PRO 163 MULTI-TABLE and rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

upt1me

I'm fairly new to the whole trunking tech. I have a PRO 163 and would like to program in the local county TRS. I have programmed in the control channels and receiving transmissions.

FW Version 1.08

Sheboygan County Trunking System, Sheboygan, Wisconsin - Scanner Frequencies

The system is "rebanded" and after reading around on here I am under the impression that I need to use software and programming cable to enter the multi-table.

However I found a option which is not documented in the manual and think it is for programming the multi table without the scanner.

The secret menu can be found by PGM - TRUNK - FNC - 2
It asks for 3 sets of { Base, Offset, Step }

If this what I need to program in the rebanded system, what values do I need for those settings?

upt1me

Please disregard the above. It is indeed in the manual. I've come to the conclusion that the only way to enter the multi-table is via the cable. Is there anywhere that explains these values. I have read both the wikipages on trunking and rebranding.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Please disregard the above. It is indeed in the manual. I've come to the conclusion that the only way to enter the multi-table is via the cable. Is there anywhere that explains these values. I have read both the wikipages on trunking and rebranding.

The short answer is Motorola uses channel numbers and the table remaps the channel numbers 440 and above to the new frequency assignments

billwilliams

First let me say, I am In no way an expert. however i just did the reband on my 163 and 164,

Download the win97 software i think you can search for starrsoft or find a link for RR .
get the cable from radio shack, it makes programming the scanner much better than doing it by hand.

make sure you use the new rebanded freqs. then do this

Select the bank you are using for the system.

In the MOT 800 MHZ box select Milti-table.

This will allow you to select the Extended Tables button just below.

Under Standard Band Plans select "800 MHZ "Rebanded""

save and download to your scanner...

if you need further assistance, i suggest you contact Doug. KC5EIB he is a member of the RR.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
. .Base Freq (Lower) Base Freq (Upper) Offset Spacing
1 851.0250MHz....... 854.0000MHz............ 440.... 25 kHz
2 851.0125MHz....... 868.9875MHz................. 0.... 25 kHz

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PSR-300 & PRO-164 & rebanding

... The system is "rebanded" and after reading around on here I am under the impression that I need to use software and programming cable to enter the multi-table.

However I found a option which is not documented in the manual and think it is for programming the multi table without the scanner.

If this what I need to program in the rebanded system, what values do I need for those settings?
The selection you outline above is for Motorola trunked systems in the 450 MHz band, not the 800 MHz band. I don't understand why the scanner firmware was not written to use this same table for both, but it wasn't.

And as I found out with my PSR-300, there is apparently no way to access the 800 MHz multi-table settings from the scanner. This one upsets me because I like to be able to all of my programming by hand, so I can make changes w/o a computer. I was told the multi-table setting can only be accessed by software. Another firmware limitation. This ability should be added to the next firmware release and is far more important than the "beep" and display options they changed in the most recent release (v1.08).

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Look at the first post in this forum, RS Stickies, use the "tables for the PRO96/2096 as they will work...You may only need the first two rows....

Status
Not open for further replies.