SDS100/SDS200: SDS-100 NXDN

frednotnow

I used to get NXDN transmissions and now it is not working. Before I sent it in to Uniden for repair (usb connector replaced) and now NXDN isn't working (unfortunately a bit after the 90 day return date). I just noticed it as I listen to local football game happenings, and things lined up so I could listen.
I tried to listen in and nothing. I have uploaded and erased the database and favorites list several times, and formatted the sd card as well. After I upload the favorites I turned off all the lists execpt the NXDN and tried to scan the screen shows "nothing to scan", but it is in the favorites list on Sentinel. I called support and some of the menu screens they say that should be there are not and even not showing on Sentinel. It seem that the NXDN feature is not working eventhough it is showing as upgraded on the scacnner. Any suggestions as to how to remedy this issue would be greatly apperciated.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
check the nac info sometimes when they reset the scanner it changes the tone defaults on the frequencies, also check the LCN on the frequencies

Ubbe

I turned off all the lists execpt the NXDN and tried to scan the screen shows "nothing to scan",
It has nothing to do with NXDN. It is an error from what you are (not) scanning.
Push the system hold button, wait more than 3 sec to make it "stick" and then push system hold again and turn the selector knob within 3 sec to see what systems you have in that favorite list and stop on the NXDN one.

Check that the display doesn't say avoid then the push department key and see what you have. Check that there's at least one TG enabled.
Check that location controlled scanning are not enabled.

/Ubbe

dmfalk

Also, check your upgrades, make sure you still have them! There have been some who've sent back their SDS units, only to find they're no longer there....

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
@dmfalk
I do not remember that. If I remember correctly some tried to get free upgrades with no receipts I have sent back 2 SDS100's 1 got a board replaced it came back with all the correct keys installed. Schools are getting smart and encrypting signals.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

frednotnow

Hi again, having some modem issues.
Thank you all for your suggestions.
I do have the latest updates. When I load the NXDN favorites list the screen says nothing to scan, I then push the system button no change, the dept button no change, the channel button shows all the normal information. I can scroll trough the channels using the knob. The channels are there and the avoids are marked properly. I still cannot get it to scan the list. All the other lists seem to work properly. ????????

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi again, having some modem issues.
Thank you all for your suggestions.
I do have the latest updates. When I load the NXDN favorites list the screen says nothing to scan, I then push the system button no change, the dept button no change, the channel button shows all the normal information. I can scroll trough the channels using the knob. The channels are there and the avoids are marked properly. I still cannot get it to scan the list. All the other lists seem to work properly. ????????
Can you provide a link to the database page for the system you are trying to monitor?

For your "NXDN Favorites list", did you manually program the system(s), or created the list by appending from the database?
As mc48 has suggested, verify that the service types used in the system are enabled.

For your NXDN list, is it set to use location control, and if so, if you manually created the systems by entering in Sentinel, did you also include the location details (latitude, longitude, & range) in your programming? (If you created your list by appending from the database in Sentinel, the location details for the system would be included in the appended system.)

You might post your NXDN Favorites list. Use "Export to hpe file" on the drop-down File menu in Sentinel.
1728963496598.png
You will need to zip (compress) your exported *.hpe file in order to attach it to a post here in the forums.