SDR# Plug-in: Frequency Manager (FreqMan) updated

CaptainNemo

UUUhhh I can't and I won't speak on behalf of others... nevertheless yes, I think it's a general requirement and a big functionality advance.

This will unlock a lot of possibilities. You will be able to:
-A- "classify" your entry from two point of view (e.g. on point maybe GroupName for "tx mode" e.g. "FSK", "FAX", the other point may be GroupName2 for the "organization type" responsible for the transmission e.g. "MILITARY", "CIVIL"...)
AND
-B- "classify" and "subclassify" (e.g. GroupName "MARITIME", GroupName2 "VOICE", GroupName2 "DSC" ...)
AND
-C- reduce the number of entry in scope while having an other level of filtering available (e.g. GroupName="HF", GroupName="VHF",
so when you use a dongle only capable of VHF you filter on GroupName="VHF" get rid of all HF entries, still having a way to select let say
GroupName2="AIR" or GroupName2="MAR" ...)
-D- ... ... ...

GroupName and GroupName2 both will have a special entry [All Groups] meaning: do not filter on this tag.

1634560267401.png

Of course, these are only "words" and I understand the effort a programmer must do to add a feature...
I don't know the internals of this plugin, maybe this is a viable effort, maybe not.
So, listen also what other people say.

Thank you very much.
Best whishes, stay safe.
gio'

Btw just as "curriculum": it was me to ask/suggest Vasili to add the <Comment /> entry and management...

thewraith2008

Suggestions are always welcome but this does not mean they will always be agreed with or be added.

This is not really a plug-in I use much so spending time on it away from other projects that I am interested in is less likely.

Latest version (v1.1.5.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

CaptainNemo

I appreciate and agree with your clear answer.
The FreqMan -- original rtl-sdr .ru version and the version with your fixes and adds-on -- is one of the "must" for swling with sdr#.
Again, thanks for all your work on this and other plugins.
Cheers
gio'.

thewraith2008

This is an update (v1.1.7.1) to the Frequency Manager - FreqMan plug-in for SDR#.

Some changes in SDR# have been causing problems for plug-in again

This plug-in version adds/changes and fixes some items:
Code:
1.1.7.1 - Minor release
1.1.7.0 - Minor release - Not public
1.1.6.0 - Minor release - NOT RELEASED

Fixes for various crashes

Added: PDF documentation
- Please read it

see 'changelog.txt' for full listing and details of changes/fixes and new features.

Documentation has been created to help with it's installation and usage, please read it.
NOTE: Support is not guaranteed. Especially if the answers are contained in the documentation or on this forum.

Limited testing has been done with SDR# 1834.
Limited testing has been done with SDR# 1700.
NOTE: SDR# has been going through some changes (1732+) and it's new features may see this plug-in play up.

Please report issues here.

Download
NOTE: Use 7zip or WinRAR to extract files from the .7z file and read the .txt files for installation and usage of files with SDR#.

MD5 HASH: 05f86ed62fd7b34dab0c8059a60bd700

BTJustice

I think I may have found a bug with Frequency MANAGER. I use it to monitor some local police/fire/EMS frequencies as if I had a scanner. I also have 121.500 AM and 243.000 AM on the list. When scanning with r1854, on the RADIO tab, the mode never seems to change over to AM when it hits the two AM frequencies. It just stays on NFM.

thewraith2008

I have to ask:
What Frequency Manager are you using? (Standard or FreqMan)
What version of Frequency Manager are you using? (if using FreqMan)
What version of Frequency Scanner are you using?
How have you defined the scan range been used and what scan mode are you using.

If you are using Frequency Manager (FreqMan) to scan, then continue your reply in this thread

Latest version (v2.2.13.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

BTJustice

I have to ask:
What Frequency Manager are you using? (Standard or FreqMan)
What version of Frequency Manager are you using? (if using FreqMan)
What version of Frequency Scanner are you using?
How have you defined the scan range been used and what scan mode are you using.

If you are using Frequency Manager (FreqMan) to scan, then continue your reply in this thread

Latest version (v2.2.13.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here
FreqMan_v1.1.7.1.7z from your download page. The police/fire/EMS frequencies are NFM with the two AM air emergency frequencies.

