SIRN

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
IIRC those channels are licensed for one county in the state but were verified in use a lot further away from their licensed area, i.e. statewide…

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
It does not appear that Belleville is on line yet. It is not peered to the sites in Wood County that it should be associated with.

Last edited:

Bethanylt241

While listening today when the Weirton and Beaver Falls tower was down, I heard what I was almost positive was SIRN Techs on TG 9699. Looking at the list it says that’s a DHHR channel. Does anyone have any info on that?

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
While listening today when the Weirton and Beaver Falls tower was down, I heard what I was almost positive was SIRN Techs on TG 9699. Looking at the list it says that’s a DHHR channel. Does anyone have any info on that?
LT, I don't see that TG on DHHR's list--they do seem to be in the 99xx range, though. Maybe you found a new SIRN tech TG.

Bethanylt241

Is that TG for SIRN Techs? I thought they had other channels for maintenance and testing. When the SIRN Tech called in, he called WestCom. So maybe there communicating with WestCom medical command?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Is that TG for SIRN Techs? I thought they had other channels for maintenance and testing. When the SIRN Tech called in, he called WestCom. So maybe there communicating with WestCom medical command?

Think about it for a moment. They very well may have been techs working on some med radios who then wanted to call in to check and see if things are functioning properly. Cannot assume that it's a tech TG just because a tech is talking on it.

Bethanylt241

Could be true, but being that the Weirton tower was down and work ticket was put in. A few hours they call out at the Weirton tower “Sirn 2 to WestCom I’ll be out at Weirton Site” bout a half hour the site is back online, tech does some testing all is good. Today I hear “Sirn to WestCom I’ll be out a Malden to meet the insurance adjuster” you case Could be true, but I differ because of the instances that have taken place. I was just curious if that talkgroup is a designated one for SIRN techs I was thrown off being under DHHR I didn’t know if there was some sort of connection there. I normally hear them on DHSEM

Mylan

Feed Provider
9996270cDWVDhhrSTECS1Trauma and Emergency Medical System - Ch. 1

Think about it for a moment. They very well may have been techs working on some med radios who then wanted to call in to check and see if things are functioning properly. Cannot assume that it's a tech TG just because a tech is talking on it.

At one point in time I actually relabeled this channel in my radios to "Radio svc Trauma". I have heard many transmissions on this talkgroup over the last dozen years or so, and every single one of them have been radio service or site maintenance related.

PanhandleScan

I've been monitoring both Jefferson County (Kearneysville & Blue Ridge sites) and Berkeley (North Mtn.) for the past three hours and have not heard anything on the SIRN system. Nothing. Very unusual. Is anyone aware of any changes to programming offsets, et al?

Everything was working fine all morning. And now .......... silence.

PanhandleScan

OK......... suddenly getting some action out of the North Mountain tower. Nothing from Kearneysville or Blue Ridge. All the CC's are correct for Jefferson, including Extended Tables. I created a new but duplicate bank for the P25 Jefferson system in both Open and Closed modes. But still no activity.

BM82557

OK......... suddenly getting some action out of the North Mountain tower. Nothing from Kearneysville or Blue Ridge. All the CC's are correct for Jefferson, including Extended Tables. I created a new but duplicate bank for the P25 Jefferson system in both Open and Closed modes. But still no activity.

Nothing shows up on 453.4125 or 460.0875, lots of denied affiliations of Jefferson County radio ids show up on the Berkeley County site, DSDPlus shows site 1.23 as being down, Jefferson County Sheriff traffic is on Berkeley site --

Screenshot - 8_12_2022 , 5_22_09 PM.png

PanhandleScan

Thanks BM. Nice to have a neighbor like you. I'm in Jefferson County, obviously. I appreciate you posting the update. I thought my scanner was going on the fritz. Everything is working again.

This had to be some kind of catastrophic failure for an entire emergency comm system to go down for almost eight hours!! That's serious stuff. I now have the North Mountain site in a new bank as my backup in case this happens again ..... whatever it was that happened.