SDR# Plug-in: Frequency Manager (FreqMan) updated

hamradionl

SDR# 1910
plugin and like n manual use the magic line
Scan function missing?

plugin FREQman give this error

Config Key 'Frequency Manager'
Type 'SDRSharp.FreqMan.FreqManPlugin, SDRSharp.FreqMan, Version=1.1.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
Message 'An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Frequency Manager'
Stack Trace
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior)
at SDRSharp.MainForm.InitializeSharpPlugins()

Last edited:

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
SDR# 1910
plugin and like n manual use the magic line
Scan function missing?

plugin FREQman give this error

Config Key 'Frequency Manager'
Type 'SDRSharp.FreqMan.FreqManPlugin, SDRSharp.FreqMan, Version=1.1.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
Message 'An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Frequency Manager'
Stack Trace
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryInsert(TKey key, TValue value, InsertionBehavior behavior)
at SDRSharp.MainForm.InitializeSharpPlugins()
Regular or community version?
Regular 1910, I have the SDRSharp.FreqMan.dll in the plugins folder, no Plugins.xml edits

hamradionl

Have you done all as instructed on page 3 ? (See text in red)
Thank you,
Did u full fresh install, that seem solve the message
untill today for myself always used SDR#1700. Now make a USB stick for someone else using the latest version

Last edited:

digiman1

Been playing about with this for a few days now but I am not having much luck.
I am using SDR# 1910 with the latest version of this plugin.. I am able to get it working fine but after an hour or so it just stops receiving stuff, it's almost like the dongle is stuck, I can see the scanner flicking through my saved frequencies but the spectrum/waterfall is just showing a single spike from a local repeater so it seems the scanner is working fine but the sdr isn't

Now, when I disable a scan and just sit in a local repeater or whatever it works fine, I am able to use SDR for hours on end without any issues.
Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't seen much mention of issues with this plugin so I am thinking it's my PC possibly.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
Been playing about with this for a few days now but I am not having much luck.
I am using SDR# 1910 with the latest version of this plugin.. I am able to get it working fine but after an hour or so it just stops receiving stuff, it's almost like the dongle is stuck, I can see the scanner flicking through my saved frequencies but the spectrum/waterfall is just showing a single spike from a local repeater so it seems the scanner is working fine but the sdr isn't

Now, when I disable a scan and just sit in a local repeater or whatever it works fine, I am able to use SDR for hours on end without any issues.
Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't seen much mention of issues with this plugin so I am thinking it's my PC possibly.
There are nays and yays, it works for me, no more having to stop start sdrsharp, no hanging in the spectrum

digiman1

There are nays and yays, it works for me, no more having to stop start sdrsharp, no hanging in the spectrum
I had never heard of this, thank you.. Although I downloaded everything, I can see all the DLLs downloaded but there is no rtlsdr.dll? am I missing something or should I use the usual rtlsdr.dll?

EDIT: Ignore me, it is working now.. I will give this a whirl and see how it holds up. Thanks again.

CaptainNemo

Hi everybody. I'm using FreqMan 1.1.9.0 with sdrsharp 1913.
As far as I can see this plugin work with the frequencies.xml located in the same folder of sdrsharp.exe

Is there any chance to point a file in an other location?

With the "original" FreqMan "embedded" in sdrsharp you can point to a specific file editing an entry in SDRSharp.config
<add key="plugin.frequencymanager.database" value="Frequencies.xml" />

If you set value="<path>\Frequencies.xml" you work with the file in the <path> you like.

Any chance to do the same with FreqMan 1.1.9.x ?
No need for an extra key, it's ok if FreqMan 1.1.9.x read that key...

Thanks in advance!
gio'

radiostationx

Hi everybody. I'm using FreqMan 1.1.9.0 with sdrsharp 1913.
As far as I can see this plugin work with the frequencies.xml located in the same folder of sdrsharp.exe

Is there any chance to point a file in an other location?

With the "original" FreqMan "embedded" in sdrsharp you can point to a specific file editing an entry in SDRSharp.config
<add key="plugin.frequencymanager.database" value="Frequencies.xml" />

If you set value="<path>\Frequencies.xml" you work with the file in the <path> you like.

