New Legacy Scanner Upgrade Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
Quick question, do we include the battery door when we ship the unit? The site does NOT state NOT to ship the battery door.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Quick question, do we include the battery door when we ship the unit? The site does NOT state NOT to ship the battery door.

I didn't send the battery door in just in case it never comes back with it. I think some others have sent their door in.

mrkelso

PSR-800 packed up and shipped out Saturday. Do a good job Whistler.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
My radio got there yesterday :) hope I can do settings in the menu where I can change stuff without software.

GrumpyGuard

I will be sending my Pro-668 out in the next day or two. Just purchased the upgrade. What type of boxes are you guys using to ship your radio(s). I was thinking of using the small flat rate box and some padding.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I will be sending my Pro-668 out in the next day or two. Just purchased the upgrade. What type of boxes are you guys using to ship your radio(s). I was thinking of using the small flat rate box and some padding.

I used a small box I had around and used bubble wrap. Not sure how they will send it back.

Aeroiki

Premium Subscriber

I used a USPS medium flat rate box. If it fits, it clicks! Or something like that. I filled the empty space with used Amazon air pillows and a couple layers of bubble wrap around the scanner. Oh, and I included the door for the battery compartment.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber

I'm lazy...I went to the UPS Store LOL

allandunn

Question About EZscan Software

MyPSR-800 is back at Whistler for their excellent offer to upgrade. I use GRE-EZscan. Is WS-EZscan different? If I need to upgrade to WS-EZscan, where do I go for the download? On the Whistler site I only see software to delete the WS-EZscan.

troymail

Silent Key
MyPSR-800 is back at Whistler for their excellent offer to upgrade. I use GRE-EZscan. Is WS-EZscan different? If I need to upgrade to WS-EZscan, where do I go for the download? On the Whistler site I only see software to delete the WS-EZscan.

On the upgrade order page it provides the info you are looking for:

Once you receive your updated scanner back, you will need to use EZ-Scan for WS1080 Handheld to apply future updates to your scanner. You can download EZ-Scan here.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

When I ordered my upgrade, there was links to download the upgrade form and the WS1080 EZ-Scan software.

73 Eric

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I sent my Pro-668 today via UPS Ground and it should arrive next Tuesday. I insured it for replacement value ($300).

73 Eric

tscoma

Premium Subscriber
I am curiously awaiting feedback from the early adopters to see how things went. I assume the radio upgrades are limited to software/firmware. It would be awesome to get a shiny new Whistler faceplate to replace my scuffed RS face. The screens of this family of Whistler scanners have never been forgiving of scuffs with the material that was used.

milcom_chaser

We use Cellphone screen protector material. Zagg makes a good product. Cut it to size. Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.