State of Idaho 700 MHz IIMARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
That does make sense, never thought of using that method. Thats another thing I was wondering about was the radio ID's on the ICAWIN system, the numbering patterns, ranges, etc. Also another one is the designator numbers used by the units, if anyone has any info on those(for example, BPD 1xxx, 2xxx, so on...and Meridian PD 9xxx). I also notice the radio ID's dont match the designator number used by the transmitting unit. Do you happen to know the info on any of these numbers?

SCPD

QRT
I noticed on the DB some ppl have identified encrypted TG's. I have been hearing TGs that are encrypted, but I cant identify them because the audio is not readable(due to encryption). I was wondering how any of you can do that, or where you obtain that information?

The most common way is to listen to the dispatchers. Most of the time, they will give away the channel name and/or TGID. It's easier at night since there's usually not as much activity. The Uniden scanners don't give an audible tone when an encrypted channel hits (which is a shame) so you have to constantly monitor the LCD.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
That does make sense, never thought of using that method. Thats another thing I was wondering about was the radio ID's on the ICAWIN system, the numbering patterns, ranges, etc. Also another one is the designator numbers used by the units, if anyone has any info on those(for example, BPD 1xxx, 2xxx, so on...and Meridian PD 9xxx). I also notice the radio ID's dont match the designator number used by the transmitting unit. Do you happen to know the info on any of these numbers?
Each Idaho county has its own numeric designator from "1" for Ada County to "44" for Washington County. The TG assignment system uses these numeric designators as the first one or two numbers in the TGs for each county, such as 1xxx for Ada, 3xxx for Bannock, 41xxx for Teton, etc. Additionally other non county agencies/functions have unique assignments such as:
ISP-46xxx
Idaho State University-52xxx
Shoshone-Bannock Tribes-56XXX

The individual TG assignments are made at the county/agency level, although I believe there is some form of standardization in place. Radio IDs are assigned at the county/agency level and are usually completely different than unit assignment numbers.

Radio IDs are designated in a similar manner and are 6 or 7 digits, such as

1xxxxx for Ada
14xxxxx for Canyon
41xxxxx for Teton
46xxxxx for ISP

If the Radio ID is the same for both dispatch and the mobiles, then the transmission is being patched from a conventional uhf or vhf system to the 700 Mhz system.

Dave

Last edited:

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
what I was meaning by the designator numbers, were the numbers that the officers actually refer to each other with, or that they identify with.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
what I was meaning by the designator numbers, were the numbers that the officers actually refer to each other with, or that they identify with.
I don't know of any list of officer designator numbers. It's possible someone has compiled their own list, but you also might have to compile your own list.

MaryG

Premium Subscriber
I got a strange uninterpretable on TG 46404 couple of days ago - I assume scrambled. I thought the 996T would bypass these? I also added a Pro-106 to my collection - a pawn shop find for $75.

Last edited:

dksac2

Teton Co. has gone trunked also. I don't have the freqs, but they can be found. Comms are in the open. No longer any VHF except for ambulance and SAR.
John

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Teton Co. has gone trunked also. I don't have the freqs, but they can be found. Comms are in the open. No longer any VHF except for ambulance and SAR.
John
Yes, Teton has been part of the 700 MHz system for several years. Their Law 2 talkgroup 41001 is encrypted, however. The old SO frequencies are being maintained as fallback, I believe.
Idaho Cooperative Agencies Wireless Interoperable Network (ICAWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Idaho - Scanner Frequencies
Teton County, Idaho (ID) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Dave

SCPD

QRT
Greetings all -- I'll be heading down to Boise next week. Anything new and interesting to monitor from IIMARS system?

SCPD

QRT
Just got back home last night. I didn't do a lot of monitoring (for once) but I did try the 536HP on the ICAWIN system and it sounded pretty good. Zero errors of any kind. Very nice, clean audio.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Just got back home last night. I didn't do a lot of monitoring (for once) but I did try the 536HP on the ICAWIN system and it sounded pretty good. Zero errors of any kind. Very nice, clean audio.
That matches my experience with my 436HP in the Boise area several months ago. Good reception, no errors, although mine was all mobile, as I was passing through. Using only the stock antenna, I got reception from around Mt. Home (Shafer Butte) to Ontario OR. Both the 436HP and 536HP also work fine on the eastern side of the state.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
Question

Since these appear to be new ICAWIN freqs I'm guessing after I do an download from RR

I will be able to receive on my HP1 ?

it's range is set at max for 30 miles so some outlying P25 systems I cannot receive unless I am east or west bound from Boise.

John
Boise

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Since these appear to be new ICAWIN freqs I'm guessing after I do an download from RR

I will be able to receive on my HP1 ?

it's range is set at max for 30 miles so some outlying P25 systems I cannot receive unless I am east or west bound from Boise.

John
Boise
John,
I wasn't using the full database and no connected GPS. I was just using a favorites list consisting of ICAWIN only(latest from RR), with 10 mile range setting.

To clarify, I couldn't receive Canyon County traffic from Mt. Home area, only Shafer Butte Ada traffic, and then I was receiving some Ada County traffic from Ontario, although I don't know which transmitter I was getting (maybe Ada traffic being transmitted on Canyon Cnty sites). If your range setting on the HP-1 is set to max you should hear everything your antenna will receive as long as your HP-1 range setting overlaps each site's transmit radius as contained in the RR database.

Dave

dksac2

The listed system on Repeater Ridge is for the Teton County, ID, Sheriff, Fire and Ambulance. It reaches into the Idaho Falls, Rexberg area very well also.

John

Cyberteq

Premium Subscriber
So, has the P25 system changed? I notice now when monitoring it stops on regular channels with static. Running on a Uniden with a database upgrade from the Uniden app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.