Pro-163 Trunking Set Up Complications

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPCExplorers

I have a Radio Shack Pro-163 Triple Trunking Mobile Scanner and I am having trouble getting some banks set up as Trunking or defined as Trunking what ever you want to call it. I use ARC 300 software to program the scanner and get all my frequency from the Radio Reference data base. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am willing to Skype, E-mail, Phone or IM to get the the situation fixed.

shadcall

I took a look at Posey Co. They have a number of talkgroups on the Project Hoosier Safe-T network which are digital and cannot be monitored on a Pro 163.

I'm not sure all what you are trying to monitor. When I looked at your country on my copy of ARC300 and the RR database the only trunked systems they had was Abengoa Bioenerby which is Motorbro and can't be monitored with just a scanner (there is a program that allows you to monitor this type of system on a computer running Linux) and the other was Bristol Meyers Squibb.

There is a number of conventional frequencies you can monitor. You can put these in one bank. If you want to listen to Bristol Meyers you can put that in another bank. There may be something analog in Project Hoosier talkgroups you are near and can listen to and those can be put in other banks. Just remember to choose what bank you want to put something in.

Shadcall
Pro 106 Pro 163 Pro 164 Pro 62 Pro 2027
DX-390

NPCExplorers

Well actually I am not worried about Posey County, I am trying to get Evansville Public Safety EDACS, on my scanner. Well West Side Frequencies once programmed into my scanner it will scan with the trunking mode on or what ever you want to call it. Well East side frequencies once programed into the scanner will not scanning trunking mode even though trunking settings are all set up correctly. Well like i said the west side works, well I turned my scanner off last night turned it on this morning and it is no longer scanning in trunking mode? What in the world is going on?

N8IAA

Well actually I am not worried about Posey County, I am trying to get Evansville Public Safety EDACS, on my scanner. Well West Side Frequencies once programmed into my scanner it will scan with the trunking mode on or what ever you want to call it. Well East side frequencies once programed into the scanner will not scanning trunking mode even though trunking settings are all set up correctly. Well like i said the west side works, well I turned my scanner off last night turned it on this morning and it is no longer scanning in trunking mode? What in the world is going on?

Hopefully, you don't have both East and West set up in the same bank. EDACS won't work that way. Are you starting in X01 channel, not X00 channel? EDACS needs to start in 01, always. Are you using all frequencies? Is the bank set up in ED? Are the frequencies set up in ED? Has the radio firmware been updated to the latest?
Just wondering,
Larry

NPCExplorers

Hopefully, you don't have both East and West set up in the same bank. EDACS won't work that way. Are you starting in X01 channel, not X00 channel? EDACS needs to start in 01, always. Are you using all frequencies? Is the bank set up in ED? Are the frequencies set up in ED? Has the radio firmware been updated to the latest?
Just wondering,
Larry
Everything you said I have set up correctly and I just updated the firmware from 1.07 to 1.08 and Yes the feqs are in different banks. Still trunk scanning wont kick in for the bank with the East side frequencies.

N8IAA

Everything you said I have set up correctly and I just updated the firmware from 1.07 to 1.08 and Yes the feqs are in different banks. Still trunk scanning wont kick in for the bank with the East side frequencies.

This may be a good time to take the question to the Indiana state forum. There might be someone in your area that can give guidance in how to program the scanner:)
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.