SDS100/SDS200: New SDS Firmware (2023)

donc13

Premium Subscriber
You need to update to Sentinel 2.5 (if you are still on 2.3, you will be prompted to update before you can push the new firmware to the SDS200 (and I presume sds100 also)) once done, loads fine and I then upgraded to activate waterfall ($20 at my.uniden.com).

Works fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20231222_072822577r.jpg
    IMG_20231222_072822577r.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot 2023-12-22 080002.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-22 080002.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 110

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Uniden loves to make things as strange and difficult as possible.
"Uniden loves to make things as strange and difficult as possible."
Agreed.

It appears I also needed to register my scanners which I had not previously done, at which point the icons appeared in the product list for buying and downloading Waterfall keys, along with the others

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uniden loves to make things as strange and difficult as possible.
HI,
"Uniden loves to make things as strange and difficult as possible."
Agreed.

It appears I also needed to register my scanners which I had not previously done, at which point the icons appeared in the product list for buying and downloading Waterfall keys, along with the others

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are also closed today.

I know this is a problem on my end most likely or possibly at my.uniden.com

but when I try entering the ESN, which I found in Menu->Settings->See scanner information->Firmware version, the ESN has 13 characters but the entry field on my.uniden.com will not accept more than 10 characters in the esn field.

Clicking update on the page

1703262578904.png
returns the message

""
The Checksum you entered is not valid. Please recheck your input to ensure that you have entered the 3 digits of the SUM value correctly.

Please go back by clicking your back button.

""

Any ideas? It seems odd to me that my ESN has 13 characters and Uniden only will taake 10 of them, leads me to believe I;m not entering an ESN

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Wow it's an early Christmas present from Uniden! It's working great on my SDS100. Simple to use! Very intuitive. Showing a visual 17 MHz swath of the frequency spectrum on a police scanner is COOL. $20 is very reasonable as well. Great job Uniden!!

Does anyone know how to listen to P25 audio in waterfall mode? I park on the voice channel not the data channel, and the activity is displayed on the screen, but I don't hear anything. The "span" is only 2.88 mhz, and I did try using "hold." I'm going to guess that you cannot listen to digital audio since the Preset Waterfalls are all analog signals and they don't have listed any frequency ranges where you would normally find digital signals. I wonder why it can't decode digital voice in waterfall mode?

I know the picture shows a data channel here but I just wanted to show the waterfall in action and I had started scrolling around. lol.

Dontgochasingwaterfalls.jpg

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
I assume the 100 is the same (haven't updated my 100 yet) but I had the same question and I tried moving to P25 traffic channels with my 200 and it decoded them just fine. Even having moved out of a predefined range like FRS by entering an 800 freq it decoded the audio.

I hope Uniden stocked up on parts because I predict a lot of worn out encoder modules in the future.

palmerjrusa

I assume the 100 is the same (haven't updated my 100 yet) but I had the same question and I tried moving to P25 traffic channels with my 200 and it decoded them just fine. Even having moved out of a predefined range like FRS by entering an 800 freq it decoded the audio.

I hope Uniden stocked up on parts because I predict a lot of worn out encoder modules in the future.

"I hope Uniden stocked up on parts because I predict a lot of worn out encoder modules in the future."

This

And I'm already on my second SDS100 rotary encoder...

dave3825

Premium Subscriber