SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

kondote

Can someone tell me why the tetra demodulator that comes with Tetra trunk tracker does not show the location messages with the speed and direction, when with other versions of the tetra demodulator it does show them?

Attachments

• TETRA DEMODULATOR THAT COME WITH ttt.PNG
    TETRA DEMODULATOR THAT COME WITH ttt.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 29
  • TETRA OTHER VERSION.PNG
    TETRA OTHER VERSION.PNG
    8.3 KB · Views: 29

ET-NL

Nice reading (and some hope for the future ;))

Ubbe

Can someone tell me why the tetra demodulator that comes with Tetra trunk tracker does not show the location messages with the speed and direction, when with other versions of the tetra demodulator it does show them?
It looks OK. It's just GPS drift, 1km/h and at GPS cold start mode or loss of GPS signal where it drift a lot 1123km/h and both those extrems can be ignored.

/Ubbe

kondote

It looks OK. It's just GPS drift, 1km/h and at GPS cold start mode or loss of GPS signal where it drift a lot 1123km/h and both those extrems can be ignored.

/Ubbe
I think I have not been able to explain well what my problem is.... Tetra Trunk Tracker comes with a modified tetra plugin to send data to Tetra Trunk Tracker. That tetra demodulator plugin does not show speed or direction data, only position. With "normal" versions of the plugin I can see the speed and direction in the "info" window of the plugin, but it is not modified to communicate with Tetra Trunk Tracker. Is there a version that works correctly? I remember that with the first versions of Tetra Trunk Traker I could see everything correctly, but those versions are no longer available for download.

thewraith2008

What are the 'other', 'normal' versions you are referring to?

Chances are they where not decoding the PDUs correctly and where showing elements (speed, direction, other) that actually where not sent.

"Is there a version that works correctly?"
What's your point of reference to know if a thing is working correctly or not.
If it's an earlier version of the plug-in, sorry but that not a valid source.

"I remember that with the first versions of Tetra Trunk Traker I could see everything correctly"
Are you sure about that, like the above, how would you know if it's showing you the correct information or not.

TTT + TETRA Demodulator plug-in where a developing project, things where improved not taken away.
Is it perfect and without errors, certainly not but I think it's holding up OK.

Latest version (v1.8.6.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download
Release post here

kondote

What are the 'other', 'normal' versions you are referring to?

Chances are they where not decoding the PDUs correctly and where showing elements (speed, direction, other) that actually where not sent.

"Is there a version that works correctly?"
What's your point of reference to know if a thing is working correctly or not.
If it's an earlier version of the plug-in, sorry but that not a valid source.

"I remember that with the first versions of Tetra Trunk Traker I could see everything correctly"
Are you sure about that, like the above, how would you know if it's showing you the correct information or not.

TTT + TETRA Demodulator plug-in where a developing project, things where improved not taken away.
Is it perfect and without errors, certainly not but I think it's holding up OK.

Release post here
Forgiveness for slow to respond. I have used tetra trunk tracker in some of its early versions a few years ago. Since I didn't have a tetra network near my home to send positioning data, I stopped using the program. Right now I have a new network in my town, which sends position, speed and direction data. I don't know which version of the Tetra plugin I have, but it's the one that comes with the Sharp build I use called Trueno2.0. With that version, in the "Network info" window I can see the speed and the direction (as you can see in the photo). In the latest version of tetra trunk tracker, which is the one I have installed, the tetra plugin that comes in the program folder, does not show speed and direction in that same network, only gps position. Nor does that data appear on the map using LRRP, although the positions of the vehicles do. This is why I ask if displaying speed and direction is a missing function from tetra trunk tracker. Obviously I'm using the LRRP version that comes with Fastlane.

65kurry

Hi,
i'm a newbie in this hobby, how do you calculate the freq's?
Current F= 425,6875 Mhz
Main Carrier = 1027

Rgds K

Attachments

• Tetra test MC-1027.JPG
    Tetra test MC-1027.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Tetra test.JPG
    Tetra test.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 23

kondote

Version 1.8.6 doesn't work for me. I am testing version 1.7.1 and it works perfectly. I can see the speed and direction in the Network Info window of the tetra plugin and it also passes the information to LRRP.exe
Can the position dot be changed to a car or walker icon?

Attachments

• Plugin tetra de TTT Ver 1.7.1.PNG
    Plugin tetra de TTT Ver 1.7.1.PNG
    12.6 KB · Views: 30
  • LRRP showing Speed and Direction.PNG
    LRRP showing Speed and Direction.PNG
    4.5 KB · Views: 29

thewraith2008

Forgiveness for slow to respond. I have used tetra trunk tracker in some of its early versions a few years ago. Since I didn't have a tetra network near my home to send positioning data, I stopped using the program. Right now I have a new network in my town, which sends position, speed and direction data. I don't know which version of the Tetra plugin I have, but it's the one that comes with the Sharp build I use called Trueno2.0. With that version, in the "Network info" window I can see the speed and the direction (as you can see in the photo). In the latest version of tetra trunk tracker, which is the one I have installed, the tetra plugin that comes in the program folder, does not show speed and direction in that same network, only gps position. Nor does that data appear on the map using LRRP, although the positions of the vehicles do. This is why I ask if displaying speed and direction is a missing function from tetra trunk tracker. Obviously I'm using the LRRP version that comes with Fastlane.
Never heard of SDR# Trueno2.0.