I do use frequency_scanner_v2.2.13.0.7z occasionally to find new frequencies in a range when not using FreqMan. Usually new aircraft frequencies.

thewraith2008

I think I may have found a bug with Frequency MANAGER. I use it to monitor some local police/fire/EMS frequencies as if I had a scanner. I also have 121.500 AM and 243.000 AM on the list. When scanning with r1854, on the RADIO tab, the mode never seems to change over to AM when it hits the two AM frequencies. It just stays on NFM.
I'm not seeing that here, In v1854 I can see the mode switching (in Radio) as frequency is scanned.
When frequency is active, the correct mode is selected.

Can you check each frequency entry that is supposed to be AM an see if the 'Mode' is actually AM.

The Band Plan plug-in can interfere with mode selection and other things.
Try disabling "Auto update radio settings" in that plug-in options.

FreqMan_v1.1.7.1.7z from your download page. The police/fire/EMS frequencies are NFM with the two AM air emergency frequencies.

I do use frequency_scanner_v2.2.13.0.7z occasionally to find new frequencies in a range when not using FreqMan. Usually new aircraft frequencies.

Latest version (v1.1.7.1) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

BTJustice

I'm not seeing that here, In v1854 I can see the mode switching (in Radio) as frequency is scanned.
When frequency is active, the correct mode is selected.

Can you check each frequency entry that is supposed to be AM an see if the 'Mode' is actually AM.

The Band Plan plug-in can interfere with mode selection and other things.
Try disabling "Auto update radio settings" in that plug-in options.

Release post here
I think that is the issue. After disabling "Auto update radio settings" in Band Plan, I can now see the mode properly switching between AM and NFM in the Radio tab during a scan with r1854. Sorry for posting my original issue to the Scanner thread instead of here to the FreqMan thread. My bad.

causeway74

This query probably relates to a combination of freqman, ctcssdecoder and audio recorder.

In my local area we have business radios where CTCSS tones are used to allow re-use of the same frequency. When scanning if I stop on one of these frequencies I will see the CTCSS tone in the window, but only the frequency is taken from FreqMan and the corresponding parameters used to name the audio recording.

Would there be any way to allow different frequency/ctcss pairs in the Frequency Manager, so that the relevant channel name gets written to the recorded .wav file? I'm guessing this would need some sort of lookup based on the CTCSS decoder plugin values and may be impossible to do but it's worth a shout.

thewraith2008

The frequency managers (Standard and FreqMan) can allow multiple entries for a frequency, but only the first entry is ever used when displaying this information as it has no way of knowing which one would be the correct one to use. This is I guess a limitation of the plug-in.

The FreqMan plug-in would need to see the CTCSS/DCS value and it would also require and additional field so it can store a value then it can compare it when needed.

A problem I can see happening is when the VFO lands on a frequency that is stored with multiple entries, it will still display only the first entry because there is a delay after a frequency is tuned to for the detection of CTCSS/DCS to take place. The frequency lookup only occurs on frequency change.

Release post here

causeway74

That does sound tricky and probably not worth the effort.

What I might look to do is run a script to correlate the tone information from the activity csv files with the generated audio recordings. I use PowerShell scripts to arrange recordings anyway so this shouldn't be too hard to do - obviously it isn't a real-time thing but it does help with reviewing my recordings.

bobbyd1114

Premium Subscriber
I'm working with SDR# Studio 1.0.0.1855
FreqMan_v1.1.7.1.7
Windows 10
Got the DLL file in the Plugins FOLDER
and updated the Plugins.XML file
I re-installed SDR#
I can not seem to get the original Frequency manager to
stop showing. I understand that going back and forth
between the original frequency manager and FreqMan
will most likely end up corrupting the frequency list.
Any ideas would be appreciated...

thewraith2008

Make sure the MagicLine is added to 'Plugins.xml'.
Make sure the 'Plugins.xml' file is only in the SDR# root folder and not the 'Plugins' folder.
Make sure the 'SDRSharp.FreqMan.dll' is only in the 'Plugins' folder.

If all above is true, then not sure what problem is.

Release post here