Stark County Ohio

Swipesy

As a scanner hobbyist I like the automated fire dispatch. Here in Northeast Ohio we have Akron, Cuyahoga Valley, Cleveland all using automated dispatch. They are all very clear and distinct. I find, especially with women dispatchers, they speak much too fast and not distinctly. Not an issue with automated. But then again I don't have to answer the page so whatever works best for the emergency responders is what rules.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
As a scanner hobbyist I like the automated fire dispatch. Here in Northeast Ohio we have Akron, Cuyahoga Valley, Cleveland all using automated dispatch. They are all very clear and distinct. I find, especially with women dispatchers, they speak much too fast and not distinctly. Not an issue with automated. But then again I don't have to answer the page so whatever works best for the emergency responders is what rules.

The other issue with human dispatchers is that some of them tend to get way too chatty on the initial dispatch, giving out the patient's age, current complaint, every current symptom, and every malady they've suffered in the last two years.

As both a former dispatcher and former firefighter/EMT, this drives me absolutely batty. Who responds, where are they going, and what (as simply as possible) are they going on? That's all that needs to be in a dispatch message. The rest can be relayed on the response channel after they're responding, or better yet, via CAD.

The automated systems do it the way it's supposed to be done, quick and simple. I just wish different agencies in the same area would use different voices to make it easier to tell everybody apart.

Last edited:

Bswartz95

I moved from Columbus to Cleveland and the dispatch is much different. I have yet to hear an automated EMS dispatch for Cleveland. I always here a human voice say “medic 42, you have a run.” Maybe I’m missing a channel or something.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I moved from Columbus to Cleveland and the dispatch is much different. I have yet to hear an automated EMS dispatch for Cleveland. I always here a human voice say “medic 42, you have a run.” Maybe I’m missing a channel or something.
I just moved to Stow, I hear Automated on the Akron Alert Channel and on Cuyahoga Falls FD

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
The other issue with human dispatchers is that some of them tend to get way too chatty on the initial dispatch, giving out the patient's age, current complaint, every current symptom, and every malady they've suffered in the last two years.

Agree 100% I live with that issue every day.

The automated systems do it the way it's supposed to be done, quick and simple. I just wish different agencies in the same area would use different voices to make it easier to tell everybody apart.

Sell your voice to Locution. You have one of the best set of pipes I've ever heard from a dispatcher. Booming voice, easy to understand, and always direct and to the point.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

eng64

Does anyone know what happened the south west Stark County feed (south Fire)(Erie Valley, Brewster, Beach city and Wilmot Fd's and Pd's? It was down for a week or 2 and is now completly gone.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
After monitoring the last two years, I am confident to submit to Database:

45200 - Pro Football HOF Events
45201 - Pro Football HOF Events
45202 - Pro Football HOF Events

W8KIC

Premium Subscriber
Agree 100% I live with that issue every day.

Sell your voice to Locution. You have one of the best set of pipes I've ever heard from a dispatcher. Booming voice, easy to understand, and always direct and to the point.

I take it you are referring to locution.com?

sting932003

Premium Subscriber
Do I need DMR, NXDN, ProVoice - New reply to watched thread
Hello,
Do I need and or can I even pick up DMR, NXDN, ProVoice for stark county, ohio for bearcat bcd996p2?​

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
No public safety in Stark county using any of these. There are a handful of other agencies using DMR. I use it to monitor Aultman Hospital Security.

No public safety in Stark county using any of these. There are a handful of other agencies using DMR. I use it to monitor Aultman Hospital Security.
im trying to program my BCD996P2 to monitor Aultman Hospital, i have to program it from on the scanner, any tips or how to program it since its trunked i believe?

thank you if you can or can't help

Nasby

im trying to program my BCD996P2 to monitor Aultman Hospital, i have to program it from on the scanner, any tips or how to program it since its trunked i believe?

thank you if you can or can't help

You will need to have the DMR upgrade in your scanner to hear them.

Here are the control channels and talk groups for their system:

There’s a program called Freescan that can help you program the system. Also, there are programming videos on YouTube that are easy to follow.

Good luck!!