• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Potential dumb question about mounting my Stryker AR10 magnetic mount CB antenna

merlin

The black plastic keeps the mount from scratching paint, leave it in place.
Should be a large metal washer stuck to it, that is for shipping (storage) remove that.
Don't need metal to metal, the capacitive coupling at RF frequencies sees that short.

niceguy71

The black plastic keeps the mount from scratching paint, leave it in place.
Should be a large metal washer stuck to it, that is for shipping (storage) remove that.
Don't need metal to metal, the capacitive coupling at RF frequencies sees that short.
you sound like you know this first hand? do you own a Stryker? I never see anyone on RadioReference speak of the Stryker, even though I hear great things about it.

HartB

The underside of that black plastic is foil and is required to help that capacitive coupling for “grounding”. Do not remove it unless you want marred paint and swr/ground issues. I know this because I helped the head puppet at Stryker redesign the internals of the coil after they had major issues with water leaking into the coil and causing shorts resulting in radio damage. They tried to copy a Wilson 5000 but had the tap for the coil shunt messed up. The current version coil can be opened allowing adjustment of the ground shunt on the coil. Unless you have the equipment to do so I don’t recommend adjusting this. It is set for optimal 11m performance as is. This little feature and the plastic foil liner covering the magnet were nice improvements. Then he added the blue light gizmo after the fact because the more chrome and lights it has the better it is for cb sales.

ind224

A Wilson 5000 has a separate foil and protector and a repair kit that comes with the foil and protector. Plus, unlike a K40 it is easily field serviceable with bolted assembly not a rivet. I have used the repair kit foil and protector for my many over the years RS 20-032 scanner antennas as well.