New Roseville P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcook8

Roseville Fire will likely go VHF only bringing down the 800 system while they get P25 operational. Likely a couple of months more before they can use the new dual-band EF Johnson radios and get them deployed.

CPJC

At 16:06, the announcement for PD to switch to the P25 system was done.

Now to learn how to program my TRX-1 to listen to P25 systems.

Fire is still being dispatched on the old Motorola Type II system.

CPJC

I'm new to P25 systems, but seeing the following TalkGroups, not sure if it helps:

TGID / AlphaTag (* if I had to guess) / Info
1 / RPD Dispatch* / Not getting an alphatag, but hearing regular dispatch channel traffic
7 / Unknown / Just a quick solid tone. Is this what encryption would sound like?
1616 / RFD Dispatch / Have heard one dispatch mid-way through. Missed Tones

I've also seen the following Radio ID's listed below, with the TalkGroups they were seen on. Not seeing any radio ID's for Dispatch or Fire. Would the Dispatch not show up because they are using older consoles with an interconnect?

RadioID / TalkGroup
9210048 / 1
9210112 / 1
9210114 / 1
9210582 / 1
9210611 / 1
9210655 / 1
9213406 / 1
9213409 / 7 (This the one that I hear the tone on)
256 / 7

So, once again, sorry for my lack of knowledge, but trying to understand my first P25 system.

clanusb

Roseville Fire will continue to be using the old system along with the VHF system until the end of the month or early September. Interoperability with outside agencies will have to be done via a patch or on the VHF system until outside agencies get programmed.

No idea what AMR Placer is going to end up doing once the switch over is final.

clanusb

AMR uses Logis as the main dispatching now for Sac/Yolo/Placer. Once that went into use, they primarily stopped using their own VHF frequencies. ALL inter-company communication was to be done via that Logis Dispatching/Communicaion app.

AMR Placer ops comes up on the applicable VHF channel for the agency that they are responding with. They do/did not have any 800 radios in the fleet up there. Those rigs had 2 VHF Motorola mobiles installed. (Older units were CDMs, newer units were a form of XPR.)

What I am saying is...Once Roseville Fire switches to the new Phase 2 system it will not be patched/simulcast with the VHF dispatch channel. I'm sure that AMR will issue a Phase 2 portable to each unit continue to talk to Roseville fire, but I have not seen that confirmed yet. (Similar to how Yolo Ops works.)

(AMR Yolo has a XTS1500 800 portable that they use for Davis and West Sac Fire. AMR Sac 911 units have a EF Johnson portable and a mobile installed.)

crucialcolin

Yup looks like the switch over has happened. My BC246t has gone silent since the switch which unfortunately only handles analog trunking systems. Looks like I'm officially in the market for a new scanner. Most likely the Uniden BCD325P2 or BCD436HP.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
What I am saying is...Once Roseville Fire switches to the new Phase 2 system it will not be patched/simulcast with the VHF dispatch channel.

This is incorrect. Roseville Fire's intention is to stay on VHF indefinitely, due to interoperability issues with surrounding agencies. Not only are they NOT going to take down the VHF 'patch', they have in fact expanded their VHF channel capability by adding repeaters in the City area on XPL Command and Tactical frequencies. There has been significant discussion internally on whether they are going to abandon the trunked system altogether, or continue to run a dual-patched system...I haven't heard the resolution of THAT conversation, but they will not be ditching VHF.

sacscan

The database shows this system as Phase 1, but clanusb's post mentions Phase 2. I listen on a Uniden BCD325P2 which is Phase 2, so I hear the system just fine if I'm in Roseville. Is this system Phase 1 or Phase 2?

crucialcolin

The database shows this system as Phase 1, but clanusb's post mentions Phase 2. I listen on a Uniden BCD325P2 which is Phase 2, so I hear the system just fine if I'm in Roseville. Is this system Phase 1 or Phase 2?

I'm pretty sure from what I've read the system is supposed to be Phase 1(at least for some time).

The good news is that the Uniden BCD325P2 handles both. I just ordered one for a deal I couldn't pass up although I hope I don't regret passing on Whistler's current TXR-1 scratch and dent deal for about a $50 more. However I already know the Uniden interface.

Hows the audio in Roseville on your BCD325P2 so far?

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Roseville P25

I am presently picking up PD on a Phase 1 scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.