PRO-106 occasionally no audio with Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywavesli

Hi,

I just bought my PRO-106 and programmed it with WIN500 using RadioReference.

I'm monitoring a Motorola Type II APCO25/analog mix trunking system. Everything works fine however, occasionally a APCO25 talkgroup will come on but there's no audio. The transmission lasts long enough to make it seem like there could be someone talking.

Anyone experience this? Any clues?

Thanks for the help in advance!

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Which particular site?

Sounds like the bandplan might not be set with correct base, step, and/or offset.

You may want to post in the California section as well.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Which particular site?

Sounds like the bandplan might not be set with correct base, step, and/or offset.

You may want to post in the California section as well.

That's where I was going with this. I'd triple-check the programming.

skywavesli

That's where I was going with this. I'd triple-check the programming.

I'm monitoring Culver City.

It's only happens sporadically and was thinking that it might just be radio accidentally keying up. However, it's always completed muted.

Also, I've noticed a couple times that when I'm monitoring the PD talkgroup (which is APCO25), sometimes an analog talkgroup will briefly mix in (and sometimes its data transmissions). Any idea why that would occur? Could it be related?

The software downloaded directly from the RadioReference database so I assume everything should be programmed correct. But I double checked and it matches everything on the ICIS webpage. For system frequencies I have both the Culver City primary and alternate control frequencies programmed in. For the trunking table, I have the base freq (481.550MHz), offset (500), step (12.5), Lo Chan (500), Hi Chan (65535).

Should I double post this in the California section? Or, delete this and post there?

Thanks for the help!

jfhtm350

Well I started to post a standard trunking table until I saw yours is 400Mhz, so will do you no good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.