upgrade info is at the bottom of the DSDPlus.txt

2020Alerts

You can continue to use SDR#, but you might not be doing yourself any favors.
Since Thur I have stayed up extremely late Fri night and got up and started troubleshooting to figure out how to decode a local frequency. I finally got my scanner to pick up the TG I wanted and had others pop up that I added and listen to.

I was given the freq and tgid's but they are not found on radio reference. I know the frequencies and wanted to use software to decode them to get accurate info for my scanner. I bought an Airspy Mini SDR and ADSB Magnetic Mount Antenna. Bought a Diamond SRH77CA Antenna last night and its on the way because I'm not sure if the $9 Antenna I bought with the mini is enough to do the job.

I started out with sdrsharp decoding and it was nothing but errors and garbled audio. I decided to go dsd+ fl and bought the software. Opened sdrsharp and the dsdfl plugin would not work. A error message.

After looking into what slicerwizard said I went strictly with dsd+ fmpa and 1R for the tcp linking. A pure signal will eliminate more troubleshooting I hope. After a lot of reading, I will have to buy another airspy mini to decode cap+ dmr. I'm learning now that the audio I'm hearing on fmpa isn't picked up by my scanner which means I do not have all the correct info in my mototrbo system database.

All I want is accurate info and the easiest way to get it. This is where I am.

Attachments

• Desktop 3-28-2020 3-35-48 PM-72.png
    Desktop 3-28-2020 3-35-48 PM-72.png
    334.5 KB · Views: 37

slicerwizard

I bought an Airspy Mini SDR and ADSB Magnetic Mount Antenna. Bought a Diamond SRH77CA Antenna last night and its on the way because I'm not sure if the $9 Antenna I bought with the mini is enough to do the job.
An ADS-B antenna is designed to receive signals around the 1 GHz range. It's a terrible choice for 460 MHz.

I went strictly with dsd+ fmpa and 1R for the tcp linking. A pure signal will eliminate more troubleshooting I hope.
That will definitely make troubleshooting simpler for everyone.

After a lot of reading, I will have to buy another airspy mini to decode cap+ dmr.
Not true. DSD+ FL will trunk track and follow/decode unencrypted voice calls on any of the supported trunking types (NXDN NEXEDGE, DMR Cap+/Con+/TIII, P25 p1/p2) with a single RTL dongle, Airspy or SDRPlay.

All I want is accurate info and the easiest way to get it. This is where I am.
We're doing our best. You need a decent antenna located where it can actually hear the signal. Right now, you appear to be using garbage. A very good choice would be a telescoping antenna, as it can be tuned to whatever band you're monitoring. Any odd quarter wave length (1/4, 3/4, 5/4, 7/4, 9/4, ...) will be resonant and increase gain. At 460 MHz, that's any multiple of 15.5 cm. Longer is better (more height, more capture area)

Some options:

Some of those are quite inexpensive. No point in getting just one, as they're a handy item to have in your radio tool bag. A magmount whip has the advantage of being able to be moved away from your PC (which can reduce noise) to a location that's higher or closer to a window. The direct-connect whips are simple to set up and tear down and take no space. I have and use both types. For the price, why not?

You also might want to get a orange FlightAware Pro Stick - they have better sensitivity than most other SDRs and they're not expensive, but they really shine at 700/800/900 MHz, not so much at 460, so don't expect miracles.

2020Alerts

Not true. DSD+ FL will trunk track and follow/decode unencrypted voice calls on any of the supported trunking types (NXDN NEXEDGE, DMR Cap+/Con+/TIII, P25 p1/p2) with a single RTL dongle, Airspy or SDRPlay.

Capacity Plus uses a rest channel very similar to LTR trunking that will hop from frequency to frequency at certain intervals. As slicerwizard mentioned the only effective way to monitor it is with 2 dongles & DSD+ or a DMR scanner/radio.

But the notes file doesn't say how many dongles are needed. Only read that and another tutorial that 2 are needed for cc rest channel and voice channel. I have read so much that it may have been for phase 25 I.

An ADS-B antenna is designed to receive signals around the 1 GHz range. It's a terrible choice for 460 MHz.

I was also thinking bigger is better. The ADSB Magnetic Mount Antenna has a 15' cable which I can place away from the rest of my electronics. HTPC has an onboard motherboard with Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac transmitter. The SRH77CA says it "Works well with 150-162 MHz HT's ", guessing it would with UHF (421-470 MHz) range.

I fired up sdrsharp to see the power bandwidth. Not sure what would be acceptable as a signal. It's hovering around -84db. Should get the SRH77CA wed or so.
So, if the antenna is the problem and I get a strong signal will dsd+ fl automatically catalog everything it needs so all the info is saved or do I have to cherry pick info and place it in specific batch files for it to work properly?

Also is it better to let fmpa cc pick the right bw, lna, mix and v automatically? I fixed them all to the settings I want when the file loads the app. The new image is the other frequency that has the cap+ dmr activity I'm interested in.