Something to note with LRRP (from Fastlane) and it's use with TTT, You must uncheck the option: G>LRRP (Public release) for speed and direction to show in LRRP. Speed and direction did not work with public release version of LRRP.

This won't make much difference if the plug-in is not decoding those elements.

It would be easier if you could supply a IF IQ sample of these GPS PDUs been sent.
The SDR# plug-in "IFRecorder" can do this (available here)

Version 1.8.6 doesn't work for me. I am testing version 1.7.1 and it works perfectly. I can see the speed and direction in the Network Info window of the tetra plugin and it also passes the information to LRRP.exe
Can the position dot be changed to a car or walker icon?
No, the LRRP program is not under my control.

Release post here

thewraith2008

Hi,
i'm a newbie in this hobby, how do you calculate the freq's?
Current F= 425,6875 Mhz
Main Carrier = 1027

Rgds K
You will find this information covered in this document labeled: TS 100-392-15.

The final calculation depends on some of the decoded system elements.
  • (Main) Carrier, Offset, Band

Zeifer69

Never heard of SDR# Trueno2.0.

Something to note with LRRP (from Fastlane) and it's use with TTT, You must uncheck the option: G>LRRP (Public release) for speed and direction to show in LRRP. Speed and direction did not work with public release version of LRRP.

This won't make much difference if the plug-in is not decoding those elements.

It would be easier if you could supply a IF IQ sample of these GPS PDUs been sent.
The SDR# plug-in "IFRecorder" can do this (available here)

No, the LRRP program is not under my control.

Release post here
Trueno is a spanish translated version of sdr#, it's an independent project, it's very used by many people who don't understand english, but it works very slow and all the plugins are outdated. It also includes a very old version of the tetra plugin, I tested it but it doesn't show any network information and in my case it doesn't decode well and of course it doesn't work with trunk tracker.

Bernt112

Did you try and set the AUXVFO to WFM (in image it's set to RAW)

Make sure WFM and Bandwidth are set in SDR# as when you click 'Set' in AUXVFO it does not always use what you set in the AUXVFO side panel.
AUXVFO has some bugs and inheritance issues that make it annoying to use sometimes.

Release post here
This is a nice idea!

I try it out but looks like i do something wrong:

1690637206740.png

thewraith2008

This is a nice idea!

I try it out but looks like i do something wrong:

Not sure what you are trying to achieve but this thread is not the place for it as it does not directly relate to the program TETRA Trunk Tracker (TTT) or it's companion the TETRA Demodulator plug-in.

You may get better response by detailing in a posting what you are trying to do in the main forum.

Latest version (v1.8.9.0) can be found here: MEGA - Download

hermite

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you are trying to achieve but this thread is not the place for it as it does not directly relate to the program TETRA Trunk Tracker (TTT) or it's companion the TETRA Demodulator plug-in.

You may get better response by detailing in a posting what you are trying to do in the main forum.

V 1.8.9 is compatible with which version of SDR#? thank you.

Bernt112

Yes SDR works perfect. I have a question: For log the MM Registrations is it needed to stay the 'Net info' window open? For now looks like yes. Can this also be changed?

Chrzciciel

Guys, just wanted to report that I just tried using TETRA Demodulator on two PC's using WIN10 with SDR# rev. 1919 and on both had no sound when using TETRA plugin, while there is sound when not using the plugin. I have found SDR# rev. 1830 and it works. Could be something wrong I'm doing on my side, but just wanted to let you know.

thewraith2008

Guys, just wanted to report that I just tried using TETRA Demodulator on two PC's using WIN10 with SDR# rev. 1919 and on both had no sound when using TETRA plugin, while there is sound when not using the plugin. I have found SDR# rev. 1830 and it works. Could be something wrong I'm doing on my side, but just wanted to let you know.
This is related to a change in SDR# v1919 (or whatever version the change occurred in) audio levels.

You will need to use an older SDR# version until I get some time and figure out what needs to be done to fix it.
NOTE: This issue will undoubtedly affect some other plug-ins:
  • AudioRecorder has been reported as one of them.

thewraith2008

Guys, just wanted to report that I just tried using TETRA Demodulator on two PC's using WIN10 with SDR# rev. 1919
What version of the TETRA Demodulator plug-in are you using?

I just tried SDR# v1919 with v1.8.9.0 of the plug-in and it just crashes.
  • This is because of changes to the AGC where a property no longer exists.
When I bypass this, the voice audio appears to be working OK.