NXDN Comes to BCD325P2 and BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

allend

Premium Subscriber
What I recommend is if you are using any sort of programming software for the BCD996P2 make sure you read the radio first and have it saved up on your computer and then do the firmware update and then completely clean the radio out and re-program it. Now I have to go through my whole radio and re-add all of the P25 NAC accordingly.

I got too happy and firmware updated all three BCD996P2 radios and all of my P25 conventional channels all got the NAC of CC0.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Well Dang now I have to buy 4 NXDN updates good thing I get paid tomorrow.
Thanks ALLEND I double checked and had to rewrite 3 of my 4 996's got 2 updated to NXDN and working Programmed with PROSCAN.

Last edited:

tumegpc

Well Dang now I have to buy 4 NXDN updates good thing I get paid tomorrow.
Thanks ALLEND I double checked and had to rewrite 3 of my 4 996's got 2 updated to NXDN and working Programmed with PROSCAN.

I don't see NXDN support for the 325P2 or the 996P2 with the latest version of Proscan?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What I am seeing right now is set to Digital only and it thinks RAN 13 is CC5 but is decoding perfect audio with NAC CC in SEARCH
My 996 is not missing a word next to my NX-5300 on the next county south of me.

scosgt

So far the decoding on my local Simulcast system (Metro 25) is worse. Another P 25 system if left on auto sounds better than before.
May have to drop back on the firmware. 996P2

allend

Premium Subscriber
I don't see NXDN support for the 325P2 or the 996P2 with the latest version of Proscan?

Well ProScan most likely found out today that the firmware was just released. This means that ProScan software programmer will have to update their software package.

tumegpc

Well ProScan most likely found out today that the firmware was just released. This means that ProScan software programmer will have to update their software package.

Hopefully tomorrow! Bob is usually pretty quick with the updates.

Can't wait to program NXDN in the 325P2 & 996P2. It's like getting two new scanners.

scottkrueger

Premium Subscriber
I’m not seeing a link under my scanner. I have all 3 of my scanners registered. I just want to download the firmware upgrade. Maybe I’m missing something..

Blackink

And for those who have forgotten how to update the firmware in the 325P2/996P2 (since it's been a while)...you have to download the BC_VUP3 utility, available at the following links:

BCD325P2FirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
BCD996P2FirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

And if you've updated your firmware for either of these 2 scanners before: the BCD325P2 or BCD996P2, the BC_VUP3 utility should already be installed on your computer. No need to download and install it again.
Open the Start menu and look under: All Programs> Uniden> BC_VUP3> and then left click once on the BC_VUP3 with the Red paw print to start the utility.
You can upgrade the firmware for both of these scanners with that software and use the same USB cable for both scanners, if you happen to own both of these scanners.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Maybe it’s just me but DMR voice seems less “muffled” on my 996P2...
  • Support Late Entry Opcode of DMR CapMax
  • Modified the decoding for P25 Phase 2
  • Changed the operations for encryption
  • Improved the clarity of digital voice
  • Fixed muting issues on analog channels including trunking systems

PriorMike

• Support Late Entry Opcode of DMR CapMax
  • Modified the decoding for P25 Phase 2
  • Changed the operations for encryption
  • Improved the clarity of digital voice
  • Fixed muting issues on analog channels including trunking systems

Well, yes, but the “new and shiny thing” factor can mess with people. I did the update last night and have only listened for a couple of minutes since...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
What I hate is when someone is applying a firmware update at the same time some major change is being made to the system they normally monitor. Suddenly a spate of messages blaming the firmware update on hosing their scanner. Then, they find that reverting and it is still bad...which is normally blamed on the scanner. Eventually, we find out that a TGID changed (or one of the repeaters on the system went down, or whatever), but in the mean time...

Getting confirmation that the muffled audio is clearer is a good thing. I just cc'd the original list because we made so many fantastic improvements, I was afraid you might have missed seeing that one. :D

Reactions: RRR

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
The encryption mode works great, Stays on the channel for about 2 seconds with no noise and then moves on. Good for a agency that occasionally turns it off or on.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
P2's are my favorite scanner ever, this is quite a blessing! I am still glad I got the SDS100 & 200, and they are my "go-to" scanners, but this will now make these tanks a continued part of my daily users!

I am so glad I didn't sell any of my P2's. ....I have 3 BCD996XT's I'd let go, though.... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.