StarCom21 2024 Official Thread

ILjim

10+ Years Listening
Premium Subscriber
I can also confirm that TG 34401 is a Police TG since it's patched to 154.845 (162.2 PL), and I got a WestCom Dispatch Console RID of 150995.

ILjim

10+ Years Listening
Premium Subscriber
I see the dreaded ENCRY symbol too.

I'm actually surprised to see the E on the fire department TG.
Yep. So far, it appears that all talkgroups allocated for WestCom agencies are ENC. It appears based on RIDs I got that TG 35301 (ENC) is possibly Oak Park FD's "Fire Ops" channel that I've heard mentions of through listening to them on 159.120.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I'm actually surprised to see the E on the fire department TG.
I'm surprised more fire departments aren't encrypted. Tow trucks chasing accidents that they used to follow from police frequencies are now encrypted, but still show up when fire departments respond. Board up companies are also offenders. Lawyers sending their under links to scenes to get victims information or the best one I used to field was when they called the hospitals, asked to talk to "Ambulance xx, you have a phone call", then pretend to be a major accident detective seeking information. I asked for their star, name and I'd call them right back. Surprisingly, they weren't going to be in because they were leaving for the day😂.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Always knew who DA-5 is Mitch has a very distintive voice and radio demenor. A new SFM SA was just added to the Chicago area a few months ago. He is a former coworker who just retired from my old FD

I don't know him personally other than he's a State Fire Marshal and the radio signature just changed to DA-222.
He went 10-42 for the last time shortly before 1700 Hrs on 6-24-24....37 years he said.

ILjim

10+ Years Listening
Premium Subscriber
Hearing activity on TG 162 (clear, no ENC) on Cook Co Sheriff site 5-002. Only RIDs so far are in the 5773xxx range. It could be Tinley Park PD, but I'm having a hard time hearing exactly what's being said due to poor reception from my location.

p25man123

That was CCD’s TG. I’ve tried monitoring that a while back and so far they have not used it. Kept staying on the 800 Band Conventional.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hearing activity on TG 162 (clear, no ENC) on Cook Co Sheriff site 5-002. Only RIDs so far are in the 5773xxx range. It could be Tinley Park PD, but I'm having a hard time hearing exactly what's being said due to poor reception from my location.

Keeping out the trouble is what you're hearing.
That was CCD’s TG. I’ve tried monitoring that a while back and so far they have not used it. Kept staying on the 800 Band Conventional.
No...that's the Cook County talk group used like a side band etc. Not specific to any department.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Weird. Someone mentioned that it was active for Dispatch use but it wasn’t specific as to what it was actually used for.
I don't know the exact purpose or what the channel is called on the radios, but Forest View and Stickney were using it before they went over to the 800 conventional frequency. We heard Tinley Park before they went to the primary encrypted talk group and Cook Metro SE too. I'd best describe it as a "common/ back-up/secondary" channel on the departments radios it appears, but not assigned to any one for dispatching purposes.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I don't know the exact purpose or what the channel is called on the radios, but Forest View and Stickney were using it before they went over to the 800 conventional frequency. We heard Tinley Park before they went to the primary encrypted talk group and Cook Metro SE too. I'd best describe it as a "common/ back-up/secondary" channel on the departments radios it appears, but not assigned to any one for dispatching purposes.
Correction..Cook Metro SE was using TGID 160 when they were having some issues with their primary encrypted talk group.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks to recent submissions as well as Broadcastify and OpenMHz.com feeds, I've been able to add a number of new Tazewell County talkgroups to the database. In addition, the unidentified Tazewell County talkgroups below have been added to the SC21 wiki. Many have only had a few key-ups or test counts by Tazewell County 492xxx and 493xxx RIDs:

* TG 37207 - Tazewell County, unknown use
* TG 37214 - Tazewell County, unknown use
* TG 37229 - Tazewell County, unknown use
* TG 37230 - Tazewell County, unknown use
* TG 37277 - Tazewell County, test counts and fire tones - future fire talkgroup?
* TG 37280 - Tazewell County, Pekin Park Police chit-chat
* TG 37297 - Tazewell County, unknown use
* TG 37321 - Tazewell County, used by East Peoria PD for traffic detail, IDd as "Channel 4"?
* TG 37322 - Tazewell County, key-up by RID 492448
* TG 37323 - Tazewell County, key-up by RID 492448
* TG 37328 - Tazewell County, key-up by RID 492419
* TG 37331 - Tazewell County, radio check by Hopedale PD unit
* TG 37335 - Tazewell County, Minier PD key-ups
* TG 37337 - Tazewell County
* TG 37338 - Tazewell County, car-to-car, IDd by North Pekin PD unit as "Channel 3"
* TG 37339 - Tazewell County, Sheriff's Office alternate?
* TG 37348 - Tazewell County
* TG 37355 - Tazewell County
* TG 37399 - Tazewell County, Highway Department? Road striping operations
* TG 37410 - Tazewell County, key-up by RID 492478
* TG 37412 - Tazewell County, key-ups by RIDs 492575, 492579

Morton PD used TG 37336 (user-IDd as "Channel 3")for traffic control operations during their fireworks on 7/3/24. Along with the "MORTON" unit prefixes, a handful of units were heard using a "GEORGE" prefix. Anyone know which department/agency this would be?

