Summit County 800 System

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Mike, did you add the "77" to the RID? Historically Summit's Radio's do not display the County number on their RIDs. 28539 is Cuyahoga Falls Fire on TG 2443

John

John,

Remember, I'm talking about on MARCS-IP. Their radio IDs aren't going to be the same on MARCS-IP as they were on their standalone system.

On MARCS-IP they are using 77* radio IDs.

As monitored off of Ohio MARCS-IP Site 2-002 (Summit Co Simulcast)

Swipesy

Mike,

All those RID's without the 77 are identified on the Summit System. My guess is what you are seeing is the Summit P-25 System has begun their linking with MARCS that Mike Szabo spoke of last summer.

John

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Mike,

All those RID's without the 77 are identified on the Summit System. My guess is what you are seeing is the Summit P-25 System has begun their linking with MARCS that Mike Szabo spoke of last summer.

John

I think that was my point, without saying it. I had posted in the Summit Co thread about it. I don't pay attention to historic Summit Co P25 standalone system info -- never had the desire to monitor except during this time we know they will be transitioning.

I can just tell you that the radio IDs (as seen on an SDS100 or on DSDPlus) are 77xxxxx radio IDs. And that makes sense for MARCS, since typical county radio IDs are almost always prefixed with the county # (41xxxxx for jefferson, 77xxxxx for Summit).

How they might correlate with the same radio units on Summit P25 standalone system, I'll leave that up to you and others who have an interest in Summit. I'm just monitoring and reporting changes that i see.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Just heard multiple tests on 62661 with them prefixing the test with "Cuyahoga Falls Police Dispatch 1, 2, 3", with RIDs 7732208 and 7732537 (which could be radio service IDs and not specifically CFPD RIDs).

Take that for what it's worth, read into it what you want. But I would not read into it that they are "live" on MARCS-IP. I'm sure they are still on the old system and that they were simply testing on the new one.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
45509 was active with a guy simply calling "704". RID was 7729935 (another Summit Co RID). No idea what this talkgroup is. My guess is the guy who called "704" accidentally transmitted on the wrong radio and then probably went onto the Summit P25 standalone system and made the call out on that system.

455xx would be a valid Summit Co talkgroup; RID 7729935 a valid Summit Co RID.

FWIW

marklt1

Feed Provider
Thanks for calling this out. Twinsburg FD "signed off" at 10:20pm last night and I didn't hear anything until 11:30am this morning when I heard someone call "on the air". I am guessing they jumped over to the new site for testing. As of right now they are back on the legacy site. It was that large gap in silence (which is really odd for Twinsburg) that brought me to this forum.
On the police band, there were references to FD calls during the outage, so I know it wasn't a really quiet night.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for calling this out. Twinsburg FD "signed off" at 10:20pm last night and I didn't hear anything until 11:30am this morning when I heard someone call "on the air". I am guessing they jumped over to the new site for testing. As of right now they are back on the legacy site. It was that large gap in silence (which is really odd for Twinsburg) that brought me to this forum.
On the police band, there were references to FD calls during the outage, so I know it wasn't a really quiet night.

You're welcome. Although I have no way of knowing if Twinsburg was actually testing on MARCS-IP Site 2-002. they could have been. But I wasn't monitoring it then to know last night.

But I'm glad that you are now aware of the new simulcast (that doesn't seem to be carrying live traffic yet -- meaning I don't think any agency has switched over yet). Because soon there will be agencies switching over, and anyone who only has the Summit P25 standalone system programmed in is going to find less traffic on it pretty quickly once agencies start to switch over to MARCS-IP Site 2-002.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I am guessing they jumped over to the new site for testing.

Not that I heard. I just ran thru all my recorded audio on Marcs Summit and Stark site searches. Not a peep out of Twinsburg.

At this point, I'm just excited to eventually kill off another system to scan on my radios.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
All,

I'm going to merge this thread with the existing Summit County 800 System thread which is already a sticky; we seem to have parallel discussions about the same system going on.

Tom

Swipesy

Not that I heard. I just ran thru all my recorded audio on Marcs Summit and Stark site searches. Not a peep out of Twinsburg.

At this point, I'm just excited to eventually kill off another system to scan on my radios.
Same here in Aurora Frank. I only listen to Twinsburg and Hudson and not a peep on MARCS for Summit County and 100% of traffic for these two communities are all on Summit P-25.

John

a388sig2

CVNP Rangers info?

I haven't seen CVNP hits on the P25 system in weeks.

Also, not sure if it's shutdown related or not, but haven't seen CuVa dispatch conventional radio transmissions after 8pm or before 8am. Does their dispatch switch at night? Or are they only on sunshine patrol?

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Much activity with numerous new TGID showing up on the new 202 Marcs system today. 54768 appears to be Twinsburg. I almost can't copy them down fast enough. Audio and reception crystal clear. Logged around 24 new Tg`s numbers so far to try and I'D who they may be........

relay99

Premium Subscriber
CVNP has been active daily on the Conventional 168.500 frequency but transmissions heard after dark seem to be ones that were only really necessary and far and few between. May have something to do with gov shutdown but resources seem limited for now.

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Id's around the 5xxx range numbers logged seem to be new Summit System agencies. All others I have found to be other agencies on Marcs so only unable to I'D around half dozen new ones . Twinsburg still seems to use 54768.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Id's around the 5xxx range numbers logged seem to be new Summit System agencies. All others I have found to be other agencies on Marcs so only unable to I'D around half dozen new ones . Twinsburg still seems to use 54768.

Can you confirm that? 54768 is already in RRDB as Ashtabula County SO around a set of County SOs. Every radio ID I've seen for Summit seems to be in the upper half of 62000 talkgroups.

I haven't logged anything in the 54000 range on the Summit MARCS site, likely due to the site being in isolation currently.

a388sig2

CVNP has been active daily on the Conventional 168.500 frequency but transmissions heard after dark seem to be ones that were only really necessary and far and few between. May have something to do with gov shutdown but resources seem limited for now.

I have everyday since Christmas Eve recorded and only one night with transmissions after 2100hrs.

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Can you confirm that? 54768 is already in RRDB as Ashtabula County SO around a set of County SOs. Every radio ID I've seen for Summit seems to be in the upper half of 62000 talkgroups.

I haven't logged anything in the 54000 range on the Summit MARCS site, likely due to the site being in isolation currently.
My mistake and I think I am in error but will recheck again tomorrow. I selected ID search along with writing down the found ID'S in between me working so notes were messy plus many found ID'S were already assigned but couldn't find the numerous 54xxx ID'S that Ifound.

jeffb

TGID showing up today 45525, 62511,62644, 62645, 62646,62647, 62648, 62650, 62651, 62652,62653,62654,62658,62660

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
heard a few transmission today that suggest 62652 will be CF FD DISP. A single transmission on 62998 might be ST FD DISP. Given that users will be asked to "do things different", it is likely some transmission will be from people calling on the wrong channel. I'm not going to assume the first transmission I hear on any talkgroup is going to be right info the first time.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Heard TG 62511 today on MARCS-IP Site 2002.

It was unit 401 talking with unit 403. Talking about being in the garage because he had some work to do. Mentioned some radios not working and the need to get a hold of B&C Communications about it on Monday.

Then later on 476 called in to dispatch for a radio check.

Not sure who it is. I am sure that next week, when the new talkgroups start appearing, that suddenly there will be lots of new talkgroups added to the DB and we'll know what 62511 is. Cuz somebody out there will know who they are or will figure it out.