PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Activity today on Connellsville Site at Ohiopyle State Park on TG 5001 UIDs 48xxx. I have never seen any of those UIDs nor this TG.
Any ideas?
UID 45xxx-49xxx are Fayette ICORRS ID'S. I'd have to look at my list to see who the 48xxx ones are

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
Are all the state parks on the new P25?
I can not speak for all state parks, but Blue Knob, Shawnee (Bedford County) and Prince Gallitzin (Cambria County) are using legacy frequencies.
All the District 4 State Parks (Linn Run, Laurel Hill, etc.) are on STARNet now. They still have access to the conventional analog repeaters in their radios, but at least as far as Somerset County, they are operating primarily on the trunked system. The rangers are utilizing NR Ranger 04 for day-to-day comms, which is an encrypted talkgroup.

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
So TG 5001 is possibly an ICORRS PATCH to Starnet.
I've been trying to figure this out myself. We have an ISSI connection now between ICORRS and STARNet, and on my SDR at home which monitors the state system, I routinely see transmissions on STARNet appearing as patched calls. I've been wondering whether it's an indication of the ISSI operating, but I don't know enough about that particular interface to confirm that.

This is a screenshot of the activity on the WEST03 STARNet site:
1685821196641.png

And this one is SOME06:
1685821253662.png

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
I've added some tables to the STARNet Wiki page for DOH talkgroups. I'm going to update the wiki with my guesses for the talkgroup IDs based upon the tables (which came from a printout at one of my local hospitals), but I'm not sure how to get confirmation of any of these.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
This is a very generalized point, but typically with ASTRO 25 systems, MSI likes to configure the temporary working user ID's (WUID) for ISSI roamers in the 167xxxxx range. If you see a UID in that high a range on STARNet, it's likely coming over the ISSI or is a subscriber from a foreign system that has roamed to STARNet.

Likewise, temporary ISSI talkgroups can often be found in the 65xxx range, although all of this is configurable. Two systems I'm familiar with, for example, have TGID range 61000-65535 reserved for ISSI.

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
This is a very generalized point, but typically with ASTRO 25 systems, MSI likes to configure the temporary working user ID's (WUID) for ISSI roamers in the 167xxxxx range. If you see a UID in that high a range on STARNet, it's likely coming over the ISSI or is a subscriber from a foreign system that has roamed to STARNet.

Likewise, temporary ISSI talkgroups can often be found in the 65xxx range, although all of this is configurable. Two systems I'm familiar with, for example, have TGID range 61000-65535 reserved for ISSI.
Understood. Right now, ISSI is only configured to allow STARNet subscribers to communicate with the ICORRS counties via assigned ISSI talkgroups which are programmed into selected STARNet subscribers, and which will only ever be on the consoles on the ICORRS side, for console patching to ICORRS talkgroups as the need arises. I believe PSP in Greensburg is also configured so that their subscribers can roam onto ICORRS, but that is the only roaming that would be happening at this point. ICORRS subscribers will never be permitted to roam onto STARNet infrastructure due to the channel capacity limitations of the state's system.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I’ve seen 65XXX talkgroups pop up on icorrs so I assumed they were a patch over from starnet. And encrypted.

bearcat

I've been trying to figure this out myself. We have an ISSI connection now between ICORRS and STARNet, and on my SDR at home which monitors the state system, I routinely see transmissions on STARNet appearing as patched calls. I've been wondering whether it's an indication of the ISSI operating, but I don't know enough about that particular interface to confirm that.

This is a screenshot of the activity on the WEST03 STARNet site:
View attachment 143019

And this one is SOME06:
View attachment 143020
Just to clarify. On TG 5001 I was hearing the conversations in the clear, between Fayette Fire/EMS, DCNR and a PSP unit.
On those TG 65xxx ICORRS patches I see the TG pop up on ICORRS but never hear any conversation (of course all PSP traffic is ENC)
The next time I see TG 5001, I am going to check ICORRS - Fayette. I expect to hear the same traffic there (??) I wonder what TG they switch to on ICORRS? Of course this is all speculation at this point.

talviar

Just to clarify. On TG 5001 I was hearing the conversations in the clear, between Fayette Fire/EMS, DCNR and a PSP unit.
On those TG 65xxx ICORRS patches I see the TG pop up on ICORRS but never hear any conversation (of course all PSP traffic is ENC)
The next time I see TG 5001, I am going to check ICORRS - Fayette. I expect to hear the same traffic there (??) I wonder what TG they switch to on ICORRS? Of course this is all speculation at this point.
Read this statement carefully and repeatedly....

"and which will only ever be on the consoles on the ICORRS side, for console patching to ICORRS talkgroups as the need arises"

the only time u will ever hear traffic from a state unit on the ICORRS side for Fayette County is if the talkgroup they are contacting 911 on is crosspatched to any of the current existing talkgroups for Fire/EMS or Police. There is no equivalent talkgroup mapped to match the State ISSI ICORRS Interop TG's......

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
All the District 4 State Parks (Linn Run, Laurel Hill, etc.) are on STARNet now. They still have access to the conventional analog repeaters in their radios, but at least as far as Somerset County, they are operating primarily on the trunked system. The rangers are utilizing NR Ranger 04 for day-to-day comms, which is an encrypted talkgroup.
Presque Isle State Park (District 14) in Erie County is on STARNET now. Rangers are encrypted - don't really understand why that's necessary? They have abandoned their previous VHF frequencies, which always worked well for them.

Mogley

Premium Subscriber
Presque Isle State Park (District 14) in Erie County is on STARNET now. Rangers are encrypted - don't really understand why that's necessary? They have abandoned their previous VHF frequencies, which always worked well for them.
Same with Erie itself. We wanna be able to hear pd for accountability and transparency but we can't.

KC3AWP

Feed Provider
anyone know when Lycoming county is switching or even central also known as union Snyder counties
Lycoming County is anywhere from 2-4 years out. There is still some minor upgrades taking place and some shuffling of frequencies. Its also going to take time for some departments to be P25 ready. Should be nicely done though once complete!

Firemandakota87

Premium Subscriber
Lycoming County is anywhere from 2-4 years out. There is still some minor upgrades taking place and some shuffling of frequencies. Its also going to take time for some departments to be P25 ready. Should be nicely done though once complete!
i got family that lives up that way thats why i asked i have a unication g3 that dose dual band and i listen to up that way hoping that keep vhf for p25 and not go 800mhz