PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

meb

Hmm... u mean the same as when the Opensky Radios were installed... Here u go. have a nice day! and no more from any one??

My PEMA Radio was installed quite a while ago --like right at the beginning of COVID shutdowns... no info from PEMA as of today....

Hell they haven't even told us that the Opensky Radios are useless.... Only way we know is all of them once power up never go past the "Please Login" message....
First big job I work on the Boss told me I would do the training for users they would call to set up dates. That was 1989, Still waiting for a call.

KB3ZI

Columbia county is now on the new p25 system…however all their old frequencies fro the old system are still part of the listing….so when you load from zip code all those old frequencies are still loaded and slow scan down a bit…how do they get removed?

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Columbia county is now on the new p25 system…however all their old frequencies fro the old system are still part of the listing….so when you load from zip code all those old frequencies are still loaded and slow scan down a bit…how do they get removed?
Well they are still valid and active, so would not be appropriate to remove from database yet. You should create a favorites list instead of scanning full db that way you can omit them.

KB3ZI

Well they are still valid and active, so would not be appropriate to remove from database yet. You should create a favorites list instead of scanning full db that way you can omit them.
I don’t scan them I was trying to alert other listeners…they are not active because they were an analog system and are not used….so let’s see them deleted…same goes for Bloom U…..they have been exclusively dmr for quite some time but radio reference lists the lyrics frees…enough said and no need for a reply

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
I don’t scan them I was trying to alert other listeners…they are not active because they were an analog system and are not used….so let’s see them deleted…same goes for Bloom U…..they have been exclusively dmr for quite some time but radio reference lists the lyrics frees…enough said and no need for a reply
I misunderstood your original statement.
Use the “Submit Changes” link at the top of county’s page to let admin know these are no longer active.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
There's no rush to delete frequencies when the licenses are still active and future use uncertain. From the ECEN listing on the STARNet DB page: "Conventional VHF is still available for fireground or other short range ops."

Quite often old resources in place will be reused for other purposes and leaving the old entries in the DB for awhile allows the chance that someone will hear that use so we can update descriptions to reflect that. The milliseconds lost scanning a few extra frequencies is of no consequence and to those who just can't stomach it that's what favorites lists are for.

It really takes having a local insider to be able to say with certainty that the radios have all been removed and repeaters all turned off and no leftover radios have been donated to the local school/etc to use on talkaround. Sometimes we get that, sometimes not.

LGolder

Feed Provider
As someone that runs with departments in Columbia (ECEN) and surrounding counties analog police frequencies can be deleted but fire frequencies need to stick around, they are used as out of county patches into the P25 system.

bearcat

I caught a couple of new DCNR TGs this morning doing radio checks. 12771 which was referred to as South Ops and 12773 which was not identified. They were doing radio tests and the UIDs were from the DCNR group. The 12773 is listed in the TG research list as unknown, 12771 is not in the list at all. They also referred to TAC 1 Direct which I did not hear. I would think that would be a simplex freq. This activity was on the Connellsville/Fayette site. I do not feel there is enough info to submit these to the RRDB.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I caught a couple of new DCNR TGs this morning doing radio checks. 12771 which was referred to as South Ops and 12773 which was not identified. They were doing radio tests and the UIDs were from the DCNR group. The 12773 is listed in the TG research list as unknown, 12771 is not in the list at all. They also referred to TAC 1 Direct which I did not hear. I would think that would be a simplex freq. This activity was on the Connellsville/Fayette site. I do not feel there is enough info to submit these to the RRDB.

I've been logging 12773 for several days now. Today was the first I recorded any transmissions. TG 12773 has been referenced as "WEST". I had no idea what the "SOUTH" TG is, I'll add 12771 and will see.

bearcat

I've been logging 12773 for several days now. Today was the first I recorded any transmissions. TG 12773 has been referenced as "WEST". I had no idea what the "SOUTH" TG is, I'll add 12771 and will see.
Just curious which site did you hear them on? I am thinking these maybe a Forest District or Fire personnel. Just a guess.

talviar

Just curious which site did you hear them on? I am thinking these maybe a Forest District or Fire personnel. Just a guess.
based on the reference of Sugarloaf Trail... that is DCNR.... but will be Ohiopyle State Park. Forestry does not normally go there unless requested by Ohiopyle State Park for assistance and generally only during forest fires (which there are none there currently).

Only other state agency that might be on Sugarloaf Trail for any reason would be Game Commission.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I was on the east side of Chambersburg yesterday near US30 and I-81 where the control channel for the Upper Strasburg site (151.385) was getting blown up by regular pulses of energy on a frequency maybe .25 MHz above it. The pulses were roughly every 10 seconds and lasted for a few seconds. It completely disrupted the decoding by UT2 / RTL-SDR connected to a 800MHz blade antenna stuck to the window of my car. Very strong local interference. Not sure what commercial devices operate in that range,

BM82557

I was on the east side of Chambersburg yesterday near US30 and I-81 where the control channel for the Upper Strasburg site (151.385) was getting blown up by regular pulses of energy on a frequency maybe .25 MHz above it. The pulses were roughly every 10 seconds and lasted for a few seconds. It completely disrupted the decoding by UT2 / RTL-SDR connected to a 800MHz blade antenna stuck to the window of my car. Very strong local interference. Not sure what commercial devices operate in that range,

Maybe from Virginia STARS site 1.8 CC on 151.3925, at my location they are about equal strength and can cause decoding issues --

Screenshot - 1_7_2023 , 11_48_27 AM.png