Any chance to do the same with FreqMan 1.1.9.x ?
No need for an extra key, it's ok if FreqMan 1.1.9.x read that key...

Thanks in advance!
gio'
Freqman v1.1.9.0 was released in June 2022 , at the time SDR# was on around v1806.
I take it that you followed the instructions in the user guide for Freqman ?

Attachments

• freqman19.png
    freqman19.png
    64 KB · Views: 20

CaptainNemo

Thank you very much for your answer.
No, I have installed FreqMan 1.1.9.0 according to the "new" plugin structure for sdrsharp ("new" means from sdrsharp 1801 on)
That new way says more or less
-- ...mysdrsharpfolder\bin\ ... here go sdrsharp.exe and other stuff
-- ...mysdrsharpfolder\plugins\ ... here go all your plugins
-- no need to edit the plugins.xml
I followed this rule. And FreqMan 1.1.9.0 works perfectly well that way.

My post was about:
<<how to tell to FreqMan 1.1.9.0 to read frequencies.xml in a location that I like? Is it possible? How?>>

I'll try to follow the guide you post and see if it solve my need.
Tnx agn
gio'

hamradionl

You can't.

SDR# root folder is where it's has always been located and it is where other plug-ins that use it expect to find it.

Latest version (v1.1.7.1) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here
For the scanner, use a other name like frequencies-scan.xml so be possible to location file in other DiR .... sorry map. just idea ? Or program the function to save/store as normal or in external file location.

M7THW

Is 1.1.7.1 the recommended version? Or 1.1.9.0?
Is there a hash to for 1.1.9.0?
Thanks

thewraith2008

Is 1.1.7.1 the recommended version? Or 1.1.9.0?
Always the latest version (that is v1.1.9.0 at time of post)
The plug-in changes are generally bug fixes that should not be ignored.
  • See the changelog.txt

The hash for v1.1.9.0 (DLL) is provided in the changelog.txt.
The archive (FreqMan_v1.1.9.0.7z) MD5 hash is: 935353a578d3ff7bd80e45d6b2c8eb69
There was no release post for versions after v1.1.7.1 as these were minor releases.

Latest version (v1.1.9.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
NOTE: Use 7zip or WinRAR to extract files from the .7z file and read the .txt/.pdf files for installation and usage of files with SDR#.

digiman1

Is there a 'Now Playing' setting for Frequency Manager when scanning?

I am streaming my audio via Zello to listen to while out and about.. I would like the current playing channel (Name and Frequency) to be loaded into a file, something that I can then work with using Powershell to send the now playing file text across to a web page. I do something similar with TTT and Tetra.

nj3h

Hello The Wraith,

Thank you for your FreqMan Plugin. I am in the process of getting things the way I had it over a year ago. I have version 1919 of SDR# and 1.1.9.0 of FreqMan.

I have entered 5 GMRS frequencies as a test, including channel 4 (462.6375 MHz) and 4 other channels in the 462 MHz area). As you can see in the attached picture, the system is scanning. However when I transmit on ch 4 with a handi-talkie, the carrier shows up on the screen, but the scanner does not stop. - it just keeps scanning. I have tried squelch from 0 to 100 and the setting makes no difference. By the way, at a setting of 33, the audio is not squelched and I hear static.

Without the scanner running, and the radio set on ch 4, I do hear my own audio.

Could you help me resolve this issue?

Another comment. I was trying the scanner that comes with SDRuno. What i noticed happening was when I transmitted on ch 4 as a test, their scanner stops just slightly lower than ch 4 (actually ch 18). That scanner sees the low end of the ch 4 signal and stops prior to the actual CENTER frequency. The only way I can stop that from happening is to lower the squelch to -120 db. The problem is that any weak signals are not stopped on. This channel like FreqMan is supposed to stop on discrete frequencies (which I guess it is, except for the correct one due to channels being so close together). My handie-talkie antenna is 70 feet from my receive antenna.
So another question, will FreqMan act the same way.

Thank you for any help you can provide me.

Regards,
George
Redmond, Oregon

nj3h

Skip the above message. I got things working. I stops on the center frequency. Yeah!

One question, is there a way to sort the frequency list as display on the screen? I would like to be able to sort the list by frequency if possible. I guess I could be careful and edit the frequencies file, but .....

Thanks again for a wonderful plugin.

George