Sarcastic Member
Premium Subscriber
YOU:

Any confirmation/input welcome.
ME:

"...heard one of the EMS units come up on Fairfield PD talkgroup last week."

YOU:

Thanks for stating the obvious, though.
Didn't know it was obvious that EMS was coming up on this particular PD's talkgroup but hey, you know more than me, right ?

YOU'RE WELCOME !

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Premium Subscriber
And not for nothing, but you are kinda stating the obvious with your question. Do you find it surprising that units that operate on NJICS are coming up on talkgroups of agencies they respond to as primarily ALS, who are also on NJICS ? Asking for a friend.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
West Caldwell made the switch this morning, and are now full time on NJICS. The plan was to simulcast on their VHF channel to maintain interoperability with Caldwell PD who they also dispatch for, however , that has no happened yet. So Caldwell PD remains on VHF for the time being. As always, subject to change.

markjrenna

Premium Subscriber
West Caldwell made the switch this morning, and are now full time on NJICS. The plan was to simulcast on their VHF channel to maintain interoperability with Caldwell PD who they also dispatch for, however , that has no happened yet. So Caldwell PD remains on VHF for the time being. As always, subject to change.
Nice! Just heard. Thank you! :)

ansky

Has there been any talk of Roseland moving to NJICS? They would be the last department in the region to remain on VHF.

markjrenna

Premium Subscriber
From what I know is Roseland doesn’t have any radio issues and the FD is also using the North Caldwell licensed tower. I have to assume a long while ago they were given Essex Fells and North Caldwell radio and same now with E Livingston. They can’t possibly rely on spen to know what’s going on around them. Especially Livingston.

ansky

From what I know is Roseland doesn’t have any radio issues and the FD is also using the North Caldwell licensed tower. I have to assume a long while ago they were given Essex Fells and North Caldwell radio and same now with E Livingston. They can’t possibly rely on spen to know what’s going on around them. Especially Livingston.
So I guess if they already have the radios it would be easy for them to switch over to NJICS if they wanted to.