Official BCD996T Prerelease Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
"Is there a way to copy just the talk group configurations over to the 996T software?"

Butel or Uniden? Copy from what?

compubandit

I pre-ordered my BCD996T from Communications Electronics today and the guy said that the unit had cleared customs and will be en route to Uniden soon. He said they should get them into their facility by June 10th or before! I am glad to hear the ship didn't sink!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Oops!
Alva-Star.jpg

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, for while you are waiting, the O/M now online at Uniden's Site incorporates some changes identified after initial printing. Mainly some enhancements to GPS descriptions and such. Recommended reading for those waiting anxiously for the shipping container to be unloaded out our distribution center.

STiMULi

New Manual said:
• Dangerous Xing — Stores location, speed, and direction of travel. If you are in
range, traveling greater than the set speed, and moving in the selected
direction, the radio sounds an alert at .5, .25, and .1 miles (radius of a circle)
from the point.
These range distances are automatic and fixed.

• Dangerous Road — Stores location, direction of travel, and speed. If you are
traveling at a speed greater than that specified, in the direction specified, and if
you are within range of the set location, the scanner sounds an alert at .5, .25,
and .1 miles from the point.
These range distances are also automatic and
fixed.

• Points of Interest (POI) — Stores location and range. If you approach the set
location, the radio sounds an alert up to 2 miles from the center.

I need some clarification. I know what has been asked and answered but this seems to be in conflict with UASD and what was said.

Is there a range setting on DRD and DXG?

I know it is redundant but is the maunal wrong, UASD wrong or is it just me?

Last edited:

STiMULi

What is wrong with my UASD then?

When I choose Dangerous Crossing or Road I see " --- " in the range field and there is no drop-down.

What am I doing wrong? is a there a new UASD out that I missed?

Thanks

safetyobc

STiMULi said:
What is wrong with my UASD then?

When I choose Dangerous Crossing or Road I see " --- " in the range field and there is no drop-down.

What am I doing wrong? is a there a new UASD out that I missed?

Thanks

Mine is the same way.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Per your quote above and how the UASD is operating (and how the UASD help file describes the feature), you cannot change the range for DRD and DXG. That is why UASD shows --- in the range setting.

STiMULi

Wait!

I just reread the statement "the radio sounds an alert at .5, .25, and .1 miles (radius of a circle) from the point. These range distances are automatic and fixed.

My bad!

I saw multiple distances and thought they were adjustable. Keep reading dummy!

:)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, I thought it was me...
Sometimes, since I know how the scanner works, I "fill in the blanks" where info is missing. I read the above 3 or 4 times waiting for that "aha" moment where I realized something was missing. The "aha" never came...

On another note, I would estimate that this thread has a very short time left to live. I'd like to get the wiki page updated to reflect the 10 most critical pieces of information a new user (or prospective user) needs to know. Any suggestions? (Actually, feel free to add the questions/answers to the wiki...or, if you don't know the answer just add the question and I or someone else in the know will fill it in.)

BCD996T Q&A Wiki

safetyobc

I think compatible GPS units (by brand/type) should be listed there.

For someone who is GPS stupid like me, it would be helpful. I realize there are some on the 996 wiki itself, but would be nice on the Q & A.

HIP

How to save your files?

Is there any way to save the systems you created to a separate disk other than the computer uasd is on, like a thumb drive?I would like to do this as a precautionary measure.

Mike T. kc8rrm
BCD996 (ordered)
785d
Pro 2096
Kenwood TMD700
Kenwood TS2000

safetyobc

HIP said:
Is there any way to save the systems you created to a separate disk other than the computer uasd is on, like a thumb drive?I would like to do this as a precautionary measure.

Mike T. kc8rrm
BCD996 (ordered)
785d
Pro 2096
Kenwood TMD700
Kenwood TS2000

I save mine on a flash drive and transport them from one CPU to another. Just copy and paste from your system/configuration folders to the flash drive, or you can simply specify the drive as the saving point.

LauraQ

rdale said:
"Is there a way to copy just the talk group configurations over to the 996T software?"

Butel or Uniden? Copy from what?

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I'd like to copy just the talk groups from the 396T UASD software to the 996T UASD software.

-- Laura

safetyobc

LauraQ said:
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I'd like to copy just the talk groups from the 396T UASD software to the 996T UASD software.

-- Laura

You can highlight them by dragging the mouse over them holding the left button, then right click and select copy. Go to UASD and select paste (after you open the appropriate number of channels).

At least I think that would work.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
UPMan said:
On another note, I would estimate that this thread has a very short time left to live.

I agree..When ever you want to start a Post Release Thread go ahead and one of us will sticky it and close this one..

Status
Not open for further replies.