PA Statewide P25 Phase 2 System

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
it will be good to hear the starnet system in the milford-matamoras area

I wouldn't expect to hear a whole lot. The site is intended to provide coverage in and around the county courthouse. Probably mostly going to be PSP troopers and game wardens affiliating with it and they're encrypted anyway. Best of luck. I'm curious to see how far away it'll be receivable.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
it will be good to hear the starnet system in the milford-matamoras area
You'll hear some PennDOT activity, that's about it. Everything else is either encrypted or will be carried primarily on the Dingmans Ferry site.

jlanderson

Judging by this license, WQUG532 it seems like Site 1.104 may be the McKean Simulcast Site. The Bradford site was licensed to ATA, but it looks like they transitioned it over to the state.

I'm curious if Site 3.2 is in the Port Allegheny or Smethport area to provide coverage to that part of McKean County? There is a State owned tower and a County owned tower in that area.

MCKE01a: 41°48'32"N 78°22'06"W
Yes, the ATA site is the McKean Simulcast site. ATA still owns the tower itself.

I'm not aware yet of any equipment going on either of the state towers (they have two side-by-side - literally 20' apart) or the County tower up the hill from the state site between Port Allegany and Smethport.

mrb188

McKean County Fire / EMS TGID

20100 - Countywide Response Channel

20101 - East Ops 2
20102 - East Ops 3
20103 - East Ops 4
20104 - East Tac 5
20105 - East Direct

20106 - North Ops 2
20107 - North Ops 3
20108 - North Ops 4
20109 - North Tac 5
20110 - North Direct

20111 - South Ops 2
20112 - South Ops 3
20113 - South Ops 4
20114 - South Tac 5
20115 - South Direct

20116 - Countywide Public Safety (Fire / EMS to Law)

McKean County TGID Zone Map 2.png

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
McKean County Fire / EMS TGID

20100 - Countywide Response Channel

20101 - East Ops 2
20102 - East Ops 3
20103 - East Ops 4
20104 - East Tac 5
20105 - East Direct

20106 - North Ops 2
20107 - North Ops 3
20108 - North Ops 4
20109 - North Tac 5
20110 - North Direct

20111 - South Ops 2
20112 - South Ops 3
20113 - South Ops 4
20114 - South Tac 5
20115 - South Direct

20116 - Countywide Public Safety (Fire / EMS to Law)

McKean isn't the only place to have done this, but why are there talkgroups named "direct"? To me, a "direct" channel would be something off-network that allows short range comms regardless of network connectivity. It bugs me when this term and "talk-around" are used on talkgroups.

Will these talkgroups above be shared for fire and ems? Interesting that there are 17 of them when zones are typically set up for 16 channels. I'm curious how the radios are zoned and whether any simplex channels will be employed.

Any word on the law enforcement talkgroups, yet? I understand they'll be encrypted.

mrb188

McKean isn't the only place to have done this, but why are there talkgroups named "direct"? To me, a "direct" channel would be something off-network that allows short range comms regardless of network connectivity. It bugs me when this term and "talk-around" are used on talkgroups.

Will these talkgroups above be shared for fire and ems? Interesting that there are 17 of them when zones are typically set up for 16 channels. I'm curious how the radios are zoned and whether any simplex channels will be employed.

Any word on the law enforcement talkgroups, yet? I understand they'll be encrypted.
The talkgroups are shared for fire and ems. There are additional channels in the zones however they are analog so I did not list those. I will add those as well later when I have a few moments. Law enforcement will be encrypted however I do not have any info for those TGID's yet.

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
The SE quadrant of the county around Blossburg would make the most sense. Big gap between existing sites with Rt 15 passing through.

Then it might show up on LYCO15. I'll go up on Mt. Pisgah this pm and see if I can get a reading. I'll also see if their making any progress on our new 180 Foot tower. It doesn't show Up on BRAD41.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
TG13108 is a DOH channel "on 2"
They did radio checks and then said "Switch to Secure". The same RID came up ENC on 13110

Both heard on Broadcastify Calls
RID1: 1674278

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin

When someone who has never used trunking is asked to name the channels...

Direct to the site receiver, direct through the trunking controller, direct out the transmitter, direct to the the listening radio. Just like every other talkgroup. :ROFLMAO:

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Yeah I was semi-simplifying. Depending on radio programming those might be mis-named ATG groups. Either way it still makes no sense as they go DIRECTly through the same path and hardware as any other talk group.

We have the old Motorola simplex freq licensed here in my county as a direct channel. Direct from one radio to the other with no system in between. WV SIRN seems to have one county with a couple UHF simplex licenses that are getting co-opted statewide despite the FCC license showing a much smaller licensed range.