SIRN

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks wmbio and ffemt25 for the info. Some of us have known about that proposed site for a long time now. Finally it's online!

Mike

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Just a FYI to all that listen to Brooke county. The sheriffs are mostly running on SIRN and they still have the old vhf band radios but they are using the state system more now

Last edited:

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Well i worked daylights today and they were on it between 8am-11am. They also were on the old vhf also

Mylan

Feed Provider
Just a FYI to all that listen to Brooke county. The sheriffs are mostly running on SIRN and they still have the old vhf band radios but they are using the state system more now

Yea I heard that too... It only lasted for a couple hours though... The sheriff is out right now doing countywide spot checks for SIRN signal levels and last week I heard Unit #3 doing the same so I would have to say that they are wanting to switch over primary communications real soon but otoh I had earlier been hearing some transmissions where one party could not copy the other yet I could hear all transmissions just fine so who knows.......

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
2-042 Summersville (Nicholas) is online

Summersville is online and probably has been for a while. It's now entered in the DB.

A nice fellow from Carroll/Columbiana Co Ohio (not me) gathered the proof.

460.7125 CC
460.7875 AC

enjoy

Mike

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Summersville is online and probably has been for a while. It's now entered in the DB.

A nice fellow from Carroll/Columbiana Co Ohio (not me) gathered the proof.

460.7125 CC
460.7875 AC

enjoy

Mike

Tropo was excellent this morning. That's a nice catch.

Brooke County Sheriff was testing coverage Tuesday on Sirn using Ohio County tower Their was only 1 dead zone which was Harmon Creek area. When Weirton goes live it should be close to perfect coverage.

Mylan

Feed Provider
Sounds like Brooke County Fire departments are getting their SIRN radios programmed.... For the first time I am hearing voice traffic on Brooke Fire (2201)...
And on TG 2225 a couple fire units were doing some TX/RX testing while talking to "chief 31" which I believe would be either McKinleyville or Bethany Pike VFD... (depending on how you look at it)

Anyone on here have the skinny on what's going on with Brooke Fire or know anyone who might? I know there used to be a Brooke Co FF on RR but he hasn't been seen here in a couple years,,,,

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like Brooke County Fire departments are getting their SIRN radios programmed.... For the first time I am hearing voice traffic on Brooke Fire (2201)...

And on TG 2225 a couple fire units were doing some TX/RX testing while talking to "chief 31" which I believe would be either McKinleyville or Bethany Pike VFD... (depending on how you look at it)

Anyone on here have the skinny on what's going on with Brooke Fire or know anyone who might? I know there used to be a Brooke Co FF on RR but he hasn't been seen here in a couple years,,,,

I am confident to say until Weirton is turned on, coverage will be a problem for mobile and portable.

Last edited:

kc8iqz

SIRN talk groups

Newbie question -- Using RR, and downloading SIRN to HomePatrol-1.....How do I see the the assignment of Talk Groups?
Thanks kc8iqz

Johnstino

Ohio county on SIRN

My HomePatrol is no longer able to monitor Ohio County or Marshall County on the SIRN. Has anything
Changed with them? I updated the firmware and wrote it to the HP1 but nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I have been having the same problem with Ohio County since I did a firmware update to my BCD536. My SDS100 is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk