TRX-1: Programming help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnniehrvy

This may have been ask before, if so I apologize I’m new.

I purchased a Whistler TRX-1 few months ago and as much as I love it, I struggle to get it programmed right. I have the software installed and did all that, and used the zip code thing to program my area but the problem seems to be that it scans so much that it takes forever to get back to the things I like to listen to like Police, fire and ems. I’m sure there is a way to cut a lot if this out, but I am struggling to figure it out. Does anyone know of a company or person I could go through online or to send my scanner to have it programmed where they could remove a lot of the stuff I don’t listen to, or someone that could teach me how to do it? Thanks in advance.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
This may have been ask before, if so I apologize I’m new.

I purchased a Whistler TRX-1 few months ago and as much as I love it, I struggle to get it programmed right. I have the software installed and did all that, and used the zip code thing to program my area but the problem seems to be that it scans so much that it takes forever to get back to the things I like to listen to like Police, fire and ems. I’m sure there is a way to cut a lot if this out, but I am struggling to figure it out. Does anyone know of a company or person I could go through online or to send my scanner to have it programmed where they could remove a lot of the stuff I don’t listen to, or someone that could teach me how to do it? Thanks in advance.

Brownstown is using the Downriver Mutual Aid (Project 25) Radio System

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7219

If you use EZ Scan you can add this system and select only the talk groups you want to hear. I would suggest using the PREFERRED method for adding the system rather than zip code/state/city methods. After you add this you can use the EZ Scan to delete other systems/frequencies you do not want.

Alternately, you can add the individual talk groups to separate scan lists and turn them on/off as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.