I'm not sure what your trying to do, what system is it, are you looking at Programming Fleetmaps they aren't needed for a Type II. We can't help you if your telling us what system your trying to program.
State, County, locality or the link to the system in the database would be helpful.
That's where you will find the TGIDs
OK now were getting somewhere is this the system you want to program http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=676
If it is simply follow these steps.
Part 1 is for the frequencies, part 2 is for theTGIDs, part 3 if you want to put in text tags.
Pro-97 Cheat Sheet Part 1
Storing known trunked frequencies
1. Press MANual, Press three digits to get the bank and channel number desired then Press
MANual again. (Upper left should read Mxxx for your bank and channel number)
2. Press PGM, (upper left should change from M to P)
3. Press TRUNK
4. Press MODE to Mot/ED*/LT* depending on system. For Slidel it's Mot use Standard in 4a
4a. On Motorola 800 MHz systems press Func then 3 and choose either Standard or Splinter (for border areas)
5. Press PGM
6. Enter the frequency
7. Press Enter
8. Repeat steps 5 through 8 until all frequencies are entered in selected bank.
* EDACS & LTR systems must be programmed in Logical Channel Number (LCN) order.
* Be sure to begin programming EDACS or LTR frequencies in channel 1 not channel 0.
Leave channel 0 blank.
Note: if frequency Alpha Tags are desired, use step 3 through 5 in Storing known Text Tags
below between step 7 & 8 above.
Storing known Talkgroup ID’s
1. Press PGM
2. Press TRUNK
3. Enter the 5 digit for Mot, or 4 digit/AFS X-XXX for ED, or AFS X-XX-XXX for LTR.
4. Press ENTER
5. Press Up button
6. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 until all are entered.
Note: if TG Alpha Tags are desired, use step 3 through 5 in Storing known Text Tags below
between step 4 & 5 above.
Storing known Text Tags
1. Navigate to the bank with the trunked system.
2. Press PGM then TRUNK, then navigate up/down to the first ID to tag.
3. Press Text, the cursor appears on line 3.
4. Using the numbered keys text in the line up to 16 characters. The letters above each
number will help in the selection. Example, POLICE DISPATCH (15 characters counting the space)
The first letter is P, Press the number 7 then the number 1 for P. (7 will open the four
numbers PQRS and by selecting 1 is for the first of these four. A 7 then 2 would get the
letter Q. Press up or down to move the courser back and fourth or to correct a mistake.
5. Press Enter
A chart in the Owners Manual may be used for other options.