PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
OSIG has several regions according to publicly available info on the web. The Bureau of Fraud Prevention group is divided into Western, Central, Southeastern, and Northeastern regions. 13472 seems to have been serving as the main talkgroup for SE activity. 13466 has been IDd over the air as "WRO1". Somewhere, I read that a listener had heard 13468 referred to as "WRO3". I have seen affiliations with every talkgroup between 13466 and 13477 via channel flipping when the new radios went on the air. Purely based on these tidbits, I made the leap that each of the four regions has three channels assigned. That could be totally wrong. Someone else added this speculation to the wiki based on an earlier post I made.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
It is entirely possible that OSIG has not yet geo-limited their talkgroups or doesnt plan to do so. Or, it is equally possible we are totally off base so far. Hard to tell when radio chatter is sparse and mostly limited to addresses being visited by agents.

PSP, as the lead agency, still hasn't restricted their talkgroups. Greensburg Dispatch was active throughout the day today on site 75. You cant get too much farther away from Greensburg.

bearcat

OSIG has several regions according to publicly available info on the web. The Bureau of Fraud Prevention group is divided into Western, Central, Southeastern, and Northeastern regions. 13472 seems to have been serving as the main talkgroup for SE activity. 13466 has been IDd over the air as "WRO1". Somewhere, I read that a listener had heard 13468 referred to as "WRO3". I have seen affiliations with every talkgroup between 13466 and 13477 via channel flipping when the new radios went on the air. Purely based on these tidbits, I made the leap that each of the four regions has three channels assigned. That could be totally wrong. Someone else added this speculation to the wiki based on an earlier post I made.
I have multiple recordings of TG 13466 being referred to as CH4. Whatever that may mean in the larger scheme of things.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I have been looking through the site list and noticed 1.48, 1.67, 1.72, 1.104, 1.129, 1.134, 1.135, 1.136, 1.137, and 1.138. Is that normal to be missing some numbers, or are those likely unfound/unconfirmed sites?

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
In looking through the Site list on the wiki, WASH611 (800), CRAW33, CAMB01, CLEA03, CLEA07, JEFF02, ELCK09, MIFF40, PERR86 (450), and MONY50 (VHF) seem to be the 10 that need to be confirmed.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
In looking through the Site list on the wiki, WASH611 (800), CRAW33, CAMB01, CLEA03, CLEA07, JEFF02, ELCK09, MIFF40, PERR86 (450), and MONY50 (VHF) seem to be the 10 that need to be confirmed.

There is no VHF site at MONY50. I'd be able to hear it if it existed. There is also no MIFF40 site (you have MIFF35 near Lewistown and CENT08 at Little Flat covering that area). I went searching for that back in 2019. CAMB01 is in an area I would expect to have been reported by now if it was online. CAMB01 and MONY50 are on the same license and were licensed for P25 Phase 1 conventional (probably just in case since PSP had converted the PSP Lewistown back up dispatch to an Astro repeater prior to starting the STARNet upgrade project...if they had to replace any other conventional sites, they were going to do P25).

In addition, you have the sites for the ECEN (Columbia/Montour) which are not yet online.

FCC Callsign WQLW316 (Commonwealth of Pennsylvania) This site is DCNR's Irish Ridge Repeater, but it shows odd emission designators now.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
There is no VHF site at MONY50. I'd be able to hear it if it existed. There is also no MIFF40 site (you have MIFF35 near Lewistown and CENT08 at Little Flat covering that area). I went searching for that back in 2019. CAMB01 is in an area I would expect to have been reported by now if it was online. CAMB01 and MONY50 are on the same license and were licensed for P25 Phase 1 conventional (probably just in case since PSP had converted the PSP Lewistown back up dispatch to an Astro repeater prior to starting the STARNet upgrade project...if they had to replace any other conventional sites, they were going to do P25).

I was just going off sites listed in the WIKI. There is a good chance that it may be outdated.

In addition, you have the sites for the ECEN (Columbia/Montour) which are not yet online.

FCC Callsign WQLW316 (Commonwealth of Pennsylvania) This site is DCNR's Irish Ridge Repeater, but it shows odd emission designators now.

I'm not familiar with ECEN. What's that? With that license you put, the emission is for analog, not for P25.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I'm not familiar with ECEN. What's that? With that license you put, the emission is for analog, not for P25.
the name of the regional 911 center that handles both counties
ECEN East Central Emergency Network Columbia/Montour

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I am in the process of creating a new map, s not all of the sites are shown yet. The smaller pins with white circles are the sites on the WIKI or other FCC licenses that haven't been confirmed.

PA STARNet P25 Site Map

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I was just going off sites listed in the WIKI. There is a good chance that it may be outdated.

11K3F3E is the correct designator for DCNR's analog repeaters. I just think somebody put the wrong designators on the frequencies. There might be others like that. I only noticed this one because it shows up in the list of the last 250 FCC licenses issued in Mercer Co. I was looking the other day to see if anything new showed up in that county for STARNet.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
So, this evening, I had RID 40850 show up as "forced" on site 75. I noticed in the wiki that there are two other similar RIDS that have been noted along the way: 40841, 40842.
Tis a puzzler.

Also seems like DCNR Districts 17, 18, and 19 are coming online now. Heard some tests with new RIDS on FD17 today. A few FD19 units have been going on the air with Pike Co and their district office via STARNet.

mrb188

MCKE90 had a lot of traffic from DCNR yesterday testing coverage at Kinzua Bridge and Bendigo State Parks. So far the normal is Warren County emergency services (dispatch still on low band 33.98), PGC to Avis, and DCNR. I haven't been tracking the encrypted ID's as they are there obviously but not worth my time since I can't monitor.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
MCKE90 had a lot of traffic from DCNR yesterday testing coverage at Kinzua Bridge and Bendigo State Parks. So far the normal is Warren County emergency services (dispatch still on low band 33.98), PGC to Avis, and DCNR. I haven't been tracking the encrypted ID's as they are there obviously but not worth my time since I can't monitor.

Thanks for the report. Are you able to clear up the numbering for PGC in that area? The list in the wiki has:

331 - NW McKean
332 - S McKean
333 ? - E McKean/W Potter
334 ? - N Potter
335 ? - S Potter/Leidy Twp in Clinton
336 ? - maybe not in use?

The ones with the question marks are uncertain.

mrb188

Thanks for the report. Are you able to clear up the numbering for PGC in that area? The list in the wiki has:

331 - NW McKean
332 - S McKean
333 ? - E McKean/W Potter
334 ? - N Potter
335 ? - S Potter/Leidy Twp in Clinton
336 ? - maybe not in use?

The ones with the question marks are uncertain.
I will turn recording on and keep watch. I know the one PGC unit I hear quite a bit is 325 on TG 12024. Also hear PennDOT for Warren and Forest counties. Forest main on TG 11436, Warren main on TG 11715, Warren 40 on TG 11718, Warren County Fire Disp 1 on TG 20004, and Warren County Fire Ops 1 on TG 20005.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I will turn recording on and keep watch. I know the one PGC unit I hear quite a bit is 325 on TG 12024. Also hear PennDOT for Warren and Forest counties. Forest main on TG 11436, Warren main on TG 11715, Warren 40 on TG 11718, Warren County Fire Disp 1 on TG 20004, and Warren County Fire Ops 1 on TG 20005.

325 is W Elk Co. 326 is E Elk Co. Most of the NC callsigns seem accurate. Those few in McKean/Potter would be the only ones not confirmed in recent years (since district boundaries have changed around).