New Mexico DTRS

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Lots of newer sites added to the DB and I'm sure only more sites will come online as the year progresses.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I did some extrapolation of the NM State Police district talkgroups and this is what it should be for the 12 districts:
Thanks! I guess time will tell if that's what they've got planned for those talkgroups.
Take a look at my prediction back on Oct 26, 2021 (post #387) and compare it to the recent database update. Does it look familiar?

Last edited:

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
They were not active at time. Monies were adjusted and completion was done to what was needed to get it going. Regardless none of the locals will be on it within the forseeable future. Only SP. Vhf microwave is still used in area for SP. Random testing on it or trafic here and there. Gaps in system other bugs to be worked out. In regards for Otero.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
What kind of "BUGS"? I hear D8, D11, and D4 using it daily. Dona Ana County is moving to the state system. They are waiting on new radios. Sites have been live for 6 month in Otero, Buck almost a year now. So not sure what you are talking about.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
So you are telling me in 4 months time almost 20 new sites have just appeared? Buck is almost a year old, Alamogordo was installed before the new year and went live few months back, same with Benson. But hey I guess you are the local expert right!
The otero site isn't online yet.

I beg to differ there is no sites being used in otero. One tower was constructed and they decided to not use it as 700 has some issues in testing in areas.

Dona ana has a couple but last I'm aware are either not in use yet or some of the north guys going down 25 will affiliate on them.

From what I know some you mention are not interested in leaving conventional vhf.

Now Eddy yes they are currently in a major overhaul right now and itll.be mix and match there. The Eddy stuff will be vhf phase 1/2. Chaves is in plans to go vhf phase 2 trunked countywide from their conventional p25.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
The City of Santa Fe switched to the state radio system this morning. :cool:

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Probably a lot smoother now. I heard their site coverage would improve once done. Is the sheriff's and fire for their county going as well or they doing a mixed vhf and 700 like Eddy is doing upfront?

KE5ZBG

NMSAR
Premium Subscriber
Zero traffic remaining on the $21 million dollar City system, wonder what's going to become of it...

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Zero traffic remaining on the $21 million dollar City system, wonder what's going to become of it...
The City of Santa Fe left half of their old analog TRS to utilities, buses, etc after moving the police and fire departments to the then-new 800 MHz DTRS.

Now that the police and fire departments are on the statewide 700 MHz DTRS, I'm wondering if they'll move the utilities and transportation folks to the now-vacant 800 MHz DTRS, or will they eventually move everyone to the statewide system.

Interesting!

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

abqscan

DataBase Administrator

$21 million. Where did that number come from? The project costs I saw were $1,174,000 for the P25 core and disptach consoles and another $571,000 for the radio site and repeaters. I would think the existing radio equipment being prety new would be compatable with the DTRS system and would be distrubited to the DTRS sites in Santa Fe to add capacitiy to them.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Story that mentions the old radio system and the push to move to the DTRS.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
I do find it amusing they cite nobody could communicate while owning dual band subscribers prior to. Most the time the vhf agencies out there didn't have the interops anyway and that was the issue.

One thing they fail to mention is once it is fully built majority will be going E once most os coordinated with keys and such statewide.

KE5ZBG

NMSAR
Premium Subscriber
I believe that was the total figure for the contract with Motorola, including 10 years of support and maintenance.

Deadguy

Otero County Report - Site 1.28

Starting today, 19 Nov 23, it seems like the NMSP traffic is moving off of the analog system onto the DTRS. I'm hearing a ton more traffic on 1.28 including dispatches from other districts along with game and fish. I was hearing transmissions on both 1.28 and the analog system together all day up until about an hour ago. The analog system seems silent now. I wonder if this is "the" turnover...

Also, I'm seeing seemingly random encrypted (DES-OFB) transmissions as well on the Alamogordo dispatch talkgroup and one enc transmission for the Socorro Dispatch talkgroup They all seem to have different key IDs though. Hmm...

I'll leave DSDplus running for a while to see if there is anything else of note. Unfortunately, the location that I'm at in the county provides atrocious reception and the audio all sounds like someone talking through jello.

Deadguy

Site 1.29 also shows 2 neighbor sites that I don't see in the database. I don't know where these sites are located.

1.30 - CC - 769.94375
1.35 - CC - 770.44375

Deadguy

Update:

The enc transmissions showing on DSDPlus are just really low quality signals. It seems that DSDPlus figures they must be enc. I have 2 other scanners running, 1 on the analog system, and 1 on site 1.28. I heard transmissions on Alomogordo Dispatch in the clear on both while the same transmission displayed as enc on the laptop.

Site 1.28 was TDMA all day, went quiet for about 2 hours, came back, and now Alomogordo dispatch is a p25 phase 1 TG without any other patches of TGs from around the area. I suppose that "they" are still testing everything. This is a lot of fun!

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
More and More sites coming online across the state. Another 22 in the works now. State Police moving over as coverage allows. State police working on radio upgrades to TDMA and AES encryption with overall plan to move to full time AES encryption by late next year. I don't know anyone still using DES encryption. DES IS DEAD. LOL.

The following State Police Districts have made the move to state system
Dist 1
Dist 3
Dist 4
Dist 5
Dist 6
Dist 11
Dist 12

Lots of new sites and lots of new traffic. Sad not much is going to stay in the clear.