Not Receiving DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0FSD

I am having difficulty receiving DMR and was wondering if I have a simple setting that may be preventing reception. I've imported the frequencies and enabled Custom 1 but still don't get any hits. Any suggestions?

kma371

QRT
I am having difficulty receiving DMR and was wondering if I have a simple setting that may be preventing reception. I've imported the frequencies and enabled Custom 1 but still don't get any hits. Any suggestions?

Silly question, but you purchased the upgrade correct?

kibler

Feed Provider
N0FSD.....Go to Menu=>Search for=>Edit Custom search=>choose Custom 1 (or any of them) change the Lower freq to 150.00MHz and the upper to 160.00MHz and do the search! Something wrong if you don't hear at least one frequency! Thanks

N0FSD

Did not work

Did as you suggested. Did not work. Scanner does not stay on custom list proceeds on all custom lists. This scanner and the other piece of crap 536 are going up on Ebay with no minimums. These are totally worthless. Thanks for your help, but you can t polish a turd.

kibler

Feed Provider
Look in the upper left corner of display and you will see the word "SEARCH" and under that will be numbers "0 thru 9"! On your front keypad, pushin each number that you did not Edit and only leave the number that you chose to edit! This way your scanner only searches the custom number you edited!

This is really a good scanner but you just have to take some time to figure it out and do some reading! Thanks

N0FSD

Did that

I did the seach and limited it to the range suggested. I did hear a couple of transmissions but I don't believe these are DMR as they are not from any of the companies listed in the DMR frequencies. I didn't have this problem with Provoice. I don't believe this upgrade actually works. I checked both scanners and they both claim DMR is active yet I've never heard one DMR signal on either scanner.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Did as you suggested. Did not work. Scanner does not stay on custom list proceeds on all custom lists. This scanner and the other piece of crap 536 are going up on Ebay with no minimums. These are totally worthless. Thanks for your help, but you can t polish a turd.

Just my 2 cents. Are you new to scanning? I see that you are involved with amateur radio.

I ask because everyone involved with scanning usually has problems at one time or another. There are times you stomp the ground and grit your teeth, but help usually arrives in the form of RR. You own two very GOOD scanners, not cheap either, and you might want to think again about E-Bay. If you stick with it long enough, things usually work out, and you can impress your friends and family with those 2 scanners you own!:)

Just my 2 cents. Good luck. Greg

kibler

Feed Provider
Hello N0FSD........Which firmware version is on your scanner? I manually loaded V1_11_16 on my 536 and it works but I like V1_11_15 a little better for some reason?? I have not tried to Update firmware through Sentinel yet! Have you tried any UHF frequencies? Please load maybe 450.0000--460.0000MHz in a Custom list and see if you hear anything! The display will flash DMR and Color Code information if it is DMR! Surely there are some DMR freq's in your area! Thanks

kibler

Feed Provider
Hello N0FSD.......Is there any way you can give me your Latitude & Longitude location? I would like to input into Upman's Excel file and see what Frequencies are available! Or your hometown would be close enough! When I used his Excel file, it gave me almost 100% of the stuff in my area! Thanks

A stupid question! Where did you get your DMR frequencies?

Last edited:

kibler

Feed Provider
When looking at the RR database for Raleigh, NC (assuming this is your general location), I do not see a lot of or any DMR Public Safety listed! When I look at the Excel file, I find numerous DMR business's listed! Not a lot to go on????..thanks

N0FSD

I'm in Raleigh. There are many companies and agencies listed in the DMR database I loaded in. I have been scanning all afternoon and hearing nothing. I would like to know if anyone has had sucess hearing any DMR stations after installing this upgrade. Both radios say it is active but I hear nothing. Hard to believe that I shouldn't have heard something. No problems with the Provoice update that I did on both radios,

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've had no problem hearing any DMR stations since upgrading to the latest version. That's on a 536 and a 436. In another similar thread the owner reverted back to an earlier release candidate and then reinstalled the release version again. That fixed his issue.

I'm in Raleigh. There are many companies and agencies listed in the DMR database I loaded in. I have been scanning all afternoon and hearing nothing. I would like to know if anyone has had sucess hearing any DMR stations after installing this upgrade. Both radios say it is active but I hear nothing. Hard to believe that I shouldn't have heard something. No problems with the Provoice update that I did on both radios,

N0FSD

I'm not sure about reverting to an earlier release. I'll have to see if I can locate one. I set up a custom scan from 150 to 160 and heard a few stations but no DMR. This is a new radio and so is the 536. I think I'll just send it in for repair and let Uniden figure out what's wrong with it. Also, I don't know if this is a bug or not but the infinite setting for the backlight doesn't work either.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Yes, NFM is fine and make sure you have all the service types turned on such as business, hospitals etc. I have the DMR upgrade on my 2 536's and both are working great. Sometimes its just a matter of not having all the service types on that you are trying to hear since there isn't much public service. A lot of what you will hear will be businesses, utilities, schools so you have to have those service types on to hear anything.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.