Attachments

• Desktop 3-28-2020 7-23-00 PM-737.png
    Desktop 3-28-2020 7-23-00 PM-737.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Desktop 3-28-2020 6-25-51 PM-14.png
    Desktop 3-28-2020 6-25-51 PM-14.png
    383.9 KB · Views: 15

slicerwizard

Capacity Plus uses a rest channel very similar to LTR trunking that will hop from frequency to frequency at certain intervals. As slicerwizard mentioned the only effective way to monitor it is with 2 dongles & DSD+ or a DMR scanner/radio.

You're referencing posts from what, three years ago? DSD+ isn't a static product.

But the notes file doesn't say how many dongles are needed.
DSD+ 2.176

Added single receiver monitoring mode. In this mode, single copies of DSD+ and
FMP24/FMPA/FMPP switch between control/rest channel monitoring and voice/data call monitoring.

Only read that and another tutorial that 2 are needed for cc rest channel and voice channel. I have read so much that it may have been for phase 25 I.
Posts and tutorials don't age well. I'd give anything more than oh, six months old, a pass. I'd be far more inclined to trust the official notes.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
Like Slicerwizard pointed out I use one of these antennas for one of my set up for DSD Plus and it performs very well.
This is the only indoor antenna I use for anything above 400 MHz and its on top of a empty can of corn on a shelf. The steel can acts like the ground plane on a car.

DRL-XM43

Like Slicerwizard pointed out I use one of these antennas for one of my set up for DSD Plus and it performs very well.
This is the only indoor antenna I use for anything above 400 MHz and its on top of a empty can of corn on a shelf. The steel can acts like the ground plane on a car.

NooElec-RaTLSnake (Very cost effective)

This is what I use also. it comes with 3 different masts, a telescopic, one with blue rings and a UHF stubby. I use the one with the 3 blue rings it handles ads-b great I get 200 nautical miles for AC, VHF very well and UHF too. I haul in trunk signals from over 60km away.

The stubby would be better for ads-b but right now I am using just one with a y-cable splitter until the good weather comes then I can redo.

Bottom line - all the $$$ and equipment in the world are doorstops unless you can grab them signals.

(Why is this thread starting to make me feel like I am watching a myth busters show) :)

Last edited:

ik8ozv

Will need DSDPlus 1.101 released installed first then pile on top of it DSDPlus Fast Lane Program. Once paid a link will be sent to download fastlane. Read the notes file to install fastlane.

SignalsEverywhere: Using DSDPlus Fastlane for Listening to Phase 1 P25 Trunking

P25 Phase 1 (C4FM Modulation) (Encrypted)

Please will i receive the C4FM also in trial mode?
Thanks

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Please will i receive the C4FM also in trial mode?
Thanks
YES......
P25 Phase 1 (C4FM Modulation)
there is no "trial mode", it's free, free, free, free, free, free.
Fully functional Public release...
(just less bells & whistles than the Fastlane version)
download it and see.. it's free, free, free, free, free, free.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
"vendor" might not be wrong :unsure:, technically.

8K10F1DP25 Phase I C4FM data
8K10F1EP25 Phase I C4FM voice (P25 mode in RadioReference.com Database)
8K30F1WP25 Phase I C4FM hybridized voice and data applications (most commonly seen on trunked licenses)
9K36F7WYaesu System Fusion C4FM (Voice Wide * Voice Narrow + Data * Data Wide)
:rolleyes: Yeah. It's confusion to me too

ik8ozv

Please i am still confused on which program i need and how to set it.
Actually i have downloaded

DSDPlus v1.101
DSDPlus v1.101 DLL Files

I have Unzipped both files in one folder.Ran the program setting the correct Input and Output but cannot decode
the C4FM signal. Where am i still missing?
Thanks
Enzo

DRL-XM43

Please i am still confused on which program i need and how to set it.
Actually i have downloaded

DSDPlus v1.101
DSDPlus v1.101 DLL Files

I have Unzipped both files in one folder.Ran the program setting the correct Input and Output but cannot decode
the C4FM signal. Where am i still missing?
Thanks
Enzo

you need to provide a screen grab of all the open windows

also copy and past the contents of the batch files you ran

and if the site is in the radio reference database - post the link to that page.

If you downloaded those files why are you confused?

ik8ozv

you need to provide a screen grab of all the open windows

also copy and past the contents of the batch files you ran

and if the site is in the radio reference database - post the link to that page.

If you downloaded those files why are you confused?

Here is a screenshot of the programs running but no decoding.???
Any help will be really appreciated
Enzo

Attachments

• DSD+.png
    DSD+.png
    518.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

slicerwizard

"vendor" might not be wrong :unsure:, technically.

8K10F1DP25 Phase I C4FM data
8K10F1EP25 Phase I C4FM voice (P25 mode in RadioReference.com Database)
8K30F1WP25 Phase I C4FM hybridized voice and data applications (most commonly seen on trunked licenses)
9K36F7WYaesu System Fusion C4FM (Voice Wide * Voice Narrow + Data * Data Wide)
:rolleyes: Yeah. It's confusion to me too
Emission modes have nothing to do with protocols. You're not helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.