OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

KE5TLF

Maybe finally they got all the hospitals/TC's/EMS online like all the other states with statewide systems have done... <snip> blah blah

...or maybe it's just that Keesler has been turning their radio on more often here lately..(as it turns out)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
There has not been an Forrest County feed in over 2 years now. Darren used to run it if I remember right. Also note of interest... ALL live feeds are going to Broadcastify and leaving this site. Other things are also splitting soon. Broadcastify is our sister site.

KE5TLF

OH btw, MED-COM traffic is showing up in TDMA mode too. When KAFB is afflilated to site 118 (Vancleave). Then of course it's back to FDMA when they affiliate to 144 (Fountainebleau). East Biloxi units, including the Capital Police unit at the Bolton Bldg, (C-46) seem to flip flop pretty regularly from 118 to 144 all day long.

Somehow I even occasionally see the MSCP unit on the Benndale tower. LOL

TDMA Usage recap:
MDWFP
MFC
MEMA
MID/State Fire Marshalls
MED-COM
A&L Theft
Wiggins PD (also encrypted)
Site Techs
MDOT-E on G&H Car-Car channel

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Maybe that site is close to his house, or fave eating place???? Once a mobile is within zeroing range it affiliates even if the signal is still weak comparatively speaking. Once you get close enough that the site is beginning to overpower others bingo. Oh Question, did anyone happen to monitor multiple Hattiesburg area sites during that twister and see if any went into ST or FS?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Was talking about the MSWIN sites, but it is good to know the FC system had no problems iether considering just how old that thing is.

KE5TLF

Now that you mention it, and I have reviewed some recordings this morning, I caught a couple of comms from that helo, and a ground unit, on the Lucedale tower the other day myself.

But yeah, we've known for a long time the MS ARNG has MSWIN radios. Oil Spill, Hurricane Issac, etc. I would have thought there would be several boots on the ground around you for the tornado aftermath too.

dosboot

Jones County has set a completion date of October first for switching over to MSWIN.

-thechronicle.ms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
OK, once we get more widespread usage of TDMA on TG's, I will put the official T in place of that D. So far its only down in Phase I areas on just a couple of towers right?

KE5TLF

NO don't mark anything TDMA. The system has the dynamic option enabled. Obviously, given all sites don't even have TDMA turned up it has to be. 100% TDMA is still a ways off.

KE5TLF

Wow, MFC Wiggins has been non-stop today since I started paying attention around noon. Just heard fire number 25 being given out.