Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Can you elaborate the changes applied for
  • Changed the operations for encryption
  • Fixed muting issues on analog channels including trunking systems
Encryption one, fortunately there is very little in my area, so I was looking in the main menu settings, then the setting in the individual talkgroups and frequencies to see if any any new options were there, none seen. I was hoping to see something like to allow the encryption through or not in that way at least we can know if a TG or frequency has gone E, otherwise Unidens don't stop on E channels.

The muting one, is this addressing what occasionally we see from people here stating that some say they were missing beginning of radio traffic?

The audio is sounding better!

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Sooooo.... I have ARC (Butel) as my programming software for my 996P2's. As of now, NXDN isn't supported through it. Is there another software program that I can program NXDN freqs and such into my 996P2's, until it is updated?

And, it has been a while, is there any type of Uniden "Sentinel" available for the 996P2's? I am not locating it anywhere if so.

allend

Premium Subscriber
I suppose non of the third party software for programming the BCD996P2 with regards to programming NXDN yet. The firmware update just arrived on our door step yesterday. Most likely the programmers for these software packages are in the works for updating for NXDN right now

RRR

Premium Subscriber
It has been just over 24 hours. I know that those guys turn things around quickly...but maybe a week, not a day.

Didn't know if yall gave them a heads up or something.

I am most grateful for this wonderful addition to a great scanner

scosgt

I rolled back the firmware. P25 and LSM are way better on the previous firmware. I have the digital threshold set to 6, works better on both systems I monitor. On auto or any manual setting Metro 25 just would not decode.
Also there is a change in function knob. Holding it does not seem to get me to system hold on the new firmware.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
So I've updated and purchased the NXDN update,is there something you have to to do in order to receive NXDN?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
So I've updated and purchased the NXDN update,is there something you have to to do in order to receive NXDN?

Have you checked RR's database to see what if any NXDN systems are in your area? Then you'd need to program them.

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
There's 3 NXDN systems in my area all have very strong signals. I programmed them through freescan.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The only other thing you didn't mention, but probably did do: Enter the key in the scanner to unlock the feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.