StarCom21 2024 Official Thread

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I've received a report that the Effingham County Sheriff's dispatch talkgroup (8326) appears to have gone encrypted. The last transmission logged in Broadcasting was shortly before midnight on Friday.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I've received a report that the Effingham County Sheriff's dispatch talkgroup (8326) appears to have gone encrypted. The last transmission logged in Broadcasting was shortly before midnight on Friday.
It appears that Effingham PD dispatch (TG 8151) has also gone encrypted.

ILjim

10+ Years Listening
Premium Subscriber
I've been noticing activity on the ISP Training Academy channels today, especially on TG 13085 (Training D).

p25man123

Expected to get activity from the SWIT (ITTF) TG's within the weekend. Incident 1 currently being used for CPD CW6 Patch. There will be different ISP Troop units that will be on Troop 3 TG's as well.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
In the last month or two there's a big chunk of talkgroups that have come alive from McLean County. They range from 4029-4076, directly above the ISU PD talkgroups, and the RIDs are all in the 416xxx range. All encrypted that I've seen. All Phase 2.

I don't think these are related to ISU as I haven't seen PD radio IDs affiliating with them much, but I have no clue who else it could be. They're very active on the Normal site, haven't checked Bloomington or any of the other neighboring sites.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Glen Ellyn VFC has now officially switched over to FIRE EAST (TG 2074) from FIRE NORTH (TG 2701).
Correction on the Fire East STARCOM21 talkgroup - it's 2704 (multicast with 154.415, 192.8 PL). Heard them testing the GEVFC station alerting tones on Fire East an hour or so ago. I'll update the Radio Reference database now, thanks p25man123!

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Correction on the Fire East STARCOM21 talkgroup - it's 2704 (multicast with 154.415, 192.8 PL). Heard them testing the GEVFC station alerting tones on Fire East an hour or so ago. I'll update the Radio Reference database now, thanks p25man123!
Intresting that after close to being on the same channel with DuComm for 40+ years they decide move

p25man123

Sorry for the typo but thank you.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Intresting that after close to being on the same channel with DuComm for 40+ years they decide move
The FDs formerly on Fire West were moved to Fire North. As a wild guess, the GEVFC move to Fire East might be an effort to lighten the load on Fire North?

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
In the last month or two there's a big chunk of talkgroups that have come alive from McLean County. They range from 4029-4076, directly above the ISU PD talkgroups, and the RIDs are all in the 416xxx range. All encrypted that I've seen. All Phase 2.

I don't think these are related to ISU as I haven't seen PD radio IDs affiliating with them much, but I have no clue who else it could be. They're very active on the Normal site, haven't checked Bloomington or any of the other neighboring sites.
I'm told by a long-time Bloomington-area listener that ISU operations (other than campus police) had previously used the Cleartalk system. He gave those legacy ISU Cleartalk talkgroups a listen for a day and a half and heard no activity. He believes that the new STARCOM21 talkgroups (in the 4031-4050 range so far) are likely the ISU operations (dorms, heating plant, Braden, Horton, golf course, grounds, etc.)
that used to be on Cleartalk.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
I'm told by a long-time Bloomington-area listener that ISU operations (other than campus police) had previously used the Cleartalk system. He gave those legacy ISU Cleartalk talkgroups a listen for a day and a half and heard no activity. He believes that the new STARCOM21 talkgroups (in the 4031-4050 range so far) are likely the ISU operations (dorms, heating plant, Braden, Horton, golf course, grounds, etc.)
that used to be on Cleartalk.

I was just there on Saturday and I didn't hear anything on the ISU ClearTalk talkgroups.
Agree. Was listening tonight and thought about how I hadn't heard anything on them since move in. I've been meaning to pull up ClearTalk in DSD and check for any activity but my multicoupler went belly up so I'm limited to 1 SDR right now (which feeds Unitrunker).