NXDN Comes to BCD325P2 and BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Then you're up and rolling!

All you need to do is program some NXDN systems/frequencies into your radio,get comfortable, and listen.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Does this cover NXDN trunking too, or is it strictly NXDN conventional only? The release notes are not clear on this point. Mike

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to Paul and the Uniden team For the NXDN upgrade!

There are more NXDN than there are DMR systems in my neighborhood, and this package breathed new life into my BCD325P2.

My beloved SDS100 is still my primary scanner, but it's nice to also have the NXDN functionality in the '325 now! The '325 is a little more sensitive than the SDS100, which helps once in a while. My only complaint about the '325 is the short battery life, but you can't have everything.

Thanks again, Paul!

milcom_chaser

Just upgraded firmware.
-The improvement in Digital audio alone is worth upgrading to this version of firmware. The muffled bass sounding audio is gone, more high end, very clear. Quite noticeable, a game changer in a mobile environment. Good job UPMan. Did notice some very slight distortion on Digital audio voice peaks. Might be the specific system we are monitoring...

oldtimeradio

NO Luck after firmware up.
BCD996P2 manual build, Proscan or ARCXT on Connecticut 700MHz System. All info from Radioreference database.
Nothing works, out of ideas.
My SDS200 working fine on 700MHz.

Sent from my keyboard using my own fingers.

phask

Premium Subscriber
BCD996P2 manual build, Proscan or ARCXT on Connecticut 700MHz System. All info from Radioreference database.

Nothing works? Care to explain? Bricked? Programming? Pretty vague post

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Does this cover NXDN trunking too, or is it strictly NXDN conventional only? The release notes are not clear on this point. Mike

Well, honestly, it wouldn't do much good for NXDN (or DMR) trunking systems, as the display on the 'P2 won't show relevant info (TG's) needed to determine who you're listening to.

There are several "IP site connect" and "NXDN single freq" radio systems that I can monitor with it, and it works perfectly, as one agency is using the same freq, or if IP connect, the same connected freqs. For trunking systems, I defer to my TRX's

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Well, honestly, it wouldn't do much good for NXDN (or DMR) trunking systems, as the display on the 'P2 won't show relevant info (TG's) needed to determine who you're listening to.

There are several "IP site connect" and "NXDN single freq" radio systems that I can monitor with it, and it works perfectly, as one agency is using the same freq, or if IP connect, the same connected freqs. For trunking systems, I defer to my TRX's
That's not true at all. The scanner must be in Display Mode 2, then it will most certainly show the TGID for DMR trunked systems like Connect Plus. If you have the talkgroups aliased, it will show that as well.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
*Correction, for trunking, I prefer my SDS/P2's.

"Display mode 2" ??

Last edited:

milcom_chaser

Just upgraded ours a few hours ago flawlessly. Can you be more specific? Your rant is just too vague to diagnose. Get it?

wbswetnam

Just last week I was thinking "Why hasn't Uniden made NXDN available for the 996 & 325 yet?" Lo and behold, my question is answered! I loaded in NXDN into my 325P2... many thanks!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Dan I have 4 996P2's Sharing the same antenna system ST2 to Stridesberg 4 port feeding 2 8 port Stridesbergs for 18 equal ports with my 5 536's and my SDS200 and the 4 996p2's have more NXDN range than my 536's and SDS200. This is just quick info as I setup the 996p2's Thursday night and work 24 shift Friday so today I get to play more.

Status
Not open for further replies.