Any and all help in identifying these and other TGs in this range would be appreciated!

Kordaviation

Hi,
This is my first time using the forum not sure if this is the right place for help but I am having trouble scanning the Starcom21 Will/ Grundy County simulcast. The control channel which is 773.3312 has only one bar not sure what the issue is. I'm not that far from site #1 callsign WRAQ941 and I live about 3 miles away from it and when I turn on the attenuator the signal is really weak and when I turn it off the its still pretty bad. I attached the site below. I am currently using the Uniden BCD325P2. Hope someone can help me out. Thank you.
STARCOM21 Statewide Illinois Site: Will/Grundy County Simulcast

Last edited:
Hi,
This is my first time using the forum not sure if this is the right place for help but I am having trouble scanning the Starcom21 Will/ Grundy County simulcast. The control channel which is 773.3312 has only one bar not sure what the issue is. I'm not that far from site #1 callsign WRAQ941 and I live about 3 miles away from it and when I turn on the attenuator the signal is really weak and when I turn it off the its still pretty bad. I attached the site below. I am currently using the Uniden BCD325P2. Hope someone can help me out. Thank you.
STARCOM21 Statewide Illinois Site: Will/Grundy County Simulcast
You need a SDS series radio to get a good decode of the simulcast towers. No other scanner works as well on Starcom

Kordaviation

You need a SDS series radio to get a good decode of the simulcast towers. No other scanner works as well on Starcom
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Do you think it’s a reception issue because when I get closer to that tower or aim the scanner a certain way with the attenuator off it works decent and when I change the threshold.

ntrlsur

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Do you think it’s a reception issue because when I get closer to that tower or aim the scanner a certain way with the attenuator off it works decent and when I change the threshold.
I use a uniden 996p2 for my setup with a cheap directional yagi from amazon and it works great for picking up the dupage site. I'm about 1.5 miles away as well.

Kordaviation

I use a uniden 996p2 for my setup with a cheap directional yagi from amazon and it works great for picking up the dupage site. I'm about 1.5 miles away as well.
Do you mind attaching a link please. I'm curious if that would help. Thanks. I'm trying everything right now so I don't have to spend a lot of money right now for an sds100.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks to recent submissions as well as Broadcastify and OpenMHz.com feeds, I've been able to add a number of new Tazewell County talkgroups to the database. In addition, the unidentified Tazewell County talkgroups below have been added to the SC21 wiki. Many have only had a few key-ups or test counts by Tazewell County 492xxx and 493xxx RIDs:

* TG 37207 - Tazewell County, unknown use
* TG 37214 - Tazewell County, unknown use
* TG 37229 - Tazewell County, unknown use
* TG 37230 - Tazewell County, unknown use
* TG 37277 - Tazewell County, test counts and fire tones - future fire talkgroup?
* TG 37280 - Tazewell County, Pekin Park Police chit-chat
* TG 37297 - Tazewell County, unknown use
* TG 37321 - Tazewell County, used by East Peoria PD for traffic detail, IDd as "Channel 4"?
* TG 37322 - Tazewell County, key-up by RID 492448
* TG 37323 - Tazewell County, key-up by RID 492448
* TG 37328 - Tazewell County, key-up by RID 492419
* TG 37331 - Tazewell County, radio check by Hopedale PD unit
* TG 37335 - Tazewell County, Minier PD key-ups
* TG 37337 - Tazewell County
* TG 37338 - Tazewell County, car-to-car, IDd by North Pekin PD unit as "Channel 3"
* TG 37339 - Tazewell County, Sheriff's Office alternate?
* TG 37348 - Tazewell County
* TG 37355 - Tazewell County
* TG 37399 - Tazewell County, Highway Department? Road striping operations
* TG 37410 - Tazewell County, key-up by RID 492478
* TG 37412 - Tazewell County, key-ups by RIDs 492575, 492579

Morton PD used TG 37336 (user-IDd as "Channel 3")for traffic control operations during their fireworks on 7/3/24. Along with the "MORTON" unit prefixes, a handful of units were heard using a "GEORGE" prefix. Anyone know which department/agency this would be?

Any and all help in identifying these and other TGs in this range would be appreciated!
Add talkgroup 37259 to the list of Tazewell County unknown talkgroups. A handful of radios in the 493076-493087 RID range keyed up here this past Tuesday. From the RIDs, I'd guess that these were (unknown) FD